Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanos22, not move to safety with us. In general as other aging corners have done. I think we were planning to dump Butler all along because of the salary hit. Not really a WTF moment here.

Frankly, I think scheme was a huge part of the secondary problems. If you're going to give huge cushions and play bend don't break, you may as well let random fans play cb.

I thought you said no cap casualties

Line me up and shoot me if that’s what I said. I don’t think it is, but if I did. Oh my god. I was wrong, doesn’t bother me to be wrong, I said I was a little shocked didn’t I? Are some of you really that hung up on being right? Ever ask a girl out and she says no? Ever been gambling? Been married? You are going to be wrong. Stuff happens!

I know I said JRob would do what we needed to do to get better. Let’s see who he signs and picks on the draft.

I like Butler but he’s not worth $14mill. And after last years disaster of a defense drastic moves and changes are warranted.

Also, keep in mind that a solid pass rush makes even an average secondary look way better. We HAVE to improve our pass rush more than we need to pay an aging CB $14million.

One of those things you hate to see, but we had him at the wrong end of 20...

But JROB better hit a home run with the pass rush this offseason, because you just cut your pass defense basically....

Because he was the only good player in the secondary last year!

No he wasn’t. The secondary as a unit was average, not horrible. When you factor in the total lack of pass rush they did pretty good. They just weren’t as bad as some of you think. If you give any NFL QB as much time as they got they will beat you, CB isnt a hard position. It starts with pressure on the QB. An average secondary can look all world with an above average pass rush. Look at the top ranked secondaries.... I’ll bet you they have a great pass rush. Well, don’t bet me... I already know. If we fix the pass rush we won’t miss Malcolm.

I am a little shocked by the move, but that’s over the top. You do realize Jackson was injured last season? They aren’t playing games right now #1 and you don’t know what moves are yet to be made with a ton of FA CBs about to hit the market. But the truth is our secondary wasn’t the problem, it was lack of pass rush.

Let’s see what they do. Looks like this team, especially on Defense is about to get a lot younger.

Agree with most of this - pass rush was the main problem but our secondary was still trash no more how you slice it. All of it needs to be addressed and obviously will now with Butler gone

One of those things you hate to see, but we had him at the wrong end of 20...

But JROB better hit a home run with the pass rush this offseason, because you just cut your pass defense basically....

There will be a lot of free agent CBS out there for a lot cheaper than 14 mill. We will likely sign one. Then have money to improve the pass rush too.

No he wasn’t. The secondary as a unit was average, not horrible. When you factor in the total lack of pass rush they did pretty good. They just weren’t as bad as some of you think. If you give any NFL QB as much time as they got they will beat you, CB isnt a hard position. It starts with pressure on the QB. An average secondary can look all world with an above average pass rush. Look at the top ranked secondaries.... I’ll bet you they have a great pass rush. Well, don’t bet me... I already know. If we fix the pass rush we won’t miss Malcolm.

but we’ve been missing that pass rush for 12 years

We have Jackson and Fulton. That gives us a little over 20 million in cap space before any other moves (Vaccaro is next, imo). I think we'll end up with over 30 million to play with, which should allow us to re-sign Brown, Smith, and CD if we wanted to, with left over to sign a good Edge. I don't that will happen, but the flexibility is there if we wanted it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back