Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Not really to do with game play but re-watching highlights, the announcer guy went way over board with every pass saying “snapped it off”.
Snapped it off
Easy snap off
Quick snap off.

to be clear, we’re not talking about the C giving the ball to QB quickly which would also be weird.

You think he'd want to come back after the manner his tenure ended as Head Coach? He was given the ultimatum to fire his staff or get out of dodge. He was shown the door with a boot to the ass when he refused.

I hated promoting him to HC b/c I knew it would inevitably lead to the end of his 30+ year tenure with the Oilers/Titans. Still hate that hire, even given the circumstances of Fisher's LATE dismissal.

His pride might prevent him coming back, but he was given a choice.
Among the coaches Munchak was told had to be replaced were offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains, defensive coordinator Jerry Gray, offensive line coach Bruce Matthews and linebackers coach Chet Parlavecchio.
I understand loyalty but wonder if his fallen friends told him to just keep playing and not quit because of them
I think his terrible record was the clincher.

Love Bruce, he was an all-timer Oiler/Titan, but his coaching skills were highly suspect, at best. And Low-gains was just awful. But I have no recollection about Jerry Gray as DC.

No I don’t. You are finding a flaw that isn’t there. Of course a bad coach can hurt you. Vrabel isn’t a bad coach. He has already proven that. No one outside of a few of y’all think that because he can’t coach up a collection of trash into the SB.

By the way …. How is the GOAT HC doing in FOXBORO ? Did Bill forget how to coach? Has he lost the locker room ? 27-33 since Brady left. 2-8 this year. No QB. Bill is the GM also. Was it Tom or Bill or a combo ?

We have a good HC. We just need talent. The rest will fix itself.

Was Rex Ryan a good HC? Given the now totality of his head-coaching career, will you say that Rex Ryan was or was not a 'good' HC?

Best O Line Coaches ever? Pretty strong statement. Care to provide proof? I’m not doubting it but are you saying he is thought of that way currently? Or in his prime? Like when he was with a team with crazy good OLine talent? Like the Titans for 13 years. Or the Steelers ? Great OLine talent. Munchak looks like a genius. Bad… he gets fired.

So why did Denver fire him? Bad OLine talent. It’s just that simple. It’s all about personnel.

No you aren’t an expert.

Ex-Steelers Assistant Mike Munchak Addresses NFL Coaching Future

That’s a statement that ought to get the attention of NFL teams, considering Munchak’s longstanding reputation as one of the best offensive line coaches in the league.

This btw took approximately 0.45 seconds to find.

Per PFF, Duncan gave up just 3 pressures and 0 sacks. Talk about an upgrade compared to Dillard. And at a cool $750k on the year!
I read something about him getting help.

I personally don’t care, that’s what the highly respected HC should have been doing anyway, but if true, it does make me think Duncan still has some work.

I read something about him getting help.

I personally don’t care, that’s what the highly respected HC should have been doing anyway, but if true, it does make me think Duncan still has some work.
They have been giving all of our LTs help and it hasnt "helped". So he has a leg up on the other guys already.

Walterfootball had Duncan as the #6 Offensive Tackle prospect prior to the draft, only behind the 5 guys that ended up going in the 1st round (they had Peter at #1).

View attachment 21284

I don't know if it's funny, sad, or both, but we've tried about 6 different players at LT this year except for the All American LT that we drafted at 11th overall.

If that isn't an indictment on the coaching staff, I don't know what is.

I don't know if it's funny, sad, or both, but we've tried about 6 different players at LT this year except for the All American LT that we drafted at 11th overall.

If that isn't an indictment on the coaching staff, I don't know what is.
Apparently Anyone BUT Skoronski can play LT
They really hate short arms

So we really, truly did spend a #11 pick on a guy they KNEW could not play tackle in the NFL. ???
And a 22 on a guy with a broken back and a 18 on a wheezy WR that doesn’t play and a 29 on another T that couldn’t play T but in a totally different way.
Getting a solid G and arguably the best OL of the draft was in no way a bad pick.

Latest posts

Back