Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gran Torino is amazing... saw it three times in the theater. I'll definitely be buying it whenever it comes out on DVD.

I liked it more than The Dark Knight... TDK is overrated if you ask me.

Last House on The left (2009)

Zero shock factor that the original had in it's time but the original was painful to watch IMO.

I found it coldly satisfying.

7/10

Gran Torino is amazing... saw it three times in the theater. I'll definitely be buying it whenever it comes out on DVD.

I liked it more than The Dark Knight... TDK is overrated if you ask me.

I think the dark knight is overrated (still good), but better than Gran Torino.

Gran Torino was good. But maybe more overrated than TDK, in my opinion. I liked it, but definitely nothing I'd watch twice.
But then again, I'm not a Clint Eastwood fan. At least his directing is better than his acting though.

Last House on The left (2009)

Zero shock factor that the original had in it's time but the original was painful to watch IMO.

I found it coldly satisfying.

7/10

I'd agree on that. Garret Dillahunt is always good though and it was novel to choose the squeaky little girl from Superbad to so brutally murder.

I think the dark knight is overrated (still good), but better than Gran Torino.

Gran Torino was good. But maybe more overrated than TDK, in my opinion. I liked it, but definitely nothing I'd watch twice.
But then again, I'm not a Clint Eastwood fan. At least his directing is better than his acting though.

I find it funny that many Dark Knight fans haven't seen Batman Begins... it was a great movie, but The Dark Knight has overshadowed it to the point that most of the fanboys don't even realize it exists. The only reason many folks were set on TDK was the fact that Heath Ledger was in it. If he hadn't died, not as many people would have seen the movie. That might sound cold or whatever, but it's reality. Plain and simple. It wouldn't have received as much hype or as much love if it was just another Ledger performance. They saw The Dark Knight because it was the talk of the town, noot because they wanted to.

I don't like talking about The Dark Knight much because it's the norm... same reason why I don't listen to much mainstream music. It annoys the hell out of me when people praise The Dark Knight and claim it's the best movie of all time. People who say that obviously aren't big movie fans.

In reality, Gran Torino isn't the movie that The Dark Knight is. It doesn't have the nonstop pulsepounding drama or action, but it's the ending that was so perfect. Movies with great endings just seem to win me over.

I hope people don't assume that I'm some Dark Knight hater. I really like The Dark Knight. It's intense, Heath Ledger's performance was impeccable, and it's definitely a crowd pleaser. I just wish people would quit praising the movie to the utmost point. I guarantee you if I go to the mall and ask a bunch of kids what their favorite movie is, 9/10 of them will say The Dark Knight... annoys the hell out of me.

Christopher Nolan is a great director. Anything he does is worthy of a watch.

This is just me saying The Dark Knight is overrated just as you have said the same thing about LeBron.

Comparing Dark Knight to Gran Torino is ridiculous to start. It's like comparing Disneyland to a keg party. Some folks have a better time at the kegger, others need all the extras...

Comparing Dark Knight to Gran Torino is ridiculous to start. It's like comparing Disneyland to a keg party. Some folks have a better time at the kegger, others need all the extras...

I didn't compare them. I said I prefer Gran Torino because it doesn't receive ridiculous 15 year old hype.

It's like saying I enjoy 24 more than The Office (which is true :yes:)... completely different shows, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy one more than the other.

9/10 teenagers would say that the dark knight is the best movie ever? I can't even believe that, maybe 15-18 year old boys only.

Another fabulous reason not to listen to the opinion of anyone without a high school degree.

9/10 teenagers would say that the dark knight is the best movie ever? I can't even believe that, maybe 15-18 year old boys only.

Another fabulous reason not to listen to the opinion of anyone without a high school degree.

Actually, I believe the MTV Movie Awards might be a better measuring stick as to what teenagers believe - male and female. They chose Twilight as being better than TDK... yeah... ok, so apparently mostly teenage females watch MTV... which tells me that the future of female society is DOOMED.

UP!

Pixar does it again. Took my girls to see it this past Saturday. This Pixar movie is on par with Finding Nemo and the Incredibles. Very funny and surprisingly touching. I'd recommend it to anyone.

10/10

QUOTE=RavensShallBurn;493126]I don't like watching grown men getting raped while screaming like pigs.[/QUOTE]

If you did not like Deliverance, maybe you will like what Foxworthy said about the Olympic kayaking held near the Deliverance film site near Chattanooga on the same river.

( Paraphrase due to bad memory and heard it early 90's.)

" I am not sure that's a great place for the Kayak event. If Ned Beatty cant make it down the river without incident, I know two French men in bicycle shorts has not got a chance" below is a low res pic of the banjo boy, Billy Redden, all grown up.

http://http://www.theclaytontribune.com/content/articles/2004/10/07/news/news02.jpg

Up was a good movie. Not as funny as most Pixar movies (most the funny parts were in the previews, much like Monsters vs Aliens), but the story was a bit more grown-up than most Pixar movies as well.

My kids liked it, but not as much as other flicks of the same. I liked it more. It's just a bit more grown up. Kids won't really get the main message, so it might come off a bit boring to them.

Very enjoyable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back