Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hangover - 9/10

I just got back from the midnight showing... haven't laughed this hard in a movie in a long, long time.

Maybe it's just because of my age, but, seriously, this may well be the funniest movie I've ever seen. I was afraid it might be a bit overhyped, but that wasn't the case. I'll be seeing this one many more times to come.

It was definitely the most outrageous comedy I've ever seen... and that's definitely a good thing.

The stocky, bearded guy (Zach Galifianakis) was freaking hilarious.

. They chose Twilight as being better than TDK... yeah... ok, so apparently mostly teenage females watch MTV...

WTF is this obsession with vampires about?? Book sales to Ray-Ban ads to MySpace profiles... every weirdo wants to pretend he/she's a vampire now...I've even met young people who are so engrossed in it that they really think they are, and announce themselves as such. Is this the new Trekkie? Are 60's parents now gonna have their grandkids living in the basement too?

And hey, let's get one thing straight: vampires CANNOT move about in daytime...cloudy or not.

Someone should just burn down all the Hot Topic stores and end this teenage-vampire facade once and for all.

Destroy the source of the vampire-wannabes... destroy Hot Topic!

Bunch of tomato juice drinkin' wannabes. Sad. Very sad...

See South Park: Ungroundable

I watched the new Friday the 13th today, it was ok. didnt do anything new and exciting.

Is the Hangover better than Old School and 40 year old virgin?

The Hangover - Funny if you've actually had a night like the characters in the film had. Basically Momento after the craziest night of your life, and a few laughs (most of funniest parts are in the trailer).

7/10

The Hangover - Funny if you've actually had a night like the characters in the film had. Basically Momento after the craziest night of your life, and a few laughs (most of funniest parts are in the trailer).

7/10

I actually thought most of the funniest parts weren't in the trailer.

No one's had a night like that. :ha: If anyone has, they deserve a trophy.

Is the Hangover better than Old School and 40 year old virgin?

Yes.

By a long shot. Those movies get overhyped way too much and aren't really that funny in the first place. I watched Old School a few nights ago and laughed twice. I loved that movie when I was 15 so much. It's just worn off on me, I guess... same with 40 Year Old Virgin.

Apatow is the new king of comedy. I don't see that frat-pack humor coming back in any way. Although Apatow's crew has sort of worn out their welcome as far as i'm concerned, he's still sort of running the show.

I actually thought most of the funniest parts weren't in the trailer.

No one's had a night like that. :ha: If anyone has, they deserve a trophy.

Well, I've personally had somewhat similar nights, where you wake up and someone has been to the ER, caught an assault charge, and someone in the crew is straight up missing. :ha:

While I doubt anyone EVER has had a night as insane as the people in the movie, I think most of us have had nights where a bunch of debauchery has gone down, and we've forgotten 95% of it. :ha: This movie is for that group IMO.

Just read about a Ridley Scott Alien prequel being in the works. Thank god no more Predator (which of course is being remade) involvement.

Me and the wife saw hang over last night and laughed through the whole thing. It was a great comedy and I hate comedys for the most part. We loved it.

Well, I've personally had somewhat similar nights, where you wake up and someone has been to the ER, caught an assault charge, and someone in the crew is straight up missing. :ha:

While I doubt anyone EVER has had a night as insane as the people in the movie, I think most of us have had nights where a bunch of debauchery has gone down, and we've forgotten 95% of it. :ha: This movie is for that group IMO.

You sir, deserve a trophy. :yes: :thumb:

I've had a few crazy nights. I don't drink much, but not remembering a night is typical. It's just the rest of the stuff that is so crazy!

I've never had anything too crazy happen. Recently I drunk txted/dialed almost every single contact in my phone (about 100 people). I don't know exactly what I said, but it wasn't good... When I woke up, my phone was filled with missed calls, txts, and voicemails. A few people saved some txts I sent... they were almost completely incomprehensible and random. A few people thought I was going to die based on something I said.

Fun stuff, but it'll never get to be as outrageous as in The Hangover.

I haven't seen The Hangover yet but all this talk of "insane" nights reminds me of After Hours - another one I'd add to my list.. Why they never put Griffin Dunne in more flicks I'll never know..

hangover is an amazing movie. 10/10. it is none stop funny. when that dude jumped out of the car i was rollin on the floor...so many highlights..

I saw The Wrestler last night, and really liked it.

I seldom go to the movies anymore, but watch a lot of movies once they're on DVD. I had to go back about 15 pages in this thread to see where anyone was talking about The Wrestler...lol.

Too bad there's not 2 threads, one about movies that are in the Cinema's, and one about movies on DVD's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back