Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

I don’t know quite how to put this but, if we just magically become an actual contender overnight because we finally let go of the smash mouth old school grind it out philosophy I’m going to be a little upset. Upset because of how long it took the higher ups to finally let go of the past. I became a fan of this team back in the late 90s as a child and nothing has really changed. We’ve always been a run first team, we’ve always had a really ugly play style but somehow we’ve had success with it from time to time. But something just feels different all of the sudden. It’s like the wings that got clipped decades ago finally grew back and it’s time to fly now.

I don’t know quite how to put this but, if we just magically become an actual contender overnight because we finally let go of the smash mouth old school grind it out philosophy I’m going to be a little upset. Upset because of how long it took the higher ups to finally let go of the past. I became a fan of this team back in the late 90s as a child and nothing has really changed. We’ve always been a run first team, we’ve always had a really ugly play style but somehow we’ve had success with it from time to time. But something just feels different all of the sudden. It’s like the wings that got clipped decades ago finally grew back and it’s time to fly now.
Seriously, if you arent getting excited about the "Vision and Collaboration" at this point, you just dont want to get excited. Even if it doesnt work out, we are not pulling our punches and that is something we needed.

At the end of the season and I saw the lists of UFAs and what we needed, there were only 2 people who stuck out; Cushenberry and Ridley. Landing those two is fantastic, now through in a potential top of the league CB, I will take it.

Seriously, if you arent getting excited about the "Vision and Collaboration" at this point, you just dont want to get excited. Even if it doesnt work out, we are not pulling our punches and that is something we needed.

At the end of the season and I saw the lists of UFAs and what we needed, there were only 2 people who stuck out; Cushenberry and Ridley. Landing those two is fantastic, now through in a potential top of the league CB, I will take it.

Yeah I'm getting a better feel for Ran. Still curious to see if he wanted to bring back Autry and AAS. Had he bought one of them back, I'd give him an A+.

Getting Sneed for just a 25 3th and a 24 7th swap is absolutely stealing.

Should be interesting to see what Ran does in the draft. Nailed all 3 of his first picks last season and if he can nail 3 picks this year, we may have ourselves a stud of a GM in the making.

Yeah I'm getting a better feel for Ran. Still curious to see if he wanted to bring back Autry and AAS. Had he bought one of them back, I'd give him an A+.

Should be interesting to see what Ran does in the draft. Nailed all 3 of his first picks last season and if he can nail 3 picks this year, we may have ourselves a stud of a GM in the making.
Maybe they didn’t fit the new DCs scheme. I’d imagine there’s a reason they didn’t even attempt to bring either one back.

Maybe they didn’t fit the new DCs scheme. I’d imagine there’s a reason they didn’t even attempt to bring either one back.

Maybe they attempted but maybe they just rather play for Ryans.

But Autry and AAS most definitely would fit any scheme. Wilson is new to being a DC and I highly doubt he has an identity/scheme as of yet.

Can you post those analytics?

with the rules of the game today, secondary are at a major disadvantage. Pass rush forces QBs to throw faster. Even if the secondary is outstanding, without pass rush, QBs have time to just wait until any WR gets open.
Doesn’t make sense to me how a secondary strong team is better than a pass rush strong team.

Both are needed

Strong secondary will always be more consistent than even the best pass rush. There will be times when even the strongest pass rush will not get pressure and you need a strong secondary to hold.

Last edited by a moderator:

1st round G

I checked with the Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller he said Ran is already a stud.

Last year this team was one of the worst at cb and wr in the NFL. Now it is a strength. 3 solid to very good cb's D-Hop and Ridley are both number one wr and I think Burks has a chance to shine in the slot like he did at ark. Ridley and Hopkins will get the coverage, We will draft another wr and cb. Plenty of free agent S out there and we will sign one (nfl not paying pos this year). We will get a LT in draft and we have offensive line Jesus coaching now, not Colgate's o-line coach. One thing missing to me is replacing Autry. If we do not Big jeff gets double and tripled teamed every down. I would like to bring back Tart, just because Vrabel did not like him, does not mean he cannot play for this staff. He makes plays! We also need edge rusher from somewhere. But I love what ran has done great job! We are going to be fun to watch this year

Last year this team was one of the worst at cb and wr in the NFL. Now it is a strength. 3 solid to very good cb's D-Hop and Ridley are both number one wr and I think Burks has a chance to shine in the slot like he did at ark. Ridley and Hopkins will get the coverage, We will draft another wr and cb. Plenty of free agent S out there and we will sign one (nfl not paying pos this year). We will get a LT in draft and we have offensive line Jesus coaching now, not Colgate's o-line coach. One thing missing to me is replacing Autry. If we do not Big jeff gets double and tripled teamed every down. I would like to bring back Tart, just because Vrabel did not like him, does not mean he cannot play for this staff. He makes plays! We also need edge rusher from somewhere. But I love what ran has done great job! We are going to be fun to watch this year

Agree with everything but Tart. There's a reason why Ryans didn't keep him, the Bengals didn't sign him like reported and why he's still on the market. Don't want him back.

We do somehow need to make a splash at someone who can draw attention away from Simmons. We have failed to do that, but I think that will be addressed soon.

Latest posts

Back