Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

The Titans had a nepotism rule in place at one time. I wonder how that impacts hiring Callahan Sr.?

I’m guessing that was discussed in his meetings and already worked out.

He may have been told Munchak is coming back. But as has already been said maybe they both are. Maybe Munchak or his dad are coming to be a Senior Offensive Assistant and the other actual coach.

Probable starting 2024 line:

RT - NPF/Radunz/Duncan
RG - Brunskill
C - Free Agent/Draft
LG - Skronski
LT - Alt/Fashanu

Back ups:
Duncan
Radunz
Levin?

Not overly inspiring and overall inexperienced but just showing this line issue is not a 1 year fix. We will likely still need a RG and RT in 2025 and possibly C depending on who we draft/sign. Robinsons's swings and misses on the OL in the draft since 2020 are haunting us and will do so for a least another season or 2.

Best case scenario to fix the line issues this year would be to go for broke and hit on two line spots with our first 2 picks in the draft and sign a reliable RT/C in free agency. I just don't see it playing out that way....

Probable starting 2024 line:

RT - NPF/Radunz/Duncan
RG - Brunskill
C - Free Agent/Draft
LG - Skronski
LT - Alt/Fashanu

Back ups:
Duncan
Radunz
Levin?

Not overly inspiring and overall inexperienced but just showing this line issue is not a 1 year fix. We will likely still need a RG and RT in 2025 and possibly C depending on who we draft/sign. Robinsons's swings and misses on the OL in the draft since 2020 are haunting us and will do so for a least another season or 2.

Best case scenario to fix the line issues this year would be to go for broke and hit on two line spots with our first 2 picks in the draft and sign a reliable RT/C in free agency. I just don't see it playing out that way....
Facking mess…..

It still doesn't seem real. We don't even know what positions these guys can or can't play. Most of them are former tackles that can't play tackle. I still don't understand how an entire department/organization got it sooooo wrong time after time, year after year like that. A drunk 6 year old throwing darts at the draft board could have done better. There has to be more to it than that.

It still doesn't seem real. We don't even know what positions these guys can or can't play. Most of them are former tackles that can't play tackle. I still don't understand how an entire department/organization got it sooooo wrong time after time, year after year like that. A drunk 6 year old throwing darts at the draft board could have done better. There has to be more to it than that.
You are not wrong!

I would take Bowers in that spot. It’s going to take a couple of years to rebuild. Bowers could be awesome. All the great ones had great TEs. Even McNair had Wychek, who wasn’t great. What is Mahomes without Kelce? .
I wonder if Bowers would go that high if we didnt pick him. If we could trade down to like 10 and pick up a 3rd rounder then take him at 10 would be nice.

I wonder if Bowers would go that high if we didnt pick him. If we could trade down to like 10 and pick up a 3rd rounder then take him at 10 would be nice.
If they want Bowers, they’ll take him at 7. No reason not to. If there are a handful of guys they like, they’ll trade down.

I like bowers but unless you can tell me that he will be as productive as KC TE1 and SF TE 1, I’m not taking a TE at 7
I would trade down and gain picks
But I’m not Collaborating with RC & BC

I would take Bowers in that spot. It’s going to take a couple of years to rebuild. Bowers could be awesome. All the great ones had great TEs. Even McNair had Wychek, who wasn’t great. What is Mahomes without Kelce? .

Maybe all the great ones had great TEs, but when were those TEs drafted..... Kelce 63, Kittle 146, Andrews 86, Schultz 137....from last draft Kincaid was late 1st and LaPorta early 2nd.... so a ton of great TEs actually are found later in the draft...only 6 TEs this century have been drafted top 10

But the main reason that you don't take a TE that high has to do with the salary cap... you need to spend that pick on a premium expensive position....getting that 5th yr option at an expensive position is key.... franchise tag for OL and WR this yr 22mil... tag for TEs 12mil.... draft your OT or WR early...

TEs also hit the FA market, while stud LTs and #1 WRs do not.

I think Bowers will be a very good player, but not at the 7th draft spot

What’s Favre without Chumura, and Chumura’s babysitter with Mark.
What’s Marino without TE Miami (Keith Jackson for a short time)
Jim Kelly without Pete metzalaars
John Elway without the TE before Sharpe
Warner without TE LAR, NYG, ARZ
Moon without ???? Slaughter was sometimes listed as TE?
Rypien and Thiesmann without ???
Brady without Gronk and/or Hernandez (just 3x SB champ)
Wilson without TE Sea

Despite some examples, agree. “Necessary” to have great TE.

Latest posts

Back