Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
AP won one playoff game with the Vikings nearly 15 years ago....if that's you're exception. Yikes.
So playoff game victories are the measuring stick for first round RB?
stupid chargers wasting all those years on Tomlinson, no wonder they never won anything.
Even the Lions with Barry Sanders were just wasting their time with his 1 playoff win.

stupid chargers wasting all those years on Tomlinson, no wonder they never won anything.
Even the Lions with Barry Sanders were just wasting their time with his 1 playoff win.
Certainly more success with QBs in Round 1 but lots of whiffs there as well...ideally you need a game changer in 1 regardless of position, IF other positions are in place doing that can lead to success.

Personally I think we need to go OL at 11 provided a good one is there, no reaches. If not trade back and I don't have a problem taking a RB like Gibbs in 1.

Tannehill had Dennis Daley as his LT, a terrible line in general, a terrible group of WR’s, and Todd Downing calling the plays. Let’s give me the man a chance instead of trading away all our future capital for an unknown.
This is what I'm thinking...and I'm not a big Tannehill fan, but I do believe with the right pieces in place, OC included, he is our best option

Certainly more success with QBs in Round 1 but lots of whiffs there as well...ideally you need a game changer in 1 regardless of position, IF other positions are in place doing that can lead to success.

Personally I think we need to go OL at 11 provided a good one is there, no reaches. If not trade back and I don't have a problem taking a RB like Gibbs in 1.
Cheers.
I’m fully against a RB this year almost entirely, certainly not 1st round but it was pointed out that no RB is ever worth a 1st round which I completely disagree with.

without looking it up, I bet RB “hit” success rate is probably higher than every other position in the first round (certainly not measured by playoff wins which is an awful measurement) but I think that probably holds true of every round because RB are the easiest position to replace.

The more I think about, I feel more confident that this is all a ploy to make the Colts and Texans to pay more if they want to trade up. Obviously for the Texans it wouldn't be much to move from 2 to 1.

fwiw - dabearsblog isn't known for its reporting accuracy or breaking news. It has far more misses than hits. Throws a bunch of stuff against the wall, hoping something sticks.

that is the logic

lose every game for a better draft pick until obvious GOAT is there for you

No of course not. Ap was a beast but he never won anything, same with Lt, henry, Sanders, Barkley, CMC etc. Why waste a first round pick on a position that is the most easily replaceable especially with henry on the roster being paid as a top RB and glaring holes all over the roster.

No of course not. Ap was a beast but he never won anything, same with Lt, henry, Sanders, Barkley, CMC etc. Why waste a first round pick on a position that is the most easily replaceable especially with henry on the roster being paid as a top RB and glaring holes all over the roster.

Totally agree...DH (arguably a future HOFer here) was drafted in the second round. Great player/person and glad that we have had the privilege of watching him play, but that in itself should illustrate how the RB position is valued on draft day in the current NFL.

Wasting a top 15 pick on OL is abhorrent to me. There is no true generational LT in this draft. Trading back and getting more draft capital is the move if you aren’t going WR here. If we have a chance to move up to take CJ Stroud you do it. We can’t keep putting a bandaid at QB. The future is now, always. THill is ok. But this team isn’t running through Mahomes, Allen, Burrows, Hebert, Lawrence et al. And get to a SB with THill. It’s just a fact we need to acknowledge. We can’t let Indy and Houston get young QBs while we run THill back out there. Lawrence, Young and Stroud 6 games a year for a decade or more? We need to get less expensive at skills positions ( QB, WR ) then spend the savings on OL and defense in free agency. It’s time to turn the roster over.

I’m sure there were no other factors at all regarding their success or not.
I mean, Peterson was on the doorstep with Min but Favre threw it away.
SD was on the doorstep by the guy who intercepted the ball fumbled it back to NE.
Sanders unfortunately never head a whole lot of anything around him, a story told over and over when comparing him and Emmitt.

speaking of Emmitt, another 1st.

Wasting a top 15 pick on OL is abhorrent to me. There is no true generational LT in this draft. Trading back and getting more draft capital is the move if you aren’t going WR here. If we have a chance to move up to take CJ Stroud you do it. We can’t keep putting a bandaid at QB. The future is now, always. THill is ok. But this team isn’t running through Mahomes, Allen, Burrows, Hebert, Lawrence et al. And get to a SB with THill. It’s just a fact we need to acknowledge. We can’t let Indy and Houston get young QBs while we run THill back out there. Lawrence, Young and Stroud 6 games a year for a decade or more? We need to get less expensive at skills positions ( QB, WR ) then spend the savings on OL and defense in free agency. It’s time to turn the roster over.
I may be misreading but are you against OL top 15 always or just this year?

second, quick reminder that THill is not far removed from just 1 season ago beating Mahomes, Allen, Lawrence (2x), and lost to Burrow (2x now) by less than a TD. Your entire point regarding this is invalid. THill is better than you give credit and short memories are why people always try to jump to QB for every fix.

Totally agree...DH (arguably a future HOFer here) was drafted in the second round. Great player/person and glad that we have had the privilege of watching him play, but that in itself should illustrate how the RB position is valued on draft day in the current NFL.

And if there was such a thing as a NFL redraft, where do you think Henry would have been drafted? Second round again?

I’m sure there were no other factors at all regarding their success or not.
I mean, Peterson was on the doorstep with Min but Favre threw it away.
SD was on the doorstep by the guy who intercepted the ball fumbled it back to NE.
Sanders unfortunately never head a whole lot of anything around him, a story told over and over when comparing him and Emmitt.

speaking of Emmitt, another 1st.
lmao Emmitt smith? He's been retired for 20 years bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back