Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone in the NFL who gets caught violating the NFL gambling policy should be banned for life from here on out for stupidity as they know they will be caught. The guinea pigs have done the rest of the NFL players a favor and now they better know the NFL is not playing around about this.

However, we all know more players will go down eventually. All that money they make and they still want to make $5,000 bets. Doesn't make any sense. Take a gamble on yourself to get a bigger contract.
Except they’re really not. Players can gamble still on non NFL related bets, just not at the stadium.
And I see zero reason to restrict this. If a player wants to gamble on the Nuggets beating the Heat, who cares? I really don’t understand why the location matters.

Except they’re really not. Players can gamble still on non NFL related bets, just not at the stadium.
And I see zero reason to restrict this. If a player wants to gamble on the Nuggets beating the Heat, who cares? I really don’t understand why the location matters.
While I agree... there are many work place rules that we think are dumb but we still have to follow. That's just life. It's an easy one to follow. Just keep your betting apps closed while you're at work. Gamble on non-NFL games all you want when you're not at work.

From what I've read the big suspensions are going to players that are betting on NFL football and in some cases even on their own team or teammates. Those are the ones they're really after but everyone else will get caught in the process.

While I agree... there are many work place rules that we think are dumb but we still have to follow. That's just life. It's an easy one to follow. Just keep your betting apps closed while you're at work. Gamble on non-NFL games all you want when you're not at work.

From what I've read the big suspensions are going to players that are betting on NFL football and in some cases even on their own team or teammates. Those are the ones they're really after but everyone else will get caught in the process.
Agreed, regardless of how dumb we think something is at work, we still signed on to go with it.

The NFL promotes gambling. Gambling is one of there biggest sponsors, and yet this wow!
If it's a league or team rule..don't do it...we all have to follow rules at work whether we agree with them or not

The NFL or situation is the same with Kaepernick, he's being blackballed for his views but the league has that very same message all over the fields and helmets

I’m only arguing how arbitrary the rule even is.
From what I briefly heard, although don’t know if confirmed, many players were unaware of the rule.

of course everything I’m saying changes the moment we’re talking about bets on NFL. Not only should that be against the rules (probably even from a real legal standpoint) the location is consistent to everywhere.

If it's a league or team rule..don't do it...we all have to follow rules at work whether we agree with them or not

The NFL or situation is the same with Kaepernick, he's being blackballed for his views but the league has that very same message all over the fields and helmets
It’s not the same as CK in the sense that CK was never blackballed. Regardless what he thinks and some fans think, talent and cost were what kept him from playing, not any type of blackball.

so I guess really, there is no similarities at all. We’re talking about rules and the hypocrisy of some NFL rules. CK is just another FA guy that cost too much for not enough value. Happens 100’s of times a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m only arguing how arbitrary the rule even is.
From what I briefly heard, although don’t know if confirmed, many players were unaware of the rule.

of course everything I’m saying changes the moment we’re talking about bets on NFL. Not only should that be against the rules (probably even from a real legal standpoint) the location is consistent to everywhere.

Of course they were "unaware" after getting caught.

Ridley was suspended for the entire year last year for betting on NFL games. Some of these suspensions date back to last season when that was THE hot topic. The NFL has sent memos to every team this year and it's been reported that many coaches/staff have addressed gambling during camp.

Being ignorant of the rules doesn't excuse you from following them anyway.

I think it's all dumb (outside of betting on NFL games etc). But it is what it is and players have to follow the rules just like everyone has to follow rules at work.

It’s not the same as CK in the sense that CO was never blackballed. Regardless what he thinks and some fans think, talent and cost were what kept him from playing, not any type of blackball.

so I guess really, they’re is no similarities at all. We’re talking about rules and the hypocrisy of some NFL rules. CK is just another FA guy that cost too much for not enough value. Happens 100’s of times a year.
There are worse QBs on a roster than Kaepernick right now so I disagree with you there

The point was the NFL are hypocrites

Of course they were "unaware" after getting caught.

Ridley was suspended for the entire year last year for betting on NFL games. Some of these suspensions date back to last season when that was THE hot topic. The NFL has sent memos to every team this year and it's been reported that many coaches/staff have addressed gambling during camp.

Being ignorant of the rules doesn't excuse you from following them anyway.

I think it's all dumb (outside of betting on NFL games etc). But it is what it is and players have to follow the rules just like everyone has to follow rules at work.
I agree with your point that ignorance is not excuse.

I believe you’re bringing up a case with Ridley that is not the same.
Ridley bet on NFL. Do we know where he placed the bets or does that not matter because it was bets on the NFL, something he can directly affect?
I’d say the latter.

these guys getting suspended. If it’s on NFL bets, then Ive no sympathy. If they are not, which has been presumed from reports, then they are not the same situation and from what players are saying (caught or not whatever) some were not aware that you cannot place ANY bets within the stadium grounds.

while the rule exists, it also makes zero logical sense. It also makes zero logical sense for the betting sites to have turned over their customers to the NFL unless they was a financial incentive GREATER than the financial gain of having these large paycheck customers.

There are worse QBs on a roster than Kaepernick right now so I disagree with you there

The point was the NFL are hypocrites
How much do they cost? How much would CK cost?
Is his value that dollar amount better?

Another piece to consider, would his on field antics have a negative financial affect on the team? What about a negative to team play, I.e. players/coaches that disagree with him or hate the additional media attention?

not a chance he was blackballed.

I agree with your point that ignorance is not excuse.

I believe you’re bringing up a case with Ridley that is not the same.
Ridley bet on NFL. Do we know where he placed the bets or does that not matter because it was bets on the NFL, something he can directly affect?
I’d say the latter.

these guys getting suspended. If it’s on NFL bets, then Ive no sympathy. If they are not, which has been presumed from reports, then they are not the same situation and from what players are saying (caught or not whatever) some were not aware that you cannot place ANY bets within the stadium grounds.

while the rule exists, it also makes zero logical sense. It also makes zero logical sense for the betting sites to have turned over their customers to the NFL unless they was a financial incentive GREATER than the financial gain of having these large paycheck customers.

Some of the Colts players that got caught and cut were betting on their teammates/Colts.

If the rules aren't entirely clear to them, maybe they should look it up before placing bets. The whole rulebook is out there for the public to see. I found a league post from 2018 with a quick Google search of "NFL rulebook gambling". Took 10 seconds to find the gambling policies in their entirety.

I can find out any rule/policy in the NFL easier than I can find the rules/policies for my workplace.

It's odd that companies would snitch on their customers...but the NFL has a relationship with a lot of these companies..it's good for business to keep the NFL on their side.

Pretty simple, don't gamble at work.

I'm sure the players are well educated on this especially after the Calvin Ridley suspension

I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans sign Fant and he performs so well he hangs onto the starting position. Duncan isn't even remotely close to being able to start, Brunskill is an interior guy and does this Jamarco Jones guy even exist? A lot of Titans fans glowed over NPF, but he was absolutely horrid and was slightly better than Daley. I know he was a rookie who was supposed to be a developmental prospect, but dreadful is the only way to describe his performance he was one of the worst graded tackles several slots below the absolute worst (Daley).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back