Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Texans went all in on DL
Titans going all in on DB
Analytics says the Titans should have more success.
Can you post those analytics?

with the rules of the game today, secondary are at a major disadvantage. Pass rush forces QBs to throw faster. Even if the secondary is outstanding, without pass rush, QBs have time to just wait until any WR gets open.
Doesn’t make sense to me how a secondary strong team is better than a pass rush strong team.

with the rules of the game today, secondary are at a major disadvantage. Pass rush forces QBs to throw faster. Even if the secondary is outstanding, without pass rush, QBs have time to just wait until any WR gets open.
Doesn’t make sense to me how a secondary strong team is better than a pass rush strong team.
Yep, no matter how good a CB is, you can't expect him to be able to cover a good WR more than a handful of seconds, then the WR is going to find an opening.

When’s the last time the Titans had two legit corners?
I’m go butler and Ryan. I really can’t think of a pair or a trio like the ones we have now though. It sorta reminds me of the overhaul we done years ago when we drafted Mike dumas Daryl Lewis Marcus Robertson and Stephen Jackson. This one is just more impactful and through free agency. I’m hopeful we add Mayo or Simmons and can proclaim ourselves best defensive backfield in the nfl and titans history.

Yep, no matter how good a CB is, you can't expect him to be able to cover a good WR more than a handful of seconds, then the WR is going to find an opening.
I bet Sneed can cover Burks in a lawn chair with a glass of lemonade for an hour straight at practice.

As in right now we have two major needs both LT and RT aswell as Defensive line and pass rushers.

Safety is not a concern in my opnion.

until Titans play CBs tight on third and 4 I will not believe it

The pass rush should be more existent with actual corners that can cover, and not leave receivers wide open every play.

As in right now we have two major needs both LT and RT aswell as Defensive line and pass rushers.

Unless they start releasing some guys, they have like 3 RT on the team.
How good they are is valid concern but they can’t keep signing more.

The pass rush should be more existent with actual corners that can cover, and not leave receivers wide open every play.
Just can’t recall any examples of weak pass rush, shut down corners that were considered a successful Defense.
Every good D seems to have pass rushers and sometimes the secondary doesn’t have to be “shutdown”.

I’m actually the opposite. I would at least like more depth at safety, and I feel good about radunz or petit frere panning out under daddy Callahan.

Just can’t recall any examples of weak pass rush, shut down corners that were considered a successful Defense.
Every good D seems to have pass rushers and sometimes the secondary doesn’t have to be “shutdown”.
It’s been a while but that bunch in Cleveland seemed anchored by minnifield and Hanford dixon years ago. That said, we certainly got some people who can get after the passer in sneed, key, weaver, Landry, Simmons. I am more concerned we tighten up the run d with one more or two more good plugs on the line and one more at LB.

thinking about it, if I was coaching against the titans the part of the defense I would attempt to target at this point is lb coverage in the pass game. That one sticks out at the moment. I’m actually having an anxiety attack thinking about Landry and Murray in coverage.

It’s been a while but that bunch in Cleveland seemed anchored by minnifield and Hanford dixon years ago. That said, we certainly got some people who can get after the passer in sneed, key, weaver, Landry, Simmons. I am more concerned we tighten up the run d with one more or two more good plugs on the line and one more at LB.

thinking about it, if I was coaching against the titans the part of the defense I would attempt to target at this point is lb coverage in the pass game. That one sticks out at the moment. I’m actually having an anxiety attack thinking about Landry and Murray in coverage.
Didn’t look it up but if we’re talking about Minnifield, clay Mathews was around and Michael Dean Perry, but the rules were different then too. I think they also had Mark carrier at safety too.
But I agree with you, with the current roster, I see teams targeting their TE and RB in the pass, but I also think the run defense may be reason for concern.

not unfixable before the season or at least addressed though.

I like the trade, we have the $ and it's a position of need.

Sneed was drafted in the 4th, KC gets a 3rd for him and don't have to pay big $ to keep him.... why can't we draft guys in the 3rd that other teams will trade for?

Clowney could play the Autry roll. Inside and outside. Just saying.

We should absolutely sign Mike Danna too
Clowney cannot play the Autry role.
He was actually replaced by Autry because he couldn’t play that role.
Or Bud Dupree was in the middle.

clowney is a hard pass. There shouldn’t be any consideration for that guy or the cost wasted on a non factor like that guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back