Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Murder on the Orient Express - I liked it but had 2 problems with it. I've read the book, but it was a while ago, and I don't remember Poirot being a Belgium Sherlock Holmes in his method, nor calling himself "the World's Greatest Detective".

Secondly it kind of felt like it jumped from the middle of the investigation to the conclusion.

I also watched The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. I haven't seen this since it first came out. I don't have too much of an issue with the added scenes/side-story in this one. In fact I thought it was quite an interesting exploration.
I loved the fight and flight scene with the Goblins though.
Even the SCROTUM BEARD??

I watched Justice League last night. Not sure why it got a lot of hate, it's a pretty good movie - though with ugly CGI.
I haven't seen it yet. But it seems to me it's just become trendy to shit all over DC movies. DC is kinda like the Nickelback of movies in that way. IMO their movies aren't the complete atrocities a lot of people would have have you believe. They just aren't anything special and it's tough not to hold them to the standard of Marvel.

All that said, I agree with XO they should just nuke the whole damn thing and start over. But I doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon. Just a shame they've got these great characters and can't seem to do them justice on the big screen.

I watched Justice League last night. Not sure why it got a lot of hate, it's a pretty good movie - though with ugly CGI.
It's an Avengers remix, complete with dorky teen hero and a tesseract.

As for the overall DCCU, it sucks because Zack Snyder gave it a bad launching point. "Watchmen" was okay as a standalone film, but it shouldn't have been the model for the look and feel of the rest of the DCCU. Constant darkness; blue/greywashing; a lack of real humor and taking itself too seriously puts everyone off. The Marvel CU knows it's silly and openly states that repeatedly. Even the DC shows on the CW network have so much more heart and humor than the DCCU, even when they're being cheesy, self-referential and even occasionally breaking the fourth wall ("Dude, that was like three seasons ago!..."); they even go so far as to reference Marvel characters. Zack Snyder just doesn't grasp the importance of this stuff, which implies that he doesn't understand his audience.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 reasons why DCCU is ok at best:

1. They hitched their wagon to Zack Snyder. Saw this as a bad move when Man of Steel was released.

Marvel is in the hands of a guy that cares about the material and characters. Frankly, Marvel is one part smart, one part lucky here

2. WB, frankly, doesn't care. They don't. Why should they? If the DCCU fails, they continue with all their other films.

Marvel has almost zero options outside the MCU. Honestly, that's also why they don't fully downplay DC's releases. Feige, leading the MCU, even said he was definitely seeing Justice League when released. Successful superhero movies help keep interest in their product.

I haven't seen it yet. But it seems to me it's just become trendy to **** all over DC movies. DC is kinda like the Nickelback of movies in that way. IMO their movies aren't the complete atrocities a lot of people would have have you believe. They just aren't anything special and it's tough not to hold them to the standard of Marvel.

All that said, I agree with XO they should just nuke the whole damn thing and start over. But I doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon. Just a shame they've got these great characters and can't seem to do them justice on the big screen.

2 reasons why DCCU is ok at best:

1. They hitched their wagon to Zack Snyder. Saw this as a bad move when Man of Steel was released.

Marvel is in the hands of a guy that cares about the material and characters. Frankly, Marvel is one part smart, one part lucky here

2. WB, frankly, doesn't care. They don't. Why should they? If the DCCU fails, they continue with all their other films.

Marvel has almost zero options outside the MCU. Honestly, that's also why they don't fully downplay DC's releases. Feige, leading the MCU, even said he was definitely seeing Justice League when released. Successful superhero movies help keep interest in their product.

Man of Steel is the best movie in that "universe"

I think Man of Steel is one of the better super hero films in the last decade.

BvS isn't as bad as people make it out to be but it was bloated. Justice League was boring. Suicide Squad is a turd sandwich.

Warner/DC need to hire better writers. Snyder is done now I think. They can just focus on WW2, MoS2 and Batman and move it from there.

Butttttt

Jared Leto is still the Joker in this universe and they are making a Suicide Squad 2.

Joaquin Phoenix, who is an amazing choice, is playing the Joker in a stand alone Joker movie that is in a different universe? Wtf

Should've made a Man of Steel 2 and a Batman movie separately along with Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Flash movies and then did the Justice League or BvS thing.

Joaquin Phoenix is going to kill it as the Joker though.

Yea if they don't suck I'm good.

Marvel is lights out.

I don't mind watching a couple of their movies every year.

Hell they cover fantasy, space, comedy, thrillers and everything basically except horror.

Yea if they don't suck I'm good.

Marvel is lights out.

I don't mind watching a couple of their movies every year.

Hell they cover fantasy, space, comedy, thrillers and everything basically except horror.
New Mutants is being marketed as a potential horror. Not MCU, but it is a superhero movie. Technically.

Am I the only one burnt out on super hero movies?

Market is literally saturated with them, I can't keep up anymore.
I've been done with them for a while. I just can't do it anymore. They're all the same. The last non-Batman(I didn't see BvS) superhero movie I saw in the theater was Logan. The last one I saw before that? Uhhh, X-Men: Days of Future Past?

Deadpool still has my interest because it at least goes against the grain some, but I doubt I'll see it in theaters.

You'd think the bubble is bound to burst sometime soon. When BvS makes $900 million and it is considered a financial disappointment because it takes at least a billion dollars to make a profit, there is something wrong with the genre.

I can’t remember the last avengers I saw, but I thought civil war sucked serious ass. Imo, Black Panther was the only one that stood out. So I will be seeing that.

It’s just too limiting to push a story in a 2 hour film, and the quality starts lacking imo. That, and they are moving too fast, can’t keep up with them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back