Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

bit of an overpay for a 29 year old receiver

not like we had any other options though

and yes, we know players never earn the full contract.
it's still an overpay.

Bowers might be awfully tempting at 7 now.
200w.gif

Not liking this Ridley deal more it sinks in; didn’t realize he’s 29 … he’s coming off a disappointing season - a toooon of money - how many older WRs do they need at the top?

Could have used that same money for AJ right? And he’s how many years younger still o_O

I’d have to see the actual contract of guarenteed and what not, all I know is Ridley>burks/NWI. Will be nice to see actual talent at the WR position. Hopefully we grab nabers or Odunze if alt is gone

Not liking this Ridley deal more it sinks in; didn’t realize he’s 29 … he’s coming off a disappointing season - a toooon of money - how many older WRs do they need at the top?

Could have used that same money for AJ right? And he’s how many years younger still o_O

didn’t he have 1k last year? Disappointing is basically elite from what we’ve had. Also he’s missed two years, he may be 29 but those two years off makes him fresh.

didn’t he have 1k last year? Disappointing is basically elite from what we’ve had. Also he’s missed two years, he may be 29 but those two years off makes him fresh.

Yeah valid points but Jags offense to ours is a downgrade don’t except no 1K , seems like a lot when there is younger guys out there plus the draft
(He disappeared a lot last season, had a few blow up games)

Yeah valid points but Jags offense to ours is a downgrade don’t except no 1K , seems like a lot when there is younger guys out there plus the draft
(He disappeared a lot last season, had a few blow up games)

Why would it be a downgrade? You have Levis in his second year, you possibly have Ridley/hop and Odunze/Nabers if they go that route (which is better than the jags wr core by a good bit), spears and pollard are two RB’s that I think will work great together. I think our offense has the chance to surprise a lot of people, plus this isn’t vrabels offense anymore, it’s callahans. It’ll be a different offense than what we are used to

Also, all of yall saying “ugh we gave him what we could have gave AJ. …. Blame our past gm, not Ran. Ran wasn’t here lol
Ridley had the same production last year that Brown had in TN.
DHOP had the same production Brown had in TN.

basically, the titans now have 2 AJ Browns without the weird locker room Antonio Brown vibe.

Why would it be a downgrade? You have Levis in his second year, you possibly have Ridley/hop and Odunze/Nabers if they go that route (which is better than the jags wr core by a good bit), spears and pollard are two RB’s that I think will work great together. I think our offense has the chance to surprise a lot of people, plus this isn’t vrabels offense anymore, it’s callahans. It’ll be a different offense than what we are used to

Writing on the wall now for a LT at 7 Alt or whoever else - still don’t have one yet only a center

But yes the offense should and ‘better’ look at a lot different then last years

At a time when we have the money to spend AND, potentially, the offense that will use multiple WRs as throwing targets rather than blockers or benchwarmers.
It’s a lost cause to argue that point.
I’m sure all the comparisons will also overlook that if Brown was available right now, it would now take $30 mil/yr to sign him.

Latest posts

Back