Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
“He looks like he’s making” … if they draft another QB he is gone.
Not sure they even have to draft another QB.

If he was strictly a JRob pick, he’s probably gone already but since it costs almost nothing to have him around, I can’t sense any urgency to get rid of him.
Might even have no problem planning on stashing him on the PS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kelly came out of the gates with a miss. This goes down with the worst starts ever, like when John Elway mispronounced Case Keenum's name at the opening press conference for his new qb. It was bad. Tone deaf. And defensive. Inexperienced. PIVOT.

I'm starting to get the draft time excitement and optimisms, then I'm quickly reminded that whomever we draft, will be "coached" by Tim Kelly, Rob Moore, that "new" OL guy, and some made-up analyst/coordinator roles by guys who have not coached their respective positions before.

A headline like "Titans... interest in WR's Tyler Scott and Tre Tucker", quickly turns excitement into a buzzkill when I read "Titans have scheduled a virtual Meeting with Scott that will be conducted by WR coach Rob Moore".

I don't t care who the OC is anymore. Until the Tirans show they can use a WR to his strengths and make a game plan that relies on those strengths, I refuse to let myself get that off-season optimism about any WR we draft or acquire. We have absolutely sucked at using wr for years regardless of coaching QB or GM. Even AJB was clearly being used too much as a blocker and not enough as a big play threat as we saw last year.

They have to prove it first, then I'll begin to dream of what WR we can draft or pick up in FA.

I don't t care who the OC is anymore. Until the Tirans show they can use a WR to his strengths and make a game plan that relies on those strengths, I refuse to let myself get that off-season optimism about any WR we draft or acquire. We have absolutely sucked at using wr for years regardless of coaching QB or GM. Even AJB was clearly being used too much as a blocker and not enough as a big play threat as we saw last year.

They have to prove it first, then I'll begin to dream of what WR we can draft or pick up in FA.

If Tim Kelly is allowed to run his offense the Titans will have never passed more.

They can’t all be Nate Washingtons and Delanie Walkers

maybe we’ll draft a Kendall Wright

I’m not sure. But that’s why I said IF
That's pretty much most of us fans, buddy. Downing sucked, no doubt, but did ok on the 1st or 2nd designed plays on most games.

This season will show how much Vrabel had to do with it, unless he allows his OC to sink or swim.

That's pretty much most of us fans, buddy. Downing sucked, no doubt, but did ok on the 1st or 2nd designed plays on most games.

This season will show how much Vrabel had to do with it, unless he allows his OC to sink or swim.
I’m thinking tread..

https://www.youtube.com/live/fGIgWB-XByQ?feature=share

Never watched this guy before, but he covers some interesting quotes coming from players about the new offense. I will remain skeptical until I actually see it. This may just be fuel for more unwarranted off season optimism. I guess we will see.

Edit: sorry to bring back this dead thread. Didn't see a good spot to put this link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Never watched this guy before, but he covers some interesting quotes coming from players about the new offense. I will remain skeptical until I actually see it. This may just be fuel for more unwarranted off season optimism. I guess we will see.

Edit: sorry to bring back this dead thread. Didn't see a good spot to put this link.

I couldn't listen to that guy for more than 2 mins... But it does sound good that they're learning a new offense.

Biggest takeaway from that video:
Tannehill, Brewer, and Chig all said it’s a new offense and new playbook and a big difference is speed. They want to run a lot of plays and move in and out of the huddle very quickly.
Doesn’t necessarily mean we will pass more, but it could.

If nothing else, the new terminology part should help because we've been hearing for 2 years that guys who have gone to other teams knew our calls and were giving them to their team, and we still didn't change them.

Also, "new routes", I hope that means we see less of our WR running a route that the DB knows better than they do where to be.

If nothing else, the new terminology part should help because we've been hearing for 2 years that guys who have gone to other teams knew our calls and were giving them to their team, and we still didn't change them.

Also, "new routes", I hope that means we see less of our WR running a route that the DB knows better than they do where to be.
An absolute detriment to a key game being pinned entirely on THill, when a key INT was because Firkser gave away the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back