Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw "The Express" last night. It had its moments but I felt I'd seen pretty much the same movie in "Glory Road". I think it's a solid rental but came up well short of becoming a sports movie classic.

On a side note, this is a PG movie. So I was a bit shocked at the amount of language that was unnecessarily used. If you have younger kids, you might want to view before showing it to them.

:thumb::thumb: 1/2 (out of four)

Funny Games, I don't even know what to say. I really don't.

1408. This was actually pretty interesting until the end, when it seemed to try and do to much.

BeKind Rewind. Had an amusing moment or two. Not all that far fetched given what people like to watch on the internet. So while a lame movie in general, it actually had some truth to it.

3:10 to Yuma: Thought the acting was good until the last 10 minutes when the plot end was kinda lame. I just didn't think it plausible.

Appaloosa. Liked the ending a lot more here. Thought provoking.

Wanted. Very good movie. One of my favorites for the year. Just behind Iron Man.

Jumper. Bad Movie, but could have been really good. Too bad.

The Lookout. Suprisingly pretty good. It will pull you to the end at least. Worth a look see.

Han****. I didn't see the twist coming. Suprised me. But the plot is a bit too far off the mark to make for a good ending.

Wanted. Very good movie. One of my favorites for the year. Just behind Iron Man.
You've got to be kidding!? Other than cool cgi and Angelina Jolie this movie was a dog.

Han****. I didn't see the twist coming. Suprised me.
Now I understand why you liked Wanted.;)

Seriously, if any of you like action-thrillers you need to go see Taken when it comes out this weekend. Very good movie with intense plot, nice tight action scenes, and believable characters.

I'll give it an 8/10.

As for wanted, very good is relative. I think it does what it does well. It just allows you to escape. The plot has holes, and the movie doesn't ask you to think about anything, but it does take you someplace you could not go otherwise. So it works on that level. I liken it to T-3. Pure escape. And very good for that reason, but obviously nothing more.

As for wanted, very good is relative. I think it does what it does well. It just allows you to escape. The plot has holes, and the movie doesn't ask you to think about anything, but it does take you someplace you could not go otherwise. So it works on that level. I liken it to T-3. Pure escape. And very good for that reason, but obviously nothing more.

Ok. I'm with you on that.

Funny Games, I don't even know what to say. I really don't.

1408. This was actually pretty interesting until the end, when it seemed to try and do to much.

BeKind Rewind. Had an amusing moment or two. Not all that far fetched given what people like to watch on the internet. So while a lame movie in general, it actually had some truth to it.

3:10 to Yuma: Thought the acting was good until the last 10 minutes when the plot end was kinda lame. I just didn't think it plausible.

Appaloosa. Liked the ending a lot more here. Thought provoking.

Jumper. Bad Movie, but could have been really good. Too bad.

The Lookout. Suprisingly pretty good. It will pull you to the end at least. Worth a look see.

Han****. I didn't see the twist coming. Suprised me. But the plot is a bit too far off the mark to make for a good ending.

FUNNY GAMES: that is seriously one of the worst movies i've ever seen. The guy remade is own movie? Horrible, horrible movie.

The same people that worry so much about plots are the same people that enjoy the pseudo artistic movies with the most holes in them.
Ever notice that?

anyway-

Paul Blart: Mall Cop (my wife made me) - As cliche as most 1990s era comedies. Felt like I had already seen it.

Recently found Netflix via my Xbox so I was able to catch up on some movies I've wanted to see for some time:

Abyss - 9/10 - Cameron's best film

King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters - 8/10 - funny look at "hardcore, old school" gamers

Darwin Awards - 7/10 - funny, different movie about, well you can figure it out ...

Next - 5/10 - had potential, but had way too many holes with the heightened foresight thing

Supersize Me - 9/10 - can see why this movie received so much attention and I feel horrible for every Chicken McNugget I've devoured

Superbad - 8/10 - funny movie

Almost Heroes - 8/10 - man I miss Chris Farley

Falling Down - 7/10 - one of the few Michael Douglas movies I can actually watch

Stand by Me - 9/10 - a movie that's hard to stop watching

Has anyone seen Ghost Dog: Way of the Samarai? Or something like that. It has Forrest Whitaker in it.

I ask because this is the worst movie I have seen in my life. I would say it is sooooo bad that it's worth watching just to see how horrible it really is.

One of my favs ...... Boondock Saints. If you haven't seen it ... go rent it........NOW!

Has anyone seen Ghost Dog: Way of the Samarai? Or something like that. It has Forrest Whitaker in it.

I ask because this is the worst movie I have seen in my life. I would say it is sooooo bad that it's worth watching just to see how horrible it really is.

One of my favs ...... Boondock Saints. If you haven't seen it ... go rent it........NOW!

Ghost Dog was OK.. I liked Dead Man better.
Boondock Saints 2 is in the works..

I said I liked it.. It was a creepy western dream with Neil Young riffs

I agree with you CC. I think that no one appreciates Jim Jarmusch films, not to mention the great performance Johnny Depp gives throughout. Also, Neil Young is pretty much a god in my book.

as for ghost dog...eh. I'm more of a coffee and cigarettes kind of guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back