Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Dillweed was back at practice today. I gotta call ACME and get an anvil and piano air dropped tomorrow. Anyone got Wile E’s number?

I'm sure it's been asked before, but why has Mike Munchak not been giving a call?

I remember the days where he could make sixth round picks and UDFAs into serviceable starters.
Surely hed be able to get something more out of this current crop of trash cans.

I'm sure it's been asked before, but why has Mike Munchak not been giving a call?

I remember the days where he could make sixth round picks and UDFAs into serviceable starters.
Surely hed be able to get something more out of this current crop of trash cans.

You think he'd want to come back after the manner his tenure ended as Head Coach? He was given the ultimatum to fire his staff or get out of dodge. He was shown the door with a boot to the ass when he refused.

You guys laugh now but during draft time the difference between the best LT and 4th best is huge especially with so many teams needing a LT.

2022 OT picks and current PFF grades

#4 Evan Neal PFF 39.9
#6 Ikem Ekonu PFF 63.3
#9 Charles Cross PFF 68.3
#57 Luke Goedeke PFF 74.4
#77 Bernard Raiman PFF 82.8
#140 Zach Tom PFF 78.8

Evan Neal was the first tackle drafted in 2022 and is the lowest graded of ALL tackles drafted that year. He's a total bust. Solid OT can be found in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th with the right GM picking.
Four of the top 25 graded tackles in the league were drafted in the 7th round.

You guys laugh now but during draft time the difference between the best LT and 4th best is huge especially with so many teams needing a LT.
Can you post which years these statement became fact?

nevermind that where the titans are going to end up, it’s like the #1 T (possible still at #6) and the #2 tackle. I have serious doubts the 4 T are picked top 5.

2022 OT picks and current PFF grades

#4 Evan Neal PFF 39.9
#6 Ikem Ekonu PFF 63.3
#9 Charles Cross PFF 68.3
#57 Luke Goedeke PFF 74.4
#77 Bernard Raiman PFF 82.8
#140 Zach Tom PFF 78.8

Evan Neal was the first tackle drafted in 2022 and is the lowest graded of ALL tackles drafted that year. He's a total bust. Solid OT can be found in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th with the right GM picking.
Four of the top 25 graded tackles in the league were drafted in the 7th round.

O-Line Coach can make or break a Rookie O-Linemen in the NFL.

Great breakdown.

Id argue that the fisher complaints were rarely about ability to develop players or select asst coaches but the gutless way he wouldn’t go for the wins but go for the attempt of not losing.

another solid breakdown of what can be considered regression for some of the recent picks. Philips playing makes him better than last year by default.

For a long time people have argued that teams can get productive OL in later rounds because of what a Fisher could do.
contrary, we’ve seen some generational talents selected in the first round (not in TN but elsewhere). Joe Thomas, Orlando Pace, Tony Bosselli, Eric fisher, etc.

I hope to see OL taken next year if it’s not addressed via FA. Right now I see need for LT, C, and RT. The current roster pretty much has Skoronski and a bunch of depth guys or worse. maybe with another talented guy or 2, even the weaker guys improve. Maybe if that’s true, titans don’t need 3-4 OL but only the 2 listed.
If they can keep the two new guys uninjured it should help. It’s hard to do good with key players out

You think he'd want to come back after the manner his tenure ended as Head Coach? He was given the ultimatum to fire his staff or get out of dodge. He was shown the door with a boot to the ass when he refused.
His pride might prevent him coming back, but he was given a choice.
Among the coaches Munchak was told had to be replaced were offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains, defensive coordinator Jerry Gray, offensive line coach Bruce Matthews and linebackers coach Chet Parlavecchio.
I understand loyalty but wonder if his fallen friends told him to just keep playing and not quit because of them
I think his terrible record was the clincher.

Latest posts

Back