Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

"But it's too much work" is not a very good reason to pass up the chance at getting some free draft picks lol. Sean Payton got the Saints a 1st-rounder.

Strunk is a moron.

My fellow Toronto brother, no one on God's green earth was giving up a first rounder for vrabel. As for the Sean Payton point, whether you or anyone believes he's great or not - he won a superbowl and wasn't coming off back to back losing seasons

There were a lot of things based on reports that were annoying Vrabel. Him being fired kind of gives credibility that there was something going on that he didn't like.

When it came out that he wanted another tie breaker between him and ran, and wanted "clearly defined roles", it screams his ego that many have discussed over the years. He's not good enough to have the control he wants

My fellow Toronto brother, no one on God's green earth was giving up a first rounder for vrabel. As for the Sean Payton point, whether you or anyone believes he's great or not - he won a superbowl and wasn't coming off back to back losing seasons
You're right. And the famous NFL rule that coaches can only be traded for first-round picks means that the Titans couldn't possibly trade Vrabel for a second-round pick or something else of value....

Mrs. Amy's statement:

“Earlier today, I spoke with Mike Vrabel and told him about my decision to make a change at head coach. As I told Coach Vrabel, this decision was as difficult as any I’ve made as Controlling Owner. I appreciate Mike’s contributions to the Tennessee Titans both on and off the field. Anyone who has ever met him knows how passionate and genuine he is, and he’s been a strong supporter of the Nashville community. We wish Mike, Jen, and the Vrabel family nothing but the best in the future.

As the NFL continues to innovate and evolve, I believe the teams best positioned for sustained success will be those who empower an aligned and collaborative team across all football functions. Last year, we began a shift in our approach to football leadership and made several changes to our personnel to advance that plan. As I continued to assess the state of our team, I arrived at the conclusion that the team would also benefit from the fresh approach and perspective of a new coaching staff.

I believe the Tennessee Titans can and will be a premier National Football League franchise. It’s what our fans deserve, and there will be hard decisions along the way. My decision today is not only a reflection of my disappointment in our past two seasons, but also my recognition that further changes are necessary to fully achieve our vision.

I will never shy away from acknowledging that I have unapologetically high expectations for the football team and every aspect of the Titans organization. Our vision is not simply to produce more wins than losses, it is to regularly compete for championships. While this season was disappointing, I see early signs of progress taking shape. Last year we added a promising young quarterback and several other talented players to our roster. With a coaching search, enviable cap space, and top-10 draft position, this offseason is as important as any in our history. I’m excited for the weeks and months ahead. We will meet the moment.”

Amy pretty much confirming that they are all gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vrabel will be hired by NE. I’m not upset about his firing but a little surprised. I would love to get Ron Rivera as the DC. I’m still mad at Vrabel and J Robbed for trading AJ

Latest posts

Back