Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
to me, I think Hazel represented the life and the thought process that a normal person would have. In Cadens mind, he could no longer discern his own world from the real one. Hazel represents his fall; the point of no return, IMO. She was an experiment to Caden, nothing more.

Yeah... I think we have different interpretations of the film. I'm thinking that Hazel represents the relationship that Ellen always wanted but never had.

see, I didn't even think of that. I thought it was incidental to the whole story but that is a good observation. I thought you meant what I thought of Hazel and Cadens relationship.

EDEN LAKE - Just finished watching this one. Good grief! WAY WAY off the tension charts. Jack Ketchum meets Deliverance meets The Descent. Highly recommended if this kind of flick is your thing...

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z1QaFtd55MI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z1QaFtd55MI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

EDEN LAKE - Just finished watching this one. Good grief! WAY WAY off the tension charts. Jack Ketchum meets Deliverance meets The Descent. Highly recommended if this kind of flick is your thing...

I watched it yesterday.

It never lets up.Way above the typical movies of the genre.

We've had 3 or 4 murders similar to this in the UK by gangs of youths so it really it a nerve over here.Very well acted.

We've had 3 or 4 murders similar to this in the UK by gangs of youths so it really it a nerve over here.Very well acted.

These movies of late are making me fear the hell out of British kids!
Boy A, This is England, Breaking and Entering and now Eden Lake - all watched in the last month or so...

see, I didn't even think of that. I thought it was incidental to the whole story but that is a good observation. I thought you meant what I thought of Hazel and Cadens relationship.

Sorry I wasn't more specific. I really don't want to give anything away, or offer an interpretation of the twist before someone sees it.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest-

We're doing this play at the moment, which is a good bit different from the movie, but it's still homework that needed to be done. I'm probably one of the few that hadn't seen it yet. This is probably the best role I've seen Jack Nicholson in. Still, nothing too challenging, but the part was meant for him.
I think the movie is a bit overrated, but I still liked it a lot. Wouldn't put it in my top 5, but I'd buy it, and I rarely buy movies. The acting was great all around. Even extras acted as if they weren't acting. The smallest things- everyone was in the scenes even if they didn't know they'd be. Not sure how to explain it... anyway-

8/10

If you haven't seen it (maybe some young folks like myself), it's a must watch.

See, I'm stingy with 10's. But I just don't think the actual story is good enough to warrant a 10. (or a top 10 of all time...imdb) Again, great movie. Just a bit overrated. Not sure what makes it THAT special.

They say it makes The Dark Knight look like Care Bears when it comes to 'darkness'. I'm actually looking forward to The Watchmen more than I was TDK.

I've read reviews on Watchmen that were all over the map. I've seen sites that thought it was mediocre to below-average, and I even saw a review that said it was the greatest super hero movie of all time bar none. It probably falls somewhere in between. To be honest, I haven't gotten caught up in all the hype, but I may see it when the buzz dies down.

I've never heard of Watchmen before, but why does one of the characters look like Batman?

Nightmare Before Christmas: I have that damn opening song in my head. 9/10

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xpvdAJYvofI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xpvdAJYvofI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I've never heard of Watchmen before, but why does one of the characters look like Batman?

He's an owl.

I saw it last night at the IMAX theatre. I was disapointed... as all fans of Alan Moore will be... but it was still a great movie. It was over two and a half hours long and they still cut out half the novel. The effects were AWESOME! You can see the comic book come to life. I know that sounds odd... but for any of you that have read/seen it you will understand.

I'll give it an 8/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back