Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said I liked it.. It was a creepy western dream with Neil Young riffs

Ohhhh. I didn't know that the same guy directed both. I thought you were just randomly speaking about another movie.
Unfortunately, because of Ghost Dog, I will never watch this Dead Man. Jim Jarmusch will not make another cent off of me. :suspect:

I can't say Ghost Dog even remotely resembles Dead Man, which stands on its own. It's a strange film that feels like it has a twist of David Lynch and a maybe a little bit of vibe from those old Bergman films.. Heck, any film that has Michael Wincott, Iggy Pop, Billy Bob Thornton, Crispin Glover and Robert Mitchum no less is a must-see by default...

Picked up "Superman Returns" off the bargain rack a few weeks ago and now wish I had my $4.95 and the two hours I lost watching that dog back.

:thumb: (out of four possible)

Last night watched The Last King Of Scotland

Tense thriller in which a young Scottish med grad travels to Uganda on an adventurous whim and winds up being personal doctor and advisor to the newly-empowered Idi Amin (righteously portrayed by Forest Whitaker). Fear and moral dilemmas ensue as Amin slips further and further into brutal, paranoid insanity.

9/10 with bonus points for arousing nostalgia by having the climax occur at Entebbe Airport.

Superman Returns is horrible.

That movie keeps coming on television here lately. I honestly can't make it through it.

Anyways, I watched Tropic Thunder today. I liked it. Some of the stuff was over the top, but it was to be expected. I honestly haven't liked any of Stiller's stuff since Zoolander, so I was pleasantly surprised that I liked this one. The rapper being named Alpa Chino was hilarious. I kept laughing everytime they said "Alpa Chino's Booty Sweat".

22091363ada0155a6334f010.L.jpg

My Recommendation : :geek: :eh?: :thumb:
when watched : a month ago

this movie reminded me of Memento in ways
Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz play varied / mutliple roles and they both played them well

It was weird at times
Spectacular at others
and every once in awhile it just loses you
but, this movie is Art

it' not for everyone, but if you like a little esoteric substance in your entertainment ,then you'd probably get into

I've had this in the back of my mind Puck since you mentioned it, and I just recently saw it. You nailed it.

Wow.

im probably late to the party on this one, but i watched The Mexican last night and it was pretty good. one of the few brad pitt movies i liked.

So you've seen it? If so, got any overall opinion of the movie?

well. i'll put it this way. I hate professional wrestling, but this movie really portrays the ebbs and flows of sucess. Rourke is down and out and throughout the movie he is trying to climb back despite many MANY obsticles. I loved it. Great supporting roles. Rourke is quite the comedian in this movie and shows that even a washed up wrestler can still have a dream. Its a pretty inspirational movie, IMO.

well. i'll put it this way. I hate professional wrestling, but this movie really portrays the ebbs and flows of sucess. Rourke is down and out and throughout the movie he is trying to climb back despite many MANY obsticles. I loved it. Great supporting roles. Rourke is quite the comedian in this movie and shows that even a washed up wrestler can still have a dream. Its a pretty inspirational movie, IMO.

I wasn't as impressed. Don't get me wrong, the movie was better than average, but not as good as the hype. Rourke wasn't really asked to do much, acting wise. I mean, he's playing a washed up, drugged out, loser from New Jersey who is hanging on to any glimmer of past fame by the fingernails. They could have called the movie, "Mickey Rourke."

I wasn't as impressed. Don't get me wrong, the movie was better than average, but not as good as the hype. Rourke wasn't really asked to do much, acting wise. I mean, he's playing a washed up, drugged out, loser from New Jersey who is hanging on to any glimmer of past fame by the fingernails. They could have called the movie, "Mickey Rourke."

so because you can't relate to the character, that makes you impervious to any satisfaction the movie relays? Since when has Mickey Rourke been this amazing "has been"? The guy has never had a good career and he has never been washed up because you have to actually achieve something to be washed up. Rourke gave a great performance...and obviously the hollywood foreign press and the AMPAS thought so too.

The guy has never had a good career and he has never been washed up because you have to actually achieve something to be washed up.

I'm not disagreeing about The Wrestler but Mickey had a pretty nice acting career going in the 80's.. We wouldn't be talking about him now if he didn't do something then.. Barfly and Pope of Greenwich Village are 80's fave as are RumbleFish , Diner and so on..

Just saw that movie "Taken" unbelievable movie. If you like the Jason Bourne movies, this is right up that alley. This movie right from the start gets you hooked and is a roller coaster ride the rest of the way. I recommend it to anyone who plans on watching it,you wont be disappointed...

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CvUxdQ4q-Lg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CvUxdQ4q-Lg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

I'm not disagreeing about The Wrestler but Mickey had a pretty nice acting career going in the 80's.. We wouldn't be talking about him now if he didn't do something then.. Barfly and Pope of Greenwich Village are 80's fave as are RumbleFish , Diner and so on..

All of those movies are mediocre at best, IMO. Diner is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back