Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t me. I literally said we should get rid of everyone on the Defense except Landry, Simmons and Byard. Shocked we kept Evans!
See you're clueless. Same roster a year ago with pees our defense was very solid. A year later and we suck. Only thing that changed was coordinator. A 5 year old could then tell it was coaching not personnel.

See you're clueless. Same roster a year ago with pees our defense was very solid. A year later and we suck. Only thing that changed was coordinator. A 5 year old could then tell it was coaching not personnel.
You mean when we had Casey and Ryan and Woodyard?
Also, in 2019 we were bottom half in passing defense and 31st in red zone defense.

There is a plan...I can't see all these recent moves being for nothing, having extra cap isn't doing us any good if not used
Yeah knowing jrob and his conceited self, his plan is to just use that money on drafted players. He better bring jayon back or our d will have 0 chemistry.

When Bowen was officially named the DC, the Titans as an organization telegraphed that they believed the problems on the defense were primarily on the players, not the coaching staff.

Removing and replacing many of the defensive starters coincides with that mentality. I would imagine that their thinking is that they need players who better fit with the defensive scheme the coaching staff has put in place. Of course, this puts the focus squarely on Bowen/Vrabel if the defense performs poorly again next season, as you can't keep blaming the players over and over again.

A little surprised about Kelly. Thought he was worth what we were paying him. I guess they figure Lamm or Quessenbury can be as good an option. Is odd how we plan on manning that spot with JAGs when we used two first round picks on that spot in the past.

Jenkins is actually similar to Butler so I figure similar player but cheaper. Jackson might not be physical enough for the pressing style they want to go to. Large money there as well. Better to have average CBs with a pass rush and not sink so much money into CBs.

Interesting for people who thought he was “trash”. He was crappy last year because of the injury issues and he was hurt too much recently. But, he was a double digit pass defended guy and not exactly trash. View attachment 18279

Yeah it’s a case of recency bias. Adoree was playing very well for us before his injury in 2019 and then obviously last year was a disaster. I was surprised by the release because he had shown to be an effective player. But I think Vrabel and JRob questioned his want and love for the game last year with his knee injury.

Defense was not solid in 2019. It was serviceable but it’s why we lost in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back