Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never read the novel, yet I am going to go see this. I am a fan of great cinematics so I may like this. The story is not entertaining in the least? At least after reading these reviews I wont go in expecting to be AWWED.

I'm waiting for the DVD. I am too big of a fan to see the film. I heard the score was terrible, the acting was just as bad, and well....the story gets changed a bit.

The ending is different. The rest is honestly pretty true to the novel. The acting isn't that bad either, the only flat performances is Dr. Manhattan (which it's suppose to be), and the actresses playing Silk Spectre I and II. The rest are quite solid. I would say the soundtrack is okay, it doesn't hurt or help the film really.

The ending is different. The rest is honestly pretty true to the novel. The acting isn't that bad either, the only flat performances is Dr. Manhattan (which it's suppose to be), and the actresses playing Silk Spectre I and II. The rest are quite solid. I would say the soundtrack is okay, it doesn't hurt or help the film really.

Wow for all the wrong reasons.

I felt bored with it after 30 minutes.At points its unintentionally funny because it's so bad.Is Jackie Earle Haley the guy who does all those movie trailer voice overs?

Wow for all the wrong reasons.

I felt bored with it after 30 minutes.At points its unintentionally funny because it's so bad.Is Jackie Earle Haley the guy who does all those movie trailer voice overs?

Jackie Earl Haley is a former child star who played Kelly Leak in The Bad News Bears. You're thinking of Don Lafontaine who just died a few months ago..

I was a huge Kelly Leak fan as a kid.. Who knew he'd grow up to be such a creepy *******..
19792007.jpg

Don Lafontaine..
"In a world where...."

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7QPMvj_xejg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7QPMvj_xejg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Role Models

Good film. David Wain from "Stella" directed this one, which surprised me. Although the film is pretty predictable, it's still easily funny enough to keep you into it.

8/10

IFC is showing Blaxploitation classics all night... Coffy, Black Caesar, etc.. Sid Haig just dragged Robert Duqoi to his death. Wild n crazy stuff

Finally saw Let The Right One In last night. Nice to see a really good vampire move in the day and age of "Hot Topic" vamp-crap like Twilight and Underworld..
A must for horror fans.
PS: select subtitles over dubbed..

Aight...went and saw the Watchmen last night. First, I never read the novel so I went into this movie "blind". I was going to take my son to see this....but after reading a few reviews I did not. Sitting in the front row though, many parents did not read these reviews and they brought their children to see it....big mistake.

The story was VERY good I thought. During the movie I kept thinking about all the different twist and turns intertwined. They did a good job of throwing things all over the place then bringing them back together in the end. I now want to check out the actual story.

The action was amazing....from the great fight scenes, to the love making scenes. I was however a little perturbed at how much male nudity there was. Just not something I am used to seeing in movies.

The graphics were really really good.

I think the length of the movie got to me a little. The time went by pretty fast cause I was into it, but my butt fell asleep and that sucked!

There were quite a few people who got up and left. I have a theory on why some people do not like it, but it would offend some.

Overall - 8/10

Glad you enjoyed it dude.

I'm crap at figuring out 'whodunnit' movies.I just like to sit back and enjoy the ride but as son as I saw the first few minutes I picked the killer out right away and thought that it was painfully obvious who the killer was.

Ultimately as great as it was to look at I felt nothing for any of the characters. For me a story like that needs to make you care or root for the characters and Watchmen didn't do that for me.

I take my son to the movies about 3 times/month. Kid movies are not my thing, but I've seen almost every major kid release for the past 3 years.

Friday was Race To Witch Mountain. It's exactly what you would expect. The Rock was cookin' up action and explosions (with no bad language) and two aryan Disney kids had magic powers and insurmountable odds against them.

Spoiler Alert!!!! They miraculously outwit a band of thugs, the federal government, the US armed forces, and a nearly invincible alien assassin while saving earth and their home planet in one fell swoop.

Moral of the story?

1. You can't stop The Rock and two aryan kids.
2. The feds are out to get you.

Two index fingers to the sky from BR and BR, Jr.

LOL...BR...Yeah, I thought about taken the boy to see that, but I have been looking forward to seeing Watchmen for a while. That will be a movie I take him to see when it comes on base and only cost 3 bucks to see!

Childress --- That has been one of the biggest complaints I have read about. There was just not enough time to get emotionally involved with all the characters. I can see it, and I totally understand why most people dont like this. It is something that I will buy on Blu-Ray when it comes out......still waiting on my dark knight from Gunny....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back