Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be misreading but are you against OL top 15 always or just this year?

second, quick reminder that THill is not far removed from just 1 season ago beating Mahomes, Allen, Lawrence (2x), and lost to Burrow (2x now) by less than a TD. Your entire point regarding this is invalid. THill is better than you give credit and short memories are why people always try to jump to QB for every fix.

the-office-thank-you.gif

Wasting a top 15 pick on OL is abhorrent to me. There is no true generational LT in this draft. Trading back and getting more draft capital is the move if you aren’t going WR here. If we have a chance to move up to take CJ Stroud you do it. We can’t keep putting a bandaid at QB. The future is now, always. THill is ok. But this team isn’t running through Mahomes, Allen, Burrows, Hebert, Lawrence et al. And get to a SB with THill. It’s just a fact we need to acknowledge. We can’t let Indy and Houston get young QBs while we run THill back out there. Lawrence, Young and Stroud 6 games a year for a decade or more? We need to get less expensive at skills positions ( QB, WR ) then spend the savings on OL and defense in free agency. It’s time to turn the roster over.
Is there a generational WR that could be there at 11?
We do have Burks and it has been pointed out Woods is a good #2, he was coming off an ACL and all the other sh*t our offense showed us.

And if there was such a thing as a NFL redraft, where do you think Henry would have been drafted? Second round again?

Actually, I think so...Heisman Trophy winner, national champ...overall beast. That said, IMO he would be the exception here. I think that, best case, stud RBs are late 2nd round at best these days...

Fournette was a 1st and won with TB.

Edit:
But I’ll guess now the goal post is about to shift again. Now it’s going to be about “elite”.
Lol just ignore that the Jaguars drafted him in the first, then later waived him because he was literally untradable. That actually further proves my point that you can find a good running back for literally no assets. So thanks?

Lol just ignore that the Jaguars drafted him in the first, then later waived him because he was literally untradable. That actually further proves my point that you can find a good running back for literally no assets. So thanks?
I never argued you can’t find a good RB later.
You stated a RB even like Barry Samders should never be taken in the 1st.

I never argued you can’t find a good RB later.
You stated a RB even like Barry Samders should never be taken in the 1st.
Which is correct. In the current landscape of the NFL there is not a running back in history that's worth a first round pick. The only exception may be if a team is solid everywhere else and it's truly a luxury pick. Even then you're likely better getting depth elsewhere.

100% true
Not worth posting a whole bunch of research to prove why I disagree highly on this one, I’ll just list a few for other people to chime in if they want
Not sure why you mentioned post season success or how long ago they played if that had no relevance to your point, but ok.

Josh Jacobs
Barkley
Sony Michel (2x SB winner)
Fournette (won SB)
CMC (1K rushing and rec same year)
Zeke Elliott
Mark Ingram
Rasherd mendenhal (SB winner)
Jonathan Stewart (SB loser)
CJ2K (2K rusher)
AP (2K rusher)
Marshawn Lynch (SB winner and loser)
Reggie Bush (SB winner)
Deangelo Williams (SB loser)
Joseph Addai (SB winner and loser)
Ronnie Brown
Steven Jackson
Willis mcgahee
Larry Johnson
LT
Deuce McAllister
Jamal Lewis (2K and SB winner)
Thomas Jones
Shaun Alexander (SB loser)
Edge James
Rickey Williams
Fred Taylor
Warrick Dunn
EG (SB loser)
Marshall Faulk (SB winner and loser, 1K rush and Rec same year)
Garrison Hearst
Jerome Bettis (SB winner)
Robert Smith

I’m sure everyone agrees that none of these guys were worth a first in the last 30 years.
Plenty of other solid contributors names not added.

Not worth posting a whole bunch of research to prove why I disagree highly on this one, I’ll just list a few for other people to chime in if they want
Not sure why you mentioned post season success or how long ago they played if that had no relevance to your point, but ok.

Josh Jacobs
Barkley
Sony Michel (2x SB winner)
Fournette (won SB)
CMC (1K rushing and rec same year)
Zeke Elliott
Mark Ingram
Rasherd mendenhal (SB winner)
Jonathan Stewart (SB loser)
CJ2K (2K rusher)
AP (2K rusher)
Marshawn Lynch (SB winner and loser)
Reggie Bush (SB winner)
Deangelo Williams (SB loser)
Joseph Addai (SB winner and loser)
Ronnie Brown
Steven Jackson
Willis mcgahee
Larry Johnson
LT
Deuce McAllister
Jamal Lewis (2K and SB winner)
Thomas Jones
Shaun Alexander (SB loser)
Edge James
Rickey Williams
Fred Taylor
Warrick Dunn
EG (SB loser)
Marshall Faulk (SB winner and loser, 1K rush and Rec same year)
Garrison Hearst
Jerome Bettis (SB winner)
Robert Smith

I’m sure everyone agrees that none of these guys were worth a first in the last 30 years.
Plenty of other solid contributors names not added.
Most of those guys didn't even get second contracts with their original teams lol. I'm not saying you can't get a great RB in the first round. Obviously you can. It just doesn't really matter if you do. Especially when you see guys like Pacheco getting plugged in and look great.

Most of those guys didn't even get second contracts with their original teams lol. I'm not saying you can't get a great RB in the first round. Obviously you can. It just doesn't really matter if you do. Especially when you see guys like Pacheco getting plugged in and look great.
I don’t really get the love for Pacheco. He really seems marginal at best, zero flash, doesn’t look like he has an ability to take over a game in the rare occasion Mahomes were to struggle.

If anything, I say that products of Mahomes are what KC can put out there, any team without Mahomes as QB doesnt get that luxury.

Is there a generational WR that could be there at 11?
We do have Burks and it has been pointed out Woods is a good #2, he was coming off an ACL and all the other sh*t our offense showed us.

Woods cost too much and there are cheaper replacements by draft or free agency for his production.

I may be misreading but are you against OL top 15 always or just this year?

second, quick reminder that THill is not far removed from just 1 season ago beating Mahomes, Allen, Lawrence (2x), and lost to Burrow (2x now) by less than a TD. Your entire point regarding this is invalid. THill is better than you give credit and short memories are why people always try to jump to QB for every fix.

This year.

Woods cost too much and there are cheaper replacements by draft or free agency for his production.
Woods
already under contract and I cant think of any particular thing he did bad other than all the FC inside the 20 as a PR.. but probably should not have been returning punts... another issue robinson refused to address

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t really get the love for Pacheco. He really seems marginal at best, zero flash, doesn’t look like he has an ability to take over a game in the rare occasion Mahomes were to struggle.

If anything, I say that products of Mahomes are what KC can put out there, any team without Mahomes as QB doesnt get that luxury.
He is really good and only gets 10 to 12 touches a game. If the Chiefs win the bowl he has to get 15 to 18 touches. They run Mckinnon to much

Pacheco did well...and I agree they went to McKinnon too much after Pacheco was getting decent runs. He's full of energy which is why the Chiefs like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back