Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody wants to catch or spread this thing! I do wonder how many of our players are Asymptomatic and how many of them could be cleared by the weekend? Bet you Cam Newton gets cleared! Just watch and I bet we have 0 cleared.

yep. But rest of the world really because viruses are viruses and do what viruses do. They run through a population until immunity is developed. Masks, social distancing, etc only MITIGATE the spread and buy time. With all the measures in place, with time the virus will hit everybody. It's unavoidable. What we've done with these measures is attempt to buy time for a subset population at risk for death in hopes we can get an effective vaccine developed and distributed.

Nobody wants to hear this, but this really is the tail wagging the dog. Traditionally in the US, our approach has been that populations at high risk are responsible to protect themselves. If you're at high risk, you stay home. You and your loved ones wear masks to prevent spread to you. You ask others to wear masks around and if they don't then you avoid them. Our government has even protected the financial livelihoods of those populations with the family and medical leave acts, mandating that persons receive monies and their jobs are protected until they return.

Covid presented a challenge initially because it was a novel mutation of an old virus that had a long latent period and we now know can have sustained micro-aerosolized spread. Very high infectivity ("r factor") in closed populations. That's why NYC/Seattle were hit REALLY hard at first. And all the deaths we saw there were not because this was a brutal "kill all" persons virus, but rather there are very large absolute numbers of "high risk" persons in very large populations. That's why all the bodies were piling up (though dramatized".

Anyway back to your question, because it appears you at least are interested in the reality of this virus. Historically, the world has faced respiratory viruses that have hit populations and killed many. The flu is one of the most recent. I could list about 10 that folks would recognize, but the story is the same. Virus spread can not be stopped. Only mitigated until we can establish immunity via vaccines or herd immunity. And that's what all this hysteria is about. Unfortunately, in the US you have unscrupulous politicians and liberal leaning media agencies that have hijacked the science to promote their political agendas of unrest/dissatisfaction with the current administration. The economy has been undermined. (And IMO, not by accident).

So yes, I do think we are going to see Covid 19 discussion, restrictions, infectivity reporting etc all improve post election. In the US due to the politics and worldwide because of the natural course of viruses. I'm so damn sick of the issue. I've seen hard working entrepeneurs get bankrupted over restrictions and lower socioeconomic citizens with little capital reserve who rely upon assistance become desperate simply to attain daily bread. This was all an avoidable situation. Makes me really sad, all politics aside.
Absolutely the truth. Deaths and hospitalizations continue to decline despite some states and counties matching deaths to positive cases 30-60 days after a + case(see: Maricopa county Arizona, and Oregon)

Who is to blame for the pats and chiefs cases? Can't be us too. **** happens. The league makes **** up retroactively, I just roll my eyes at any punishment we receive. They acted like we were still playing the Steelers and then the players get blasted for practicing. It's nonsense.
I don't really care about the 2 or 3 cases other teams have, covid is bound to happen, but 22 in the Titans org needs some kind of explanation, no?
If it's a normal covid thing why hasn't other teams had an outbreak? We played Minnesota, they have 0 cases...seems odd doesnt it?

They acted like we were still playing the Steelers and then the players get blasted for practicing. It's nonsense.
This is dead on. The NFL kept acting like the game was going to be on all week up until Friday. And those players are really supposed to somehow be ready to play with absolutely zero walkthroughs or workouts? Give me a break.

The NFL is just terrified that another team will have a similar situation and their house of cards will come tumbling down because they did a terrible job planning, and had barely any margin for error built in.

AP source: Titans told not to hold any in-person activities
Tennessee was told players could not gather together for any in-person activities either at the club's facility or elsewhere a day before several Titans worked...

let's think about how vague their language is

I'm assuming they are including players that tested negative are barred from "in person activities". Does that mean a group of all negative players can't meet at the bar? Are they all individually confined to their residence? If they can't meet up with any other negative players, why are they allowed to go out in public to begin with? What's the difference?

I would think those are the people you would want to be together, because otherwise they could be around the general public that hasn't been tested.

And naturally, all of this in person activity ban is negated come Saturday and Sunday when it's travel and game time and they're around hundreds of others. That's OKAY.

It's so fucking stupid, why are you defending the league?

If it's a normal covid thing why hasn't other teams had an outbreak? We played Minnesota, they have 0 cases...seems odd doesnt it?

you're making my point for me

that's quite a story huh, how one side can be so eaten up with this shit but the other side who was in close proximity for 3 hours+ magically has none.. amazing

and if you really think the pats' cases stop at Cam and Gilmore.. ok lol

you're making my point for me

that's quite a story huh, how one side can be so eaten up with this **** but the other side who was in close proximity for 3 hours+ magically has none.. amazing

and if you really think the pats' cases stop at Cam and Gilmore.. ok lol
I'm not defending the league, so it's a conspiracy against the Titans? And the Titans alone? Lol ok

Where is the players union on this issue? Was the NFL expecting the titans to show up and play the bills without proper practice? Just show up and play? Even if they were cleared for practice on Wednesday, the players would have been doing very little prep for 10 consecutive days if I'm not mistaken. Now is that safe when considering the likelyhood of a injury would increase dramatically, especially in football? This whole thing is stupid beyond stupid....the Titans staff and players were placed in a no win situation, and the blame should be on the NFL, not the Tennessee titans.

Where is the players union on this issue? Was the NFL expecting the titans to show up and play the bills without proper practice? Just show up and play? Even if they were cleared for practice on Wednesday, the players would have been doing very little prep for 10 consecutive days if I'm not mistaken. Now is that safe when considering the likelyhood of a injury would increase dramatically, especially in football? This whole thing is stupid beyond stupid....the Titans staff and players were placed in a no win situation, and the blame should be on the NFL, not the Tennessee titans.
I think this goes to show how much its about the nfl getting their money. No league is gonna give money to teams for a year off. Even if they're rolling in it.

let's think about how vague their language is

I'm assuming they are including players that tested negative are barred from "in person activities". Does that mean a group of all negative players can't meet at the bar? Are they all individually confined to their residence? If they can't meet up with any other negative players, why are they allowed to go out in public to begin with? What's the difference?

I would think those are the people you would want to be together, because otherwise they could be around the general public that hasn't been tested.

And naturally, all of this in person activity ban is negated come Saturday and Sunday when it's travel and game time and they're around hundreds of others. That's OKAY.

It's so ****ing stupid, why are you defending the league?
Unbelievably accurate in how the rules are adjusted to meet an occasion.
I’m Navy, same things happen here’s 2 examples of words thrown out to sound good, but really are the dumbest thing.

So in Bahrain, when you first arrive, you must ROM (restriction of movement) to your place of residence until your negative test comes back. That’s bahrain’s Rules, not US. Unless an operational commitment comes up, Which they deem “a work around”.
That just means, don’t ROM.

The second is on the ship they are using a term “hybrid quarantine”. In other words, limit movement to a berthing and work only. The carrier has 5000 people onboard and no where “at work” that you won’t run into 100’s of other people.
Using hybrid quarantine supposedly still meets “quarantine”.

It’s frustrating as hell and almost impossible to answer the inevitable questions of how is this meeting any criteria at all, and since we’re no longer meeting the basic criteria, why are we attempting to follow any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back