Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

But, you are making a false assumption that a coach’s winning percentage would stay the same over several “hypothetical” 17 game seasons. You can’t use percentage as a substitute for average in this case. I know you think it is easy to understand, but you aren’t really understanding your own argument.

Also, 17 games is the current regular season. Doesn’t include playoffs. How many times did a coach like Belichick or Shula actually coach 17 games in a season? Probably more than you realize, if playoffs are included. You need a better formula.
Playoffs are not included, the site I referenced have a separate win percentage for playoffs.
And of course there are no guarantees, but if a coach wins 60% of 30 games, it is not likely to matter if it’s 3 seasons of 10 games or 2 seasons of 15.

Titans Wire saying Vrabes is interviewing for the Chargers HC job.
Chargers: "Coach, who will you be bringing in as your coordinators?"

Vrabel: Uh... does that matter? They'd be running my systems.

Chargers: "They'll validate your parking at the front desk. Thanks for stopping by."

Chargers: "Coach, who will you be bringing in as your coordinators?"

Vrabel: Uh... does that matter? They'd be running my systems.

Chargers: "They'll validate your parking at the front desk. Thanks for stopping by."
Wasnt there a season when Vrabel didnt hire a DC and said he would be HC and DC?

But, you are making a false assumption that a coach’s winning percentage would stay the same over several “hypothetical” 17 game seasons. You can’t use percentage as a substitute for average in this case. I know you think it is easy to understand, but you aren’t really understanding your own argument.
Playoffs are not included, the site I referenced have a separate win percentage for playoffs.
And of course there are no guarantees, but if a coach wins 60% of 30 games, it is not likely to matter if it’s 3 seasons of 10 games or 2 seasons of 15.
Yeah, I think the site I was looking at included playoffs. It’s weird to not include playoffs in a coach’s total record, but whatever. I think there is a bigger difference between 10 and 15 game seasons, or 14 and 17, than you might think. Injuries being the main variable. More games, more injuries. Facts. Injuries can derail or, at least, affect a season. Too many variables to “assume” winning percentage would be consistent.

This point is moot, anyway. Great coaches win championships. Period. Wins are a byproduct.

Atlanta or Seattle would be good fit that got good RB's. Chargers, he would set Herbert back and maybe ruin his career but on paper they have the best defense. I would think the Falcons would be burned on TItans as we are on Texans and Pats. All those titan players and Arthur didn't work well!

As far as Seattle goes Vrabel is no Pete Carroll compare those resume

the-accountant-movie-ben-affleck-anna-kendrick.jpg

Atlanta or Seattle would be good fit that got good RB's. Chargers, he would set Herbert back and maybe ruin his career but on paper they have the best defense. I would think the Falcons would be burned on TItans as we are on Texans and Pats. All those titan players and Arthur didn't work well!

As far as Seattle goes Vrabel is no Pete Carroll compare those resume

After the cap bomb that’s about to go off in LA that defense won’t look the same.

Latest posts

Back