Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Creed: So I finally picked it up and me and the wife really enjoyed it. She had a hard time watching the final bout due to the violent nature of the sport but she really liked the Creed backstory that led to the Creeds and the Balboas essentially becoming family. RIP Paully lol.

He complains when we talk superhero films. He complains when we don't. lol

Anyway, @Deuce Wayne you seen anything good lately? Or just stop by to criticize the thread as usual?

I just mentioned about 5 Oscar nominated films I had recently watched and gave my opinion on them...

:)

And I'm not complaining that you're not talking about SH films. I'm just noting the odd coincidence. When everyone else is finally talking about one-- GoTitans is quiet. haha

And I'm not complaining that you're not talking about SH films. I'm just noting the odd coincidence. When everyone else is finally talking about one-- GoTitans is quiet. haha
It's been mentioned here. And it has its own taboo thread which is likely diverting some of the posts away from this thread.

I probably won't see it in the theater. I'll post my thoughts when it comes out on video. At which point you'll likely be all "zzzzzzzz, supes films... blah!"

It's been mentioned here. And it has its own taboo thread which is likely diverting some of the posts away from this thread.

I probably won't see it in the theater. I'll post my thoughts when it comes out on video. At which point you'll likely be all "zzzzzzzz, supes films... blah!"
Same... I'll see it on Bluray. As I've said before, I only see 2-3 movies in the theater per year these days. Kids and a wife that simply isn't into movies like I am. Gotta pick my spots carefully... and usually after the first quarter of the year.

That said... Avengers gets that first slot in May. Have to watch Black Panther before. Convinced that the movie starts approximately where Black Panther leaves off.

Kids and a wife that simply isn't into movies like I am. Gotta pick my spots carefully... and usually after the first quarter of the year.
My wife's the same way. Sucks. Particularly in the spring/summer she never wants to go to the movies because "it's nice outside." I can usually drag her to the theater a couple times during those months though. Not really a huge deal though. More often than not I ended up frustrated over rude ass people in the theater anyway.

My wife's the same way. Sucks. Particularly in the spring/summer she never wants to go to the movies because "it's nice outside." I can usually drag her to the theater a couple times during those months though. Not really a huge deal though. More often than not I ended up frustrated over rude ass people in the theater anyway.

That's so ironic, as part of the reason that summer blockbusters exist was because of the proliferation of air conditioning luring people into theaters on hot summer days.

Since I only do 2-3 movies... I pay extra for a nice theater that doesn't allow anyone under 21. In addition, the people that spend the extra money are less "annoying". There to watch the movie.

Paying more is worth it!

That's so ironic, as part of the reason that summer blockbusters exist was because of the proliferation of air conditioning luring people into theaters on hot summer days.
Yeah. My wife just loves working in the yard, gardening, etc. We also go to the park with our dogs a lot. We have air conditioning at the house.

Get Out fucking sucked. If not for the social climate this movie would have been regarded as average as hell.

I wanted to turn it off after about 40 minutes, but really wanted to see if there was something later on that I would have missed out on. Nope. Just lame pretty much straight though.

Get Out ****ing sucked. If not for the social climate this movie would have been regarded as average as hell.

I wanted to turn it off after about 40 minutes, but really wanted to see if there was something later on that I would have missed out on. Nope. Just lame pretty much straight though.
I didn't think it sucked. But it's definitely majorly overrated due to the social "commentary." It's a 3/5 movie for me. I found it entertaining enough but not particularly memorable and not something I expect I'll ever go back to.

My original comment from this thread:
Get Out. I enjoyed it quite a bit. But it didn't really live up to all the hype for me. And I'll just say it, I think the whole "evil white people" aspect is a significant factor in why it was so lauded. I feel like it had some issues that people would be been calling out in any other film.

If we go to the movies, which is much less often now, we go at the first showing on a Sunday, usually about 11am. Typically there is no more than 5-10 people in the theater. Best way to go. Unfortunately my wife has terrible taste in movies.

Murder on The Orient Express: Such high expectations for this movie only for it to let me down. Only watch this movie if you REALLY only like a lot of character building, back story, and drama. The only good thing I liked was the acting and the set/costume pieces for that era. My wife fell asleep about a quarter of the way through. This flick is pretty forgettable.

Finally got around to watching Brawl in Cell Block 99. Wasn't quite what I was expecting but I was highly entertained. I guess I expected it to be relentlessly dark and brutal, given what I'd heard about it. I mean, the brutality is definitely there. But it's really just a couple of scenes. Pretty fun throwback genre type film.

Way behind, but finally watched Founder.

Ray Kroc is an a$$h0le. I can't believe he never paid the royalties to the actual McDonald's.
That's enough reason to boycott them if I wasn't already due to their sh**ty food.

Plus it's interesting the whole thing started from trying to sell milkshake machines, the one specific part that is collectively not working at 1 million different McDonald's.

Way behind, but finally watched Founder.

Ray Kroc is an a$$h0le. I can't believe he never paid the royalties to the actual McDonald's.
That's enough reason to boycott them if I wasn't already due to their sh**ty food.

Plus it's interesting the whole thing started from trying to sell milkshake machines, the one specific part that is collectively not working at 1 million different McDonald's.
How was the movie? Love or hate McDonalds, it's a good, interesting movie.

Keaton kills it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back