Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Joe Mixon is a older, worse version of Pollard. He's averaged under 4 ypc in 2 of the last 4 seasons. And the only seasons he has averaged 4 YPC, he was at 4.0 and 4.1.

Not to mention, Mixon is a straight up thug. Punched a woman in college. Allegedly pointed a gun at woman's head last year. And a kid was shot in his home last year, as well. He's a genuine POS and I wouldn't want his stink on this team.

Kevin Zietler, Calvin Ridley, and Kamren Curl are the top remaining for me. Would like to see at least 1 of these 3 signed.

I saw we are in on DJ Reader. I would rather pass on him, TBH.

Kevin Zietler, Calvin Ridley, and Kamren Curl are the top remaining for me. Would like to see at least 1 of these 3 signed.

I saw we are in on DJ Reader. I would rather pass on him, TBH.

Reader is just a big run stuffing space eater... Those type have their places in the game still, but I see them as more situational guys.

I'm hoping to hear that we sign Danielle Hunter...we have to help our pass rush since we lost Autry.

Still bummed about Azeez and I don't love the Murray pick. Seems expensive for a roll of the dice. ILBs have been cheap lately. Gosh I hope he's not who our FO thinks is the answer.

Has Devon White been signed?

I would also happily "settle" with Jerome Baker. It would make me feel better after the Dolphins were gifted David Long.

Also, I would be fun to bring Dylan Cole's biceps back.

Ran and Dennard Wilson clearly have a plan for Murray which is why they targeted him day 1. Wilson said he wants an “attacking” defense which is why Azeez didn’t fit. Azeez had the 4th WORST pass rush grade (46.8) out of all 82 NFL ILB last year.
Murray however is an athletic freak with a 9.88 RAS score and has elite level “speed” and “explosion” numbers. Pass rushing as a blitzer will likely be his specialty. Think David Long on steroids. Could be a lot of fun to watch.

Ran and Dennard Wilson clearly have a plan for Murray which is why they targeted him day 1. Wilson said he wants an “attacking” defense which is why Azeez didn’t fit. Azeez had the 4th WORST pass rush grade (46.8) out of all 82 NFL ILB last year.
Murray however is an athletic freak with a 9.88 RAS score and has elite level “speed” and “explosion” numbers. Pass rushing as a blitzer will likely be his specialty. Think David Long on steroids. Could be a lot of fun to watch.
The only problem with all of that is he is supposedly a poor tackler. Something that does make him fit in here since we are notorious for poor tackeling.

The only problem with all of that is he is supposedly a poor tackler. Something that does make him fit in here since we are notorious for poor tackeling.
I hear you but his 22% pass rush pressure rate last year was elite. Hopefully we can coach him up on the other stuff. His rotating carousel of LB coaches on the Chargers were equivalent to our OL coaches the past few years. I’m sure that didn’t help lol.

Mooney to the Falcons, 3 years 39 million. That's a little over limit I would have felt comfortable signing him at. Really thought he would go for around 2/24 or 3/30 with only about 12 million in guaranteed money. 3/39 with 26 guaranteed is a bit rich for a guy that hasn't broke 500 yards the last 2 seasons.

Mooney to the Falcons, 3 years 39 million. That's a little over limit I would have felt comfortable signing him at. Really thought he would go for around 2/24 or 3/30 with only about 12 million in guaranteed money. 3/39 with 26 guaranteed is a bit rich for a guy that hasn't broke 500 yards the last 2 seasons.
Massive overpay IMO.

and what are Murray's grades?

David Long was extremely instinctual and incredible at avoiding blockers. Azeez was a ball hawk and tackling machine. Murray, SO FAR, has been an absolute bust. Think Rashaan Evans but with waaaaay less success.

Even if, Wilson and Ran are right about what they can do with Murray, that's a gable, seems over priced, and can not be the only solution to our giant hole (literally) in the middle of the defense now.

I do, and always have, loved your optimism though.

I hear you but his 22% pass rush pressure rate last year was elite. Hopefully we can coach him up on the other stuff. His rotating carousel of LB coaches on the Chargers were equivalent to our OL coaches the past few years. I’m sure that didn’t help lol.
Then cool, maybe we have an expensive project at DE/OLB, but we need TWO inside guys that can stop the run consistently, be decent at covering the middle, and relatively able to stick with TEs. Murray, as of now, hasn't been great at any of those 3.

Maybe I'm old school, but pass rush ability doesn't rank that high in my required traits for an ILB.

Per TitansWire, the Titans are still actively "exploring" a trade with the Chiefs for La'Jarius Sneed.

Barf.

Sneed is very good. But we aren't a CB away from competing. Trading a 2nd rounder and then signing him to a 90-100 million dollar deal is not something we should be doing right now.

Barf.

Sneed is very good. But we aren't a CB away from competing. Trading a 2nd rounder and then signing him to a 90-100 million dollar deal is not something we should be doing right now.

Starting to question Ran's judgement if he were to do this.

Henry to Ratbirds for 2 yrs 16 mil. This is the exact contact I was hoping we would give him. This is rough...I hope he turned down coming back and we just didn't even offer him a deal.

If we are in the business of trading away picks for an established player, it should be Higgins. Hell Kendall Fuller is a FA right now and could be had for half the price of Sneed without giving up picks.

There simply isn't a good argument for trading for Sneed. Hopefully it's just a bluff from KC to get someone else (maybe another AFC South team) to bite.

Latest posts

Back