Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

"But it's too much work" is not a very good reason to pass up the chance at getting some free draft picks lol. Sean Payton got the Saints a 1st-rounder.

Strunk is a moron.
She was on the radio and said fans didn’t like the results and that she didn’t like the results
Her excuse was that he didn’t want to be traded
He probably didn’t so he could ask for more money

Again, doesn’t say they didn’t explore it. Going down a rabbit hole that doesn’t result in a trade puts the Titans behind in finding the next HC.

They wouldn't have been behind if they started the discussions early enough and gotten a deal in place. These rumors first started circulating in November and Amy said herself in the video with Mike Keith today, that she had been having the thought of moving on for quite a while.

Trading coaches isn't like trading players.

You'd think a bunch of long time NFL fans would realize that, but here we are

Of course it's not the same, but it is doable. You're acting like because it's different that it's impossible.

The Titans had something of value and let it go, instead of getting something back for it, plain and simple. Even if they replaced the 3rd round pick that we're missing this year, that's SOMETHING.

She was on the radio and said fans didn’t like the results and that she didn’t like the results
She didn't say he didn't want to be traded, she said the coach has to be a willing participant in the trade. Vrabel would have agreed to go to NE, in fact I would bet the mortgage that's where he ends up.

The incompetent, ineptitude decision making of this franchise never ceases to amaze me. Even if you wanted to move on from Vrabel, TRADE HIM for SOMETHING. SOMETHING is better than NOTHING, that you're getting now after firing him. "It would have been too hard to trade him." Well boo-hoo, cry me a river. Make it happen and do your job.

I HATE looking stupid in the media. Nobody in the media understands it, because it doesn't make sense. "Same old Titans, making dumb mistakes. A poverty franchise." They're not wrong. My best friend texted me "this will set you guys back 10 years." He's not wrong. My response was, "I would take that 10 years, because I'm not sure we recover from this.

We can't have nice things as Titans fans. Just get used to it. Someone start a petition on change.org for Amy to sell the team, because this will be our lives year after year until she does.
Who says anyone would have traded for vrabs? The Broncos look dumb as shit for trading for Payton.

Who says anyone would have traded for vrabs? The Broncos look dumb as **** for trading for Payton.
Because of the feeling around the league that he's a top tier head coach, and the shock from almost everyone, including the national media that the Titans made a mistake in firing him. Also because he will be the top name in any coaching search this offseason.

Everyone should read this article.
Titans make a huge risk in moving on from Mike Vrabel

"dysfunctional teams do dysfunctional things."

"With a little patience and strategic maneuverings, Strunk might have finagled a trade of Vrabel to the Patriots. They might have explored it, but they clearly didn’t even try."

Because of the feeling around the league that he's a top tier head coach, and the shock from almost everyone, including the national media that the Titans made a mistake in firing him. Also because he will be the top name in any coaching search this offseason.

Everyone should read this article.
Titans make a huge risk in moving on from Mike Vrabel

"dysfunctional teams do dysfunctional things."

"With a little patience and strategic maneuverings, Strunk might have finagled a trade of Vrabel to the Patriots. They might have explored it, but they clearly didn’t even try."
Ehh I think you're vastly over-rating vrabs. He's a defensive coach who has fielded trash defense for the better part of six years. The market for that is non-existent.

Also mike Gloria might be legitimately retarded so I'm absolutely not reading that.

Funny everyone is hating on Vrabel but at the same time saying how valuable he would be in a trade.

I'm on the fence about firing him. On one hand, I think he's a decent coach and players do love him. On the other hand, he has had some questionable hires at the coordinator positions which I think have been a bigger problem than Vrabel himself.

My worry is that we start the cycle of firing coaches every other year and never giving Levis a chance to succeed.

They have to nail the coaching hire and offensive staff hires to maximize Levis' talent. If not, we're back to the coaching carousel AND ruin another QB in the process.

I've been dreading that this total rebuild thing was coming for over a year. Well it's here. Didn't want it. Can't stop it.

Maybe it will be a quick turnaround. Not likely though.

They wouldn't have been behind if they started the discussions early enough and gotten a deal in place. These rumors first started circulating in November and Amy said herself in the video with Mike Keith today, that she had been having the thought of moving on for quite a while.

Of course it's not the same, but it is doable. You're acting like because it's different that it's impossible.

The Titans had something of value and let it go, instead of getting something back for it, plain and simple. Even if they replaced the 3rd round pick that we're missing this year, that's SOMETHING.

Your first statement shows you don't understand that it's different with coaches.

You don't shop a head coach like you do a player. If you do that you show you don't want him so other teams will wait for you to fire him.

When coaches have been traded it is because a team wanted a coach who is under contract with another team. The hiring team gives compensation to the other to release the coach from his contract. This is why it rarely happens.

Also, no one is "trading" for a coach who is likely to get fired. That would be stupid.

to much 'work' I agree... too complex = too much time and I agree with this

although with both Titans and ne out of playoffs no reason a week or so could not have been burned trying - like my opinion

waiting till mid feburary just sets the new HC up for failure... whoever it is needs time to get their dudes on board
But, the Coaches can’t be approached unless they are out of the playoffs unless you get someone completely new to the scene. That should give the Titans a while to trade out the old and hire the new

Vrabel already knows teams want him. I'm sure he didn't want to do the Titans any favors by agreeing to a trade. Understandable. Why would he want to handicap himself by going to his new team and have to lose out on high picks that he would need? He'd rather force the Titans' hand and be fired. He would then still go to the team of his choice with his draft picks intact. Trade was NOT an option for the Titans no matter what people believe.

I've been dreading that this total rebuild thing was coming for over a year. Well it's here. Didn't want it. Can't stop it.

Me too

Some people though seem to love rebuilds as losing games and getting a higher draft position gives them wet dreams.

I'm talking about the people who want to tank from the start of the season

For them, winning the draft is bigger than a super bowl

Your first statement shows you don't understand that it's different with coaches.

You don't shop a head coach like you do a player. If you do that you show you don't want him so other teams will wait for you to fire him.

When coaches have been traded it is because a team wanted a coach who is under contract with another team. The hiring team gives compensation to the other to release the coach from his contract. This is why it rarely happens.

Also, no one is "trading" for a coach who is likely to get fired. That would be stupid.
Wouldn’t that depend on whether more than one team wanted him

Wouldn’t that depend on whether more than one team wanted him

No, it's not like trading a player

There are lots of players, only a few head coaches and only a few change each year

Also, we have no idea if anyone even wants Vrabel, never mind multiple teams.

It's easy to sit back and speculate on hypotheticals

My worry is that we start the cycle of firing coaches every other year and never giving Levis a chance to succeed.

They have to nail the coaching hire and offensive staff hires to maximize Levis' talent. If not, we're back to the coaching carousel AND ruin another QB in the process.
the reality is the chances of levis actually working out just dropped significantly with this rebuild. he was already a bit of a project.

most likely we'll be drafting a new qb in a year or two. time will tell where the new coach stands by then. the roster isn't doing him any favors though lol

Until we get an actual franchise qb it will be a perpetual state of mediocrity

Rent-a-QBs will not bring long term success

Latest posts

Back