Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was the movie? Love or hate McDonalds, it's a good, interesting movie.

Keaton kills it.
I thought it was good. For a lack of comedy, car chases, explosions or shootouts, it was still interesting. And ya, Keaton is awesome. Ron Swanson plays himself pretty well (or the actor that perfects Ron Swanson pulled it off again.)

Anvil: The Story of Anvil

Been meaning to watch this one for several years but never got around to it for whatever reason. Anyway, really solid as far as these sad sack character documentaries go. The King of Kong and American Movie are still tops in that category though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Been meaning to watch this one for several years but never got around to it for whatever reason. Anyway, really solid as far as these sad sack character documentaries go. The King of Kong and American Movie are still tops in that category though.

Loved the Anvil doc. The Jon Mikle Thor doc is similar territory, but far sadder. He REALLY wanted that brass ring and it was always out of reach.

I watched a couple and still have no idea who Pinhead is or what he does other than just stand around running his mouth.
Fun fact: the climactic battle in HR 3 happens on Elm street in beautiful downtown Greensboro, NC with High Point cops. Talk about low budget....

Thor: Ragnarok This movie definitely has flaws but damn if it wasn't fun as hell. Yet again Marvel really went over the top in forcing the comedy, which I'm generally not a fan of. I get it with something like Guardians of the Galaxy. But it seems an odd choice with a property like Thor. It plays like a spoof movie at times. My wife even commented at one point "I feel like I'm watching Spaceballs." Yet it works. But tonally it just seems like a weird fit compared to not only earlier Thor films but the bulk of the Marvel Universe.

King of Kong and American Movie are both execellent. I love the scene in the Burger King Drive thru from American Movie. I think it's a deleted scene.

"It's great how things work out sometimes..."

King of Kong and American Movie are both execellent. I love the scene in the Burger King Drive thru from American Movie. I think it's a deleted scene.

"It's great how things work out sometimes..."
Yeah. It's hard to believe these people actually exist. Some of the greatest comedy writers alive don't write characters this good.

Yeah. It's hard to believe these people actually exist. Some of the greatest comedy writers alive don't write characters this good.

But don't mention the analytics based Hollywood trends excluding these people from the discussion around here for fear of being ostracized by ready consumers..

Mark's comments about questioning his life are the best. The one about being 30 and was about to have to clean up someone else's shit and the one about sucking down peppermint schnapps and calling Morroco at 2 in the morning are still some of the funniest lines from any movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back