Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never actually seen any of the Hellraisers. Just never looked all that great.
The first one is maybe, maybe, worth watching just to say you did. But it's a slightly average horror movie at best.

I bought the book a few years back just to see if it's perhaps better on the page than the screen (I sure hope so). But I haven't been motivated to read it yet.

Right now my shortlist of new movies to watch (not in theaters) is Thor Ragnorok, The Snowman, I, Tonya, and Murder on the OE.

Should I put any of these on the back burner? Movie watching time is at a premium right now so I don't want to waste it. I know The Snowman and MotOE didn't get great reviews.

Right now my shortlist of new movies to watch (not in theaters) is Thor Ragnorok, The Snowman, I, Tonya, and Murder on the OE.

Should I put any of these on the back burner? Movie watching time is at a premium right now so I don't want to waste it. I know The Snowman and MotOE didn't get great reviews.
I've only seen Thor and highly recommend it if you like comic book movies. Yeah, Snowman and Murder got pretty meh reviews. I, Tonya supposed to be really good though.

I've only seen Thor and highly recommend it if you like comic book movies. Yeah, Snowman and Murder got pretty meh reviews. I, Tonya supposed to be really good though.
I, Tonya IS really good....which is not at all what you'd expect from a film about an unlikable redneck figure skater.

20150630_dancingoutlaw.jpg

Lady Bird

This was a wife pick. But I actually ended up liking it a lot more than I expected I would. It's nothing you haven't seen before. Just another in a long list of coming-of-age movies. But it's a solid movie nonetheless and it held my attention the entire time.

Thor: Ragnarok - Very very disappointed in this movie :swear:. I really enjoyed Thor 1 and 2 but WTF happened with this movie? Just constant in your face "HA HA that was funny wasn't it?" crap! The plot was good, but my God, everything in this movie was really bad except some of the cinematography. I can't believe I'm saying this but I may never watch this movie again, and for a MCU movie that is sad.

Black Panther:
Overall, really enjoyed it; the pacing was weird, though. Because of that, Killmonger being tauted as the "best villian since the Joker" has been a bit overblown. It is nice that he is not the bland, egocentric "I'm taking over THE WORLD!!" type- he is the hero of his own story- but there is a big, uncomfortable leap between his stated mission and challenging T'challah. I have heard that the film was originally four hours and was edited down to 2:15:00, and the apparent result is that the third act goes REALLY fast; I'm guessing that Killmonger's story suffers because of that.
Living in a place that still sortof observes a few 1000-year-old traditions, I enjoyed and appreciated the Afrofuturism presented by the film. I kinda giggled at the irony that the way Wakanda is kept hidden and politically neutral from the rest of the world is the exact same way that John Galt hid his Objectivist colony in Atlas Shrugged. I hope that someone wrote that trick before Ayn Rand did....

Thor: Ragnarok - Very very disappointed in this movie :swear:. I really enjoyed Thor 1 and 2 but WTF happened with this movie? Just constant in your face "HA HA that was funny wasn't it?" crap! The plot was good, but my God, everything in this movie was really bad except some of the cinematography. I can't believe I'm saying this but I may never watch this movie again, and for a MCU movie that is sad.
I agree the tone was truly bizarre with all the constant jokes. Although I personally thought it was really entertaining. But yeah, it almost feels like a totally different universe when you compare it to the previous installments. Even Bruce Banner is a comedian all of a sudden?

I agree the tone was truly bizarre with all the constant jokes. Although I personally thought it was really entertaining. But yeah, it almost feels like a totally different universe when you compare it to the previous installments. Even Bruce Banner is a comedian all of a sudden?
I was reading the Wiki and realized that Talikia Wattiti directed it. No wonder this movie sucked.

I was reading the Wiki and realized that Talikia Wattiti directed it. No wonder this movie sucked.
I knew I recognized the voice of Korg but couldn't put my finger on it so I looked it up during the movie. Didn't realize until the credits though that he also directed it.

Tossed 3 bucks at iTunes and watched this on the big screen.
Yeah yeah, it's all already scattered around on youtube.
I don't know why but I find simply watching cars driving the Russian landscape fascinating. The insanity that they encounter is just a bonus.

7 out of 10 Kalashnokivs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back