Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
watched Cars for the first time last time
beautifully animated
there were spots where I couldn't tell the difference between CGI and live film
very well done indeed
I'm going to add this and Wall-E to my Blu-Ray collection (along with Bolt)

Bolt wasn't very memorable like Wall-E, Cars, etc for me. A very average movie.

Wall-E was beautiful art though.

I haven't seen Bolt yet, but I read some viewer opinions and they placed it in the Wall.E category, which to me was a beautiful film, but not quite as entertaining as ,say, Toy Story

Eagle Eye
takes too many liberties for me
some of the 'tech' is quite probable, some are more sci-fi
kinda reminded me of 'Enemy of the State'

I haven't seen Bolt yet, but I read some viewer opinions and they placed it in the Wall.E category, which to me was a beautiful film, but not quite as entertaining as ,say, Toy Story

Toy Story was more entertaining, yeah. Probably the best movie in it's class. But if you're an art/design fan like me, I'll probably watch it more than Toy Story just for the visuals.

I saw all the concept art in disney world. Made me want to go home and start drawing.

better not have any cgi and better have plenty of plastic looking real zombies.

Here we go again..
CG has its place but it's just not effective for "humanoid" monsters. Simple as that. Do the monsters in Scooby Doo scare you, cause it's no different than CG..

Ironically I recently watched a movie that you were hawking here a while back. Tarsem Singh's The Fall. The entire being of that movie was to show how much more magnificent in-camera effects are vs CG. That whole bit at the end where they showed early Hollywood stunt actors pulling off those crazy gags was a reminder that real-life in-camera action was more thrilling even in the 1920's than today's wire-fu cartoon action.
CG is cheaper and safer - that's the reason they use it..

Watched Paul Blart...Mall Cop. Hmmm Ole boy is getting John Candy big. It had a few laughs, but overalll...cheesy. But the strange thing is, the theater was packed. This movie has made a ton of money. Crazy. 4/10

new Friday the 13th was kind of lame....don't get me started on how lame the series is. I'm just a horror fanatic and I leap at every horror movie I see.

Here we go again..
CG has its place but it's just not effective for "humanoid" monsters. Simple as that. Do the monsters in Scooby Doo scare you, cause it's no different than CG..

Ironically I recently watched a movie that you were hawking here a while back. Tarsem Singh's The Fall. The entire being of that movie was to show how much more magnificent in-camera effects are vs CG. That whole bit at the end where they showed early Hollywood stunt actors pulling off those crazy gags was a reminder that real-life in-camera action was more thrilling even in the 1920's than today's wire-fu cartoon action.
CG is cheaper and safer - that's the reason they use it..
Ok. I still don't get how CG is cheaper. Makeup seems much cheaper than the CG process.
CG is just used mostly for things that are too difficult to do in actuality.

Ok. I still don't get how CG is cheaper. Makeup seems much cheaper than the CG process.

The days of Lon Chaney and his bag of tricks are long gone.

CG is just used mostly for things that are too difficult to do in actuality.

:bonk2: Or just maybe too costly?
CG is used mostly for background settings etc. It relieves the production from the costs of building out detailed sets, shooting on location and so forth.
The same premise applies all the way down to minor details.
A simple gunshot is a good example. Computer rendering the FX can be done in a snap.. No dangerous squib needed, no Stan Winston FX team needed, no lengthy setup needed, no retakes needed, no insurance, no gun handler - just a guy sitting in front of a computer screen..

Blindness -
Very intense tale about the world's population suddenly falling into an unexplained state blindness. The unraveling of society follows. Any further details would be spoilers.
Folks who liked Children of Men, 28 Days Later etc. will enjoy this film.
I liked this one quite a bit.

No wire-fu or superheroes if that is a prerequisite...

Bolt
typical Disney "pain and suffering" / " find your inner awesomeness" movie
but I thought it was good .... bordering on great
daughter loved it, had a few lol moments

:thumb::thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back