Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Belichick has been the HC/GM the entire time. So he was bad before?

How can I tell ? Vrabel has never had a great roster top to bottom and got them to an AFC Championship, with an average QB. Henry played a huge part but when Tannehill dropped off and years of blown drafts and bad trades decimated the roster.

Vrabel is a good HC. Give him talent he can win. Same with Belichick. But it starts with a good QB. The OLine is a huge ingredient.

This team became to dependent on Derrick Henry. It’s time to move on.
I don’t like conflating THill’s career as an average QB with what was clearly an above avg year that got TN to the AFCCG.

Our coaches can't coach players so the only way yo get a top LT is getting high up in the draft.

Every single team in top 10 right needs a LT.
Giants -even worst then us.

Pats-badly needs a LT aswell

Cards -if they stay with Murray LT is their number 1 priority

Bears- have two picks and need everything including a LT.

Jets -no need to explain.

So let's say there is an early run on offense lineman and we have the 11 pick we would end up with another project that is 3 years away to be ready.

Because of how horrible that position is for us we can't even draft any other position.

Belichick has been the HC/GM the entire time. So he was bad before?

How can I tell ? Vrabel has never had a great roster top to bottom and got them to an AFC Championship, with an average QB. Henry played a huge part but when Tannehill dropped off and years of blown drafts and bad trades decimated the roster.

Vrabel is a good HC. Give him talent he can win. Same with Belichick. But it starts with a good QB. The OLine is a huge ingredient.

This team became to dependent on Derrick Henry. It’s time to move on.
There was nothing average about Tammy’s play the year off AFCC game… stop cherry picking. The O was the best in the game basically…

I have to wonder what coach couldn't be good with a talented roster? Tannehill is an average QB that had some above average seasons...Henry is the engine of this team but poor drafts, poor FA signings and lack of real coordinators has us where we are now.

There was nothing average about Tammy’s play the year off AFCC game… stop cherry picking. The O was the best in the game basically…

11th in yards per game
10th in points per game

Tannehill 28th in passing yards. To be fair he only played in 12 games. He averaged 228 per so over 16 games he would have had 3650 yards. That would not have even been in top 15. He had a good year. Best as a Titan.

Henry rushed for 1600.

The Titans O was NOT the best O in the NFL. Basically or otherwise.

11th in yards per game
10th in points per game

Tannehill 28th in passing yards. To be fair he only played in 12 games. He averaged 228 per so over 16 games he would have had 3650 yards. That would not have even been in top 15. He had a good year. Best as a Titan.

Henry rushed for 1600.

He also was #1 in Y/C and Rating.
He was #3 in comp%.
It’s not just about yards. THill was among the absolute best despite 10 games of play.
He was well above avg for the second half of 2019 and 2020 just smashing that idea that hes and avg QB so you can apply it to every season he played.

He also was #1 in Y/C and Rating.
He was #3 in comp%.
It’s not just about yards. THill was among the absolute best despite 10 games of play.
He was well above avg for the second half of 2019 and 2020 just smashing that idea that hes and avg QB so you can apply it to every season he played.

Now who is cherry picking? What you are doing is the definition of cherry picking.
For his career Ryan Tannehill is the poster child for average. You are pulling out a 1 season stretch where he was pretty good. He still wasn’t even remotely elite.

I like Ryan but he is not and never has been an elite QB.

Now who is cherry picking? What you are doing is the definition of cherry picking.
For his career Ryan Tannehill is the poster child for average. You are pulling out a 1 season stretch where he was pretty good. He still wasn’t even remotely elite.

I like Ryan but he is not and never has been an elite QB.
You are using that one season to help defend Vrabel.
And yes, whatever the hell “elite” is, THill was among that for 2019 and 2020.

not arguing that he isn’t avg for his entire career.
I even made a point of that in my previous post.
Just because he’s a career avg guy doesn’t mean he didn’t put together 2 great seasons.

You are using that one season to help defend Vrabel.
And yes, whatever the hell “elite” is, THill was among that for 2019 and 2020.

not arguing that he isn’t avg for his entire career.
I even made a point of that in my previous post.
Just because he’s a career avg guy doesn’t mean he didn’t put together 2 great seasons.

I’m not using that one season to defend Vrabel. I’m using his career numbers to defend him. He has been a good HC over his career to date.

11th in yards per game
10th in points per game

Henry rushed for 1600.

Was thinking year after- but you could add the shortened year too where we did get to the big show to go vs exploding with top seed(he was great). Tammy completed 70% of his passes and 22/6 td vs int. Year after better scoring 33/7 over 30 per and were top 3 in yds and pts. They were great O when Tammy took over. Tammy was indeed great too during that span.

I’m not using that one season to defend Vrabel. I’m using his career numbers to defend him. He has been a good HC over his career to date.
You forgot to add "when he has talent on the roster and a QB"
like I've said before...what coach can't be good with a QB and a talented roster?

3-14 since the firing of the problem JRob

You forgot to add "when he has talent on the roster and a QB"
like I've said before...what coach can't be good with a QB and a talented roster?

3-14 since the firing of the problem JRob
You pull a bad QB that was good- why not a bad coach that was good? Vrabel was good and now he ain’t.

Let's hope the coaching staff sticks with Duncan at LT for the rest of the season. He actually looked pretty solid for his first start at LT.

Latest posts

Back