Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a Kentucky fan. Watched Levis every game. He has an incredible arm but throws it full velocity every pass. He also refused to play in Kentucky’s bowl game because he didn’t want to get hurt. Then turned around and wouldn’t play in the Senior Bowl for the same reason. Made me question his character. What does it say about you when you turn your back on your team and your school in the biggest game of the season? Needs to be a rule. These players are getting scholarships and paid now. Shouldn’t be able to just sit out for your own self interest. Sports in general are heading in a very bad direction. No one is going to watch a bunch of men just trying to get as rich as possible. When the love of the game goes, so goes the sport. That’s why these “pay the man” type fans are so ignorant.
Levis knew he'd be exposed. He's a one read QB who has no touch. Now, he could be a Josh Allen comp, but doesn't have the numbers to back it up.

priestholmes

already under contract and I cant think of any particular thing he did bad other than all the FC inside the 20 as a PR.. but probably should not have been returning punts... another issue robinson refused to address
I think he tried with Philips. Remains to be seen if he can be PR without fumbling, be a WR, stay healthy.

It has to be for Bryce Young if you're making a splash like that. Stroud's ceiling is not high enough to be giving up what it takes to move up to #1. I would even prefer Levis over Stroud at #1 since you're taking a home run swing anyway.

It has to be for Bryce Young if you're making a splash like that. Stroud's ceiling is not high enough to be giving up what it takes to move up to #1. I would even prefer Levis over Stroud at #1 since you're taking a home run swing anyway.
If you move from 11 to 1, you better not be taking a swing at all. He better be a sure thing and I don’t see any of these QB’s as that. That’s why I say stay at 11, get the best LT and stick with Tannehill until his contract ends.

If you move from 11 to 1, you better not be taking a swing at all. He better be a sure thing and I don’t see any of these QB’s as that. That’s why I say stay at 11, get the best LT and stick with Tannehill until his contract ends.
Young to me is a sure thing, but I agree that this is the year to rebuild the offense through the draft. Much better to go into the post-Tanny era without so many offensive holes to mess with the new QB's success.

I actually would prefer they move on from Tannehill this year and throw in Dobbs or Willis and tank 2023 but we know Vrabel won't be down with that.

Young to me is a sure thing, but I agree that this is the year to rebuild the offense through the draft. Much better to go into the post-Tanny era without so many offensive holes to mess with the new QB's success.

I actually would prefer they move on from Tannehill this year and throw in Dobbs or Willis and tank 2023 but we know Vrabel won't be down with that.
194 lbs. Had to put on a lot of weight to play in the NFL. Will he be the same player after he adds the weight? That’s far from a sure thing. He’s not even close.

No... Levis is not a home run swing .. Levis is a pop fly with 2 outs, bottom of the 9th..

Games are won in the trenches. JR did a pitiful job solidifying our offensive trench. We must build a quality line.

It's gonna be easier to build OL in FA who can contribute. Move on from a Tanne and we could have 55+ million in cap room. Obviously a at LT, Brown is the only real difference maker, but there are a 2-3 other guys I think could be serviceable at LT.

I may be misreading but are you against OL top 15 always or just this year?

second, quick reminder that THill is not far removed from just 1 season ago beating Mahomes, Allen, Lawrence (2x), and lost to Burrow (2x now) by less than a TD. Your entire point regarding this is invalid. THill is better than you give credit and short memories are why people always try to jump to QB for every fix.

He didn't beat any of those teams in the playoffs though. And certainly he didn't play great in many of those games, which means he wasn't the primary reason we won. In the case of the Bengal however, he was absolutely the primary reason we lost.

Which is correct. In the current landscape of the NFL there is not a running back in history that's worth a first round pick. The only exception may be if a team is solid everywhere else and it's truly a luxury pick. Even then you're likely better getting depth elsewhere.

Disagree with you there. If I knew a RB was gonna be arguably the GOAT, I would have no qualms taking him 1st round, no. 1 overall even. But obviously we can't know that, so it's irrelevant.

He didn't beat any of those teams in the playoffs though. And certainly he didn't play great in many of those games, which means he wasn't the primary reason we won. In the case of the Bengal however, he was absolutely the primary reason we lost.
Never understood this logic.
He loses close games in a rematch of a team that was beat meaning the capability is proven they can beat these teams with THill but the selective losses in the playoffs is the defining game for some people even when it it’s a team sport.

I think it’s just easy for some people to simplify things and blame the QB. Then also count a bad game, which every single QB ever has had, and say that’s what will always be the case.

I get it, people aren’t sold on THill, that’s fine, but the logic of “can’t win in the playoffs”, can’t beat certain QBs, etc is complete flaw and doesn’t account for the rest of the titans team nor does it give credit to good teams.
THill is 2-3 in the playoffs, but even then, folks just look at a stat line and say, welll, the 2 wins aren’t because of THill, but the 3 losses are.

it also completely overlooks the average QBs that reach the final 4 regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's gonna be easier to build OL in FA who can contribute. Move on from a Tanne and we could have 55+ million in cap room. Obviously a at LT, Brown is the only real difference maker, but there are a 2-3 other guys I think could be serviceable at LT.
It will have to be a blend of draft and FA agency. There is no way to secure 4 quality OL in FA at a reasonable price. None. We must draft top quality prospects as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back