Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deliverance - 7/10

This was overhyped for me. I always heard about this being such a good movie. The movie started out way too slow. It had its moments, but was not at all what I was expecting.

Taken - 9/10

This was one of my favorite movies of 2008... with the likes of The Dark Knight, Gran Torino, Slumdog Millionaire, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

This is the third time I've seen the movie now. I love it. I bought the DVD which has an option for an extended cut version. This is the first time I can say that I enjoyed an unrated version of a DVD more than the original cut. It added even more intensity to a movie that had already pushed the ratings. The original cut of the movie was borderline PG-13. The differences were small, but I enjoyed them.

Crank-High Voltage

Incredibly silly over the top violence and unrealistic action film.The thing is it knows what it is and doesn't pretend to be anything less.The director and writer even poke fun at themselves in the process and the end result is brilliant brainless fun.

Jason Statham's dry comedy delivery is quality throughout the mad cap stupidity.I didn't want it to end.

9/10:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Crank-High Voltage

Incredibly silly over the top violence and unrealistic action film.The thing is it knows what it is and doesn't pretend to be anything less.The director and writer even poke fun at themselves in the process and the end result is brilliant brainless fun.

Jason Statham's dry comedy delivery is quality throughout the mad cap stupidity.I didn't want it to end.

9/10:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Please no... No... you can't be serious, can you? The movie is obviously supposed to be stupid, but it's so far over the top that I'd rather snuggle in a corner alone and watch The Hannah Montana Movie all day long than watch this crap again. I can't begin to describe how stupid this movie was. I probably would have loved it if I was 13 because of all the boobs and killing, but seriously... this movie sucked a big one!

I wanted it to end after five minutes. Staring at a blank screen would have been more entertaining. This movie is in my top 10 worst movies of all time. No doubt.

1/10 :)

Please no... No... you can't be serious, can you? The movie is obviously supposed to be stupid, but it's so far over the top that I'd rather snuggle in a corner alone and watch The Hannah Montana Movie all day long than watch this crap again. I can't begin to describe how stupid this movie was. I probably would have loved it if I was 13 because of all the boobs and killing, but seriously... this movie sucked a big one!

I wanted it to end after five minutes. Staring at a blank screen would have been more entertaining. This movie is in my top 10 worst movies of all time. No doubt.

1/10 :)

LOL.

Yes I am serious.Did you see the first Crank movie?If so what did you think of it?

The reviews on yahoo movies seem to be polarized just like ours.Many people loved it,just as many hated it.

LOL.

Yes I am serious.Did you see the first Crank movie?If so what did you think of it?

The reviews on yahoo movies seem to be polarized just like ours.Many people loved it,just as many hated it.

Nope... I heard it was equally ridiculous, yet better than this crap. ;)

I just went to Rotten Tomatoes to see what they gave it... It got an average rating of 5.7. That's pretty generous if you ask me!

So Cruds, I get banned from the forums for liking Taken more than Deliverance? But it's okay that Childress gave Crank: High Voltage a 9/10? :irked: That probably means he would rather watch Crank than Deliverance or Taken! Ain't right. It just ain't right. :grrhee:

I did see Taken though. I'll give it an extra point for not having Liam N's character do idiotic wire-fu wall kicks (the scenes of him running were classic) but it wasn't much different than any two random hours of 24.

Nowhere even remotely near a 9 out of 10..

It was a little over the top. They're were only two or three scenese that were the least bit entertaining. That's just me. Like I said, it was just overhyped for me. I didn't think it was all that bad... just not my kind of movie.

What would have made it better for you? Some kung fu or maybe a dinosaur?

You have to remember that Deliverance is 37 years old.

When it came out it was a chilling film and the hand coming out of the lake at the end scared the crap out of a generation.No special effects just fine acting and suspenseful directing.

Taken stands out as a gem because it's not flashy in any way.Neeson's character is an anti hero and is believable.

Deliverance however is an all time classic.

More action on the river would have made it better. There were only a couple of intense scenes. Burt Reynolds was the life of the movie. That's about all I have to say.

Really? I mean really?? More action would have simply been gratuitous and would have not served the story at all. Not that kind of movie - thank god..

Nope... I heard it was equally ridiculous, yet better than this crap. ;)

I just went to Rotten Tomatoes to see what they gave it... It got an average rating of 5.7. That's pretty generous if you ask me!

So Cruds, I get banned from the forums for liking Taken more than Deliverance? But it's okay that Childress gave Crank: High Voltage a 9/10? :irked: That probably means he would rather watch Crank than Deliverance or Taken! Ain't right. It just ain't right. :grrhee:

Rotten Tomatoes gives everything half way entertaining bad scores. Yet, if it's a pretentious bore-fest they love the heck out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back