Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

We also have holes literally everywhere but RB basically. And just spent a third on an rb last year. Who looked good. Now we spend on that position. It makes no sense.

RB was a hole with Henry leaving, and our offense stinks. We signed a good offensive player.

Spears gets hurt and then we were looking at Julius Chestnut or a Day 3 running back getting all the carries. That's a recipe for disaster

You keep bringing up the past to make points about Henry, but you’re not taking into account what kind of offense we are going to be running this year.
Exactly Henry still one of the best we all know that but having him comes at a price meaning that your whole offense has to be about him and is pretty much useless on 3rd and long.

RB was a hole with Henry leaving, and our offense stinks. We signed a good offensive player.

Spears gets hurt and then we were looking at Julius Chestnut or a Day 3 running back getting all the carries. That's a recipe for disaster
RB literally doesn't matter. Just throw whoever in there

Exactly Henry still one of the best we all know that but having him comes at a price meaning that your whole offense has to be about him and is pretty much useless on 3rd and long.

Agree completely. Henry was never coming back to less carries and less money, no matter what people want to think or hope, and the titans need to get away from that style of offense, which they are doing.

But if you say this, people think you hate Henry which is absolutely not true.

You keep bringing up the past to make points about Henry, but you’re not taking into account what kind of offense we are going to be running this year.
Last year = “the past”

what has Pollard done since last year?
Don’t talk about last year though, it’s “the past”.

Last year = “the past”

what has Pollard done since last year?
Don’t talk about last year though, it’s “the past”.

You still aren’t addressing the biggest factor which is what kind of offense we are going to run. It’s not meant for Henry, nor would Henry want to be a part of it.

Pacheco says otherwise. But we operate like it's 1994 still.

Yes, let's compare everything to a team with Patrick Mahomes as their QB. That's completely rational...

The Chiefs don't run the ball with their RBs very much. In fact they ranked 2nd to last in rush attempts last year. When you have Pat Mahomes at QB1, you can afford to do that.

We don't have Pat Mahomes at QB.

We disagree here bigly.
Bringing him back yes makes him a feature back but that doesn’t mean a shift to passing offense isn’t possible.

I see a couple posts speaking for Henry that he didn’t want to come back.
Zero proof of that, plenty of proof to argue otherwise.

I agree, the reason he isn’t back is the shift in offense, that’s it. Not cause he was old, not cause he isn’t more talented than Pollard, not because of cost, just different style.
Maybe the Callahan’s believe the media when they call Henry a bruiser.

Yes, let's compare everything to a team with Patrick Mahomes as their QB. That's completely rational...

The Chiefs don't run the ball with their RBs very much. In fact they ranked 2nd to last in rush attempts last year. When you have Pat Mahomes at QB1, you can afford to do that.

We don't have Pat Mahomes at QB.

People act as if Pacheco would be a top 5-6 rb with any team. Put him on the titans and he’d be average. Like you said we don’t have that luxury of having a once in a generation qb.

We disagree here bigly.
Bringing him back yes makes him a feature back but that doesn’t mean a shift to passing offense isn’t possible.

I see a couple posts speaking for Henry that he didn’t want to come back.
Zero proof of that, plenty of proof to argue otherwise.

I agree, the reason he isn’t back is the shift in offense, that’s it. Not cause he was old, not cause he isn’t more talented than Pollard, not because of cost, just different style.
Maybe the Callahan’s believe the media when they call Henry a bruiser.

I think clearly the guys making the decision felt very clearly this isn't the case. If we are transitioning to a modern style of offense, Henry simply doesn't fit that very well. I am not saying he can't excel in that sort of offense, but I think any unbiased fan would agree that Henry isn't a great fit for that sort of offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to change the subject a bit, what would yall rather do? Let’s say Alt goes to the chargers and Nabers to the giants. Would yall want to draft Odunze? Or do you throw money at Ridley and use that pick for OL

Just to change the subject a bit, what would yall rather do? Let’s say Alt goes to the chargers and Nabers to the giants. Would yall want to draft Odunze? Or do you throw money at Ridley and use that pick for OL

We need multiple WRs and multiple OL. I think we draft Odunze no matter who we get in FA with a OT with the 28th

Ideally I would trade back, go for Bowers and have a couple extra picks.

Maybe draft a RB actually. We don't have enough invested in that useless position as is.

Back to the Pollard signing, I don't see Spears being a back that gets 30 touches like Derrick did. I think that might be why they brought Pollard in.

Latest posts

Back