Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulton shut down many of the drafts top receivers at the college level. I really believe a healthy Fulton going through a full camp will make a difference. I am guessing Jackson gets a new contract and maybe it’s King who handles the slot, and a new guy or two through FA and the draft. I believe the defense will undergo a major overhaul and I am more than OK with that. Can’t be worse than last year’s steaming pile.

NFL network just said that we did not even try to restructure Butler, it was just a cut. If we are keeping Adoree, surely we sign him to some kind of deal that does not count 10.2 million against the cap. He is just not worth it.

NFL network just said that we did not even try to restructure Butler, it was just a cut. If we are keeping Adoree, surely we sign him to some kind of deal that does not count 10.2 million against the cap. He is just not worth it.
I would imagine so. Probably a 4 year deal that spreads out bonus and brings him in around 6-7 per year and I bet escapable in the final year.

I think when we drafted Fulton the plan was always to cut Butler after this past season and start Adoree and Fulton next year. Even though Adoree and Fulton were both injured last year, I think the plan stays the same.

Butler isn't a shutdown corner I agree and he was overpaid from the start. I liked his toughness and experience but I guess his cap might be used better elsewhere, we'll see.
I would ALMOST pay Butler that $14M for his effort alone. At times last season he looked like the only one trying out there.

I am a little shocked by the move, but that’s over the top. You do realize Jackson was injured last season? They aren’t playing games right now #1 and you don’t know what moves are yet to be made with a ton of FA CBs about to hit the market. But the truth is our secondary wasn’t the problem, it was lack of pass rush.

Let’s see what they do. Looks like this team, especially on Defense is about to get a lot younger.
I thought you said no cap casualties

I will say this, it is a very good year for corners in the draft.

Who says that?

Everyone that I listen to says that Farley has Jalen Ramsey potential and Surtain is one of the most polished guys in recent years and it is kind of trash after that. They are saying that a lot of the 2nd and 3rd round types are projects.

I do like Fulton, but this is really scary. Butler seemed like the only one with fight in him at times. That's going to be hard to replace.

Decent Younger Free Agent CB’s that would be cheaper than Butler:

William Jackson III
Desmond King
Mile Hilton
Shaquille Griffin
Troy Hill
Chidobe Awuze
Brian Poole
Quinton Dunbar
Ronald Darby
Jason Varrett
Makensie Alexander
Gareon Conely

This all day. Given how many free agents there will and the cap issues that will drive prices down this move is a no brainer. We will get a CB that is as good for cheaper. I would expect this to happen at a number of positions.

So having cheaper players is going to help?

Can you honestly say Butler was part of the reason we couldn’t get a 3rd down stop?

Dude, many players as good or better will be available for cheaper. The league cap situation guarantees this. It is the right move.

Dude, many players as good or better will be available for cheaper. The league cap situation guarantees this. It is the right move.

Free agents are always a wild card. You can’t guarantee they will be better. Remember Clowney and Beasley were supposed to be better pass rushers than what we had in 2019...

Free agents are always a wild card. You can’t guarantee they will be better. Remember Clowney and Beasley were supposed to be better pass rushers than what we had in 2019...

Sure. But this year it is just the gamble that makes sense. If you get a likely comparable player for less, likely a good bit less you do it. That lets you add more players. And no guarantees that you get the same production out of Butler at his age. The wheels will fall off at some point.

Sure. But this year it is just the gamble that makes sense. If you get a likely comparable player for less, likely a good bit less you do it. That lets you add more players. And no guarantees that you get the same production out of Butler at his age. The wheels will fall off at some point.
Butler could move to safety and go a little longer. But, we were never gonna pay him 14 mil, and I’m sure we knew that last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back