Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of those movies are mediocre at best, IMO. Diner is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Not really about whether you liked those movies or not.. that's another whole discussion.
Mickey, in the days before Chuck Zito uglified his face was a decent actor who had accomplished at the very least some pretty decent acting credits and a pretty good name for himself. He did wash-up and now he's come back.

Not really about whether you liked those movies or not.. that's another whole discussion.
Mickey, in the days before Chuck Zito uglified his face was a decent actor who had accomplished at the very least some pretty decent acting credits and a pretty good name for himself. He did wash-up and now he's come back.

I don't think he washed up. He did what he did for a reason, he wanted to box. To each his own. I was never a big Rourke fan. Dynamically, he never brought to the table what he was capable of doing. I don't think he chose good roles, but he really picked the right one with the wrestler...the scene(s)with his daughter really made me think twice about his acting...I always viewed him as a tough guy in film and he really turned it up a notch showing his vulnerability throughout the film. I guess Rourke nearly faded away and now he may be in Iron Man 2, so he's come a long way.

Saw a few movies this weekend and I am considering going to see another today....

Friday saw Bedtime Stories on base. It was a pretty funny family movie. My son really liked it and it had me laughing in a few spots. Good movie to take the family to and enjoy it yourself. 8/10

Saturday saw Underworld, rise of the lycons..........Action packed, but to me felt like it was lacking something. It was a prequel to the others and it seemed that they were trying VERY hard to follow the story. I left a little disappointed. Wish it had a little more UMPH to the plot. 7/10

so because you can't relate to the character, that makes you impervious to any satisfaction the movie relays? Since when has Mickey Rourke been this amazing "has been"? The guy has never had a good career and he has never been washed up because you have to actually achieve something to be washed up. Rourke gave a great performance...and obviously the hollywood foreign press and the AMPAS thought so too.

Sorry I insulted your boyfriend. I didn't realize you were so attached to him. Please go back and read my post. I think you over-exaggerated everything I said. And what makes you think I can't relate to the character? For all you know I am a broken down Luce-Libre from Western Pennsylvania trying to revitalize my career in the community centers of North Georgia. I actually liked the movie, just not as much as you or the AMPAS did.

Last night the lady brought home Bobby.

Written and directed by Emilio Estevez (who also stars), this heavily star-studded film studies the lives- and hopes- of various staff, guests and media personnel present in the California hotel on the night of Robert Kennedy's primary election victory speech and his subsequent assassination. (That was horrible sentence structure, but, basically, it's about all the people who were there).

It seemed slow for the first half, mainly because I didn't know what I was supposed to be watching; but the final climactic minutes tied it all together well.

What I found interesting was the opening paragraph setting the scene which describes a socio-political battlefield created in the streets of America in the shadow of an unpopular war. Traci and I both said simultaneously 'Well, THIS sounds familiar!"

6.5/10 IMO, but worth watching.

Watched "Waitress" last night. Strange movie, and at points, really hard to watch, but entertaining and funny at parts. I didn't really have any expectations, and it kept them love through the movie, but kept me engaged. Glad I watched it, and I was impressed with Keri Russel (is that the lead's name?), so I'll give it a 6.5/10.

Saw Coraline last night in real 3d.

It was definitely a work of art, as i was expecting. Beautiful colors, even with the typical Tim Burton gloominess.
It being in 3d was cool, due to all the scenes with windows and rooms, so you felt there.

The story was alright. My kids were scared, but it was a fun type scared where they were giggling about it afterward. A little deep for most kids to understand, but basically what I expected.
PLUS- I now have a chance to win the Coraline Nike Dunks. :) the main reason I went.

A Tim Burton favorite just in case:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fxQcBKUPm8o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fxQcBKUPm8o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

speaking of Tim Burton: 9 Looks Good - He's Producing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9_(2009_film)

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JIpZxBczWUg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JIpZxBczWUg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

I'm waiting for The Wrestler. They say Mickey Rourke gave a helluva performance.

I couldn't stop watching it
knew I was into something when it opened up with Quiet Riot's "Bang Your Head" :beerbang:
whether he was asked to do much isn't as important as what he did with what was there, I thought he nailed it.
Marisa Tomei was good too ..... verrrrry good :wink2:
one of the things I liked about the movie was the cinematography. following him around with a steadicam gave it a 'live' feel. and the way it told the story of a particular match with a aftermath / flashback vibe I thought was slick

this movie could have been horrible in the wrong hands

:thumb::thumb:

Let The Right One In - A swedish film that is getting a lot of attention in limited screening earlier this year. Probably better than any film I saw last year by a long shot, and perhaps the most refreshing "horror" film I've seen in literally years (critics seem to agree, as it has over 100 views on Rotten Tomatoes with a 98% Fresh rating). The acting by the two children protagonists is subtly superb, and creates a very fresh take on vampires, which is probably one of the most dull and lifeless creatures in horror these days. I honestly believe it will be regarded in the same light as "The Exorcist" is today; a true genre defining film. 10/10

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ICp4g9p_rgo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ICp4g9p_rgo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Let The Right One In - A swedish film that is getting a lot of attention in limited screening earlier this year. Probably better than any film I saw last year by a long shot, and perhaps the most refreshing "horror" film I've seen in literally years (critics seem to agree, as it has over 100 views on Rotten Tomatoes with a 98% Fresh rating). The acting by the two children protagonists is subtly superb, and creates a very fresh take on vampires, which is probably one of the most dull and lifeless creatures in horror these days. I honestly believe it will be regarded in the same light as "The Exorcist" is today; a true genre defining film. 10/10

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ICp4g9p_rgo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ICp4g9p_rgo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

couldn't agree more, man. 1 part interview with the vampire. 1 part sixth sense. With a dash of poetic irony. Probably one of the coolest takes on horror i've seen since the orphanage.

Just saw that movie "Taken" unbelievable movie. If you like the Jason Bourne movies, this is right up that alley. This movie right from the start gets you hooked and is a roller coaster ride the rest of the way. I recommend it to anyone who plans on watching it,you wont be disappointed...

Saw this yesterday and was actually quite disappointed. The movie is too short, the plot too simple and everything falls into place a little too neatly.
Liam Neeson gives a good performance, but he also has to, since he's the only character in the movie with more than 5 minutes of total on-screen time...

Do NOT understand how this got an 8 on IMDB....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back