Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

I see all my friends saying we're stupid for getting rid of Vrabel.

Throughout the years, "we're a bad team" blah blah blah and now that he's fired "We just got rid of Jesus"

What is with the outsiders thinking Vrabel is a great coach. I just don't understand.
A good coach can and will elevate the play of the team. In that regard Vrabel was the best Coach the franchise has ever had. The team sucked because the players sucked. Look at the o-line.

I get it. Seemed almost inevitable. Although I must admit, I'm nervous about who can be the replacement. It's tough out there. My optimism is... even if we get a less-caliber HC, I'm excited for the coordinators and position coaches. It has to be pretty easy to upgrade what we had across the board. Keep DL Terrell Williams and maybe the OLB coach. Everyone else, good riddance.

Worse HC with better everyone else, is still a big W. I'm ok with a guy that can delegate.
in a perfect world HC is managing staff not micromanaging

The search started well before today, IMO. You don't fire someone without a plan. I suspect they already have a short list in place and we'll see things start to move immediately with the exception of any candidates on teams in the playoffs.
I thought they could interview ???

You're right. And the famous NFL rule that coaches can only be traded for first-round picks means that the Titans couldn't possibly trade Vrabel for a second-round pick or something else of value....

I also don't think we would've been offered a second rounder. Never said it had to be a first, I get your frustration, we might have been able to get a mid round pick for him. I'm not beat up about that tho

Last edited by a moderator:
A good coach can and will elevate the play of the team. In that regard Vrabel was the best Coach the franchise has ever had. The team sucked because the players sucked. Look at the o-line.

I'll look at the Oline, see 2 natural LTs playing guard, and see them never get a snap over Dillard regardless of how much he sucked.

It's also pretty clear he refuses to collaborate with Ran so..... See ya.

Don't worry, I'm scared of change too but this was 100% the right decision

The only decisions have been hiring Ran and firing Vrabel. I have no problem with either but only time will tell.

She fired a GM in the middle of a winning season, gave into Vrabel’s power play, hired Ran when she told Vrabel it was going to be someone else. Also refuses to speak publicly about her decisions and lets the coach and GM take the blow.

Latest posts

Back