Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like paradox more than the other 2. Besides that stupid arm guy it was a solid made for Netflix flick

Although the end confuses me? Is the premise that the astronauts were in the future and all the earth stuff happened long ago though seemingly simultaneous in the movie?

No, I don't think it was that, but since the story was about crossing dimensions the stroy can really go anywhere and not have to make sense.

Ok, so... Cloverfield Paradox does connect the first two movies, as well as the upcoming 4th. It takes place in WW2.

It's timespace that is affected... parallel earths at different times.

Paradox takes place later in the timeline than the others. The 4th before. The station ended up in a parallel dimension, but doesn't necessarily mean it only affected that one, only. Case in point, the next one in the 40s.

Makes sense? Yes.
Convoluted? YES.

Typically the case when dealing time tavel... or dimensional travel... NOW BOTH.

The Judge: A very pleasant movie, and Robert Duvall, at his old age still nails his performances. RDJ was great but something that bothers me is that he, like Zoe Saldana, only plays one type of character in his films. I would really like to see him cast in a role that really challenges him to be something else, because he acted too much like Tony Stark in this movie. I also liked how the film depicted small town life. Overall I will definitely watch this movie again.

The 1st Cloverfield is the best out of the 3 but the 2nd one was too far out there for me.
The second one felt like a really coked up M Night Shyamalan wrote it. Just twist upon twist to the point of absurdity. I think if it had just been a thriller about a crazy survivalist dude it could've been really amazing.

I like the first one alright. But I saw it several years after it came out and by that point I was kind of over the found footage stuff.

The second one felt like a really coked up M Night Shyamalan wrote it. Just twist upon twist to the point of absurdity. I think if it had just been a thriller about a crazy survivalist dude it could've been really amazing.

I like the first one alright. But I saw it several years after it came out and by that point I was kind of over the found footage stuff.
Add in that the connection to the overall Cloverfield story was barely there.

Here's the thing... the first one is the only one that has the name Cloverfield for no reason.

2nd... address.
3rd... station name.
1st... um, out of nowhere seemingly.

Weird.

Here's the thing... the first one is the only one that has the name Cloverfield for no reason.

Weird.

Actually, no. It supposedly was named that because the monster was nuked at the end of #1 (spoiler alert) and the first thing that grows back in a nuked area is clover.

Actually, no. It supposedly was named that because the monster was nuked at the end of #1 (spoiler alert) and the first thing that grows back in a nuked area is clover.
I was completely unaware of this. Interesting.

Or did you pull that out of your ass..?

I was completely unaware of this. Interesting.

Or did you pull that out of your ass..?
No, no asspulling. I don't know how accurate the botany is in that theory, but that was the explanation that went around because of COURSE everyone wanted to know why it was called "Cloverfield".

Ended up watching Happy Death Day because the wife wanted to see it. Not particularly memorable and I wouldn't even label it as horror. But actually a pretty fun, decent movie. Groundhog Day with murder. To the point that Groundhog Day is actually referenced in the movie.

Also watched this Showtime doc called Prison Fighters. About a program in Thailand where prisoners can compete in Muay Thai fights for reduced sentences or even outright pardons. Pretty bizarre way of doing things to say the least. But it was a fairly interesting doc. Ron Perlman narrates.

It Comes is worthy of watching, because it generates legit scares. That damn hallway is a nightmare. But it is a drama, not an action film. And though the ending wasn't any kind of major climax, it was horrific enough. At least not a headscratcher letdown ala The Ritual.

I watched Murder on the Orient Express - I liked it but had 2 problems with it. I've read the book, but it was a while ago, and I don't remember Poirot being a Belgium Sherlock Holmes in his method, nor calling himself "the World's Greatest Detective".

Secondly it kind of felt like it jumped from the middle of the investigation to the conclusion.

I also watched The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. I haven't seen this since it first came out. I don't have too much of an issue with the added scenes/side-story in this one. In fact I thought it was quite an interesting exploration.
I loved the fight and flight scene with the Goblins though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back