Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense was not solid in 2019. It was serviceable but it’s why we lost in the playoffs.
Woodyard was on The Zone this morning and said Pees wasn’t allowed to call the defense in the championship game. That defensive performance is solely on Vrable. Pretty interesting listen.

Woodyard was on The Zone this morning and said Pees wasn’t allowed to call the defense in the championship game. That defensive performance is solely on Vrable. Pretty interesting listen.
Well to be fair KC did light up pees D earlier that year. So maybe the mindset was try something different going in. Pees wanted to run the same D and Vrabs said let's try this, pees said no, vrabs being the HC over rode him.

Well to be fair KC did light up pees D earlier that year. So maybe the mindset was try something different going in. Pees wanted to run the same D and Vrabs said let's try this, pees said no, vrabs being the HC over rode him.
Could be... it didn’t work very well, though. And, Vrable continued with that through all of last season.

Yeah it’s a case of recency bias. Adoree was playing very well for us before his injury in 2019 and then obviously last year was a disaster. I was surprised by the release because he had shown to be an effective player. But I think Vrabel and JRob questioned his want and love for the game last year with his knee injury.
Not really mad he’s gone but would have liked to re-sign him for some more time to continue proving 18-19’ weren’t fluke good play.

Could be... it didn’t work very well, though. And, Vrable continued with that through all of last season.
This conversation pops up a lot and I’m not sure enough credit is ever given to KC and Andy Reid.
Our D wasn’t perfect surely, but a good first half and one particular play had a huge difference in the overall outcome between giving up the TD run to Mahomes or that ball getting juuuust a little further away from him and potential being a huge takeaway.

Not really mad he’s gone but would have liked to re-sign him for some more time to continue proving 18-19’ weren’t fluke good play.

I think they were fed up with his attitude. He never really seemed like he was close with the guys. Never heard stories about him on BWTB or even the MMCNB thing he never really was apart of that. Didn’t work out with the guys in the offseason.

Could be wrong but just an observation. I think JRob and Vrabel felt he didn’t care enough about being a football player despite his talent.

I think they were fed up with his attitude. He never really seemed like he was close with the guys. Never heard stories about him on BWTB or even the MMCNB thing he never really was apart of that. Didn’t work out with the guys in the offseason.

Could be wrong but just an observation. I think JRob and Vrabel felt he didn’t care enough about being a football player despite his talent.
Those are the little pieces we likely will never know. I dont recall hearing any locker room issues with him, but absolutely if he wasn’t “being part of the team” it can lead to this kind of result.

By trying to do their job for them? Lol vrabel is the best boss ever

You ever heard the expression “ if I have to do it I don’t need you” ... that would apply here.

I’m not defending Vrables ability, I’m defending his right to do it. It’s what he gets paid to do.

Doesnt make a difference the defense didn’t okay any better against that same team with Pees calling plays?
It doesn’t make a difference to the point of what Woodyard said. I’m not defending Pees and neither was Woodyard. I find it interesting that Vrable took power away from Pees in the championship game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back