Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don’t need good to win a SB. You need safe,

The Tennessee mold is Defense, Derrick henry (or replacements), and not turning green the ball over.

They do that, they win most of their games including among the best.
Ok then…..HE SUCKS!
I see pages of you defending him in this thread. It’s your opinion and your right to that opinion, but enough excuses already.
Merry Christmas

disagree strongly.
One of the key arguments to THill’s talents are because Henry isnt in the lineup.

When he comes back, and defenses stack the box again, it leaves bigger windows for THill to make safer throws.

Bottom line, incomplete passes and tackles on 3rd short of a first would have won today’s game. Instead, players chose to give the ball to Pit and keep Kern off the field. The D played outstanding.
Come off it bro. Tannehill looked a shell of himself before Henry got hurt and it only got worse and continues to do so without him. Your posts are full of if this happened we would have won the game. Well guess what the should haves didn’t happen and we lost. The Titans are a disaster on offense

We are playing ugly. It's OK when you're winning (vs Saints, vs Rams) but really we have been unwatchable as an offense for weeks now.

No quality receiving skill players, no OL pass protection, crazy amount of turnovers makes for miserable viewing.

The defense must be sick after that loss as they have been playing well. I just hope we hold on for a playoff birth but at this point I have been a fan long enough to know that anything is possible.

We aren't going anywhere the way things are either way until Henry and AJ are back.

Last edited by a moderator:
He way outplayed his ceiling two years ago. He did again last year.

His ceiling isnt the problem. You expecting him to be as good as Mahomes, Brady, or Rodgers is a problem.

Not recognizing you don’t need any of those guys is a problem. All You need is a Flacco, you need a Foles, you need a 2015 P Manning.

The D is who is going to win. It’s not THill.
The D can win win it.
…..AND TANNEHILL CAN CERTAINLY LOSE IT!

So why does he need to be a starter? Why does he need to be on the team with a huge contract?
He doesn’t, either of those questions.
I don’t think woodside is safe though. I’d say THill is the much better option between the two,
He’s probably overpaid. Can’t change that now but those last couple years got him the contract in addition to what contracts around the league go for with QB.

Ok then…..HE SUCKS!
I see pages of you defending him in this thread. It’s your opinion and your right to that opinion, but enough excuses already.
Merry Christmas
Well that’s a lie.

I’ve said nothing different in this thread than any other thread regarding THill. Saying he wasn’t the problem isn’t the same as saying he’s better than he is. I’ve never said he’s anything more than a top 10 guy even over the past couple years. If anything, you’ll find my posts saying I thought he was outplaying his talents and that his numbers would average back out. Well they have,

We are playing ugly. It's OK when you're winning (Saints, Rams) but really we have been unwatchable as an offense for weeks now.

No quality receiving skill players, no OL pass protection, crazy amount of turnovers makes for miserable viewing.

The defense must be sick after that loss as they have been playing well. I just hope we hold on for a playoff birth but at this point I have been a fan long enough to know that anything is possible.

We aren't going anywhere the way things are either way until Henry and AJ are back.
The saints have won one game since Winston went down lol what are you talking about

Tannehill is not playing well, but what did he have to work with out there today? A WR who has a chronic hamstring injury who again existed a game early . The other WR's are no better than 4/5 on most teams (NWI lined up as the #2 receiver today for crying out loud). A TE group led by Firsker who might be the biggest disappointment on the team this season. While Jonnu isn't putting up great numbers, this team certainly misses his blocking abilities. Furthermore, the offensive line is hot garbage in pass protection. Brewer was abused all game long by Hayward and Jones had to provide more and more help to him as the game progressed. Davis/Quissenberry were also worked by Watt pretty well. The only lineman who can actually pass block, Lewan, wasn't stellar as well. Tannehill literally had no pocket and no time to throw today. The only real positive on offense has been the combination of Foreman and Hilliard, players who were only signed a couple of weeks ago.

Can Tannehill play better? Sure. His passes this season have had a tendency to sail on him and his ball placement hasn't been nearly as accurate. He also needs to learn to take some sacks instead of throwing a costly INT.

Of course, Downing isn't absolved of fault either. This game was begging for a run heavy offense because of the Steelers being so porous defending the run and the Titans problems in pass protection. But each time this team had the ground game going, Downing went right to long developing PA passes that didn't fool the Steelers (likely because they knew the offensive line would never hold up). On the season, Downing has failed to develop any sort of short/quick passing game. The screen game is lackluster. The teams passing offense is entirely dependent on those long developing PA passes without AJ.

Look at today. Brewer got eaten alive leaving Tannehill no time to hit Julio for a TD. NWI trips and then drops a long pass from Tannehill. Julio doesn't run a great route on zero coverage and Tannehill can't get the ball to him....then the turnovers. Offense has a shit ton of problems that aren't just Tannehill. Getting AJ back, and maybe Henry will help some. But the offense has no depth and a piss poor o-line in pass protection. Tannehill hasn't been spectacular, but the offense has a whole has been problematic all season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that’s a lie.

I’ve said nothing different in this thread than any other thread regarding THill. Saying he wasn’t the problem isn’t the same as saying he’s better than he is. I’ve never said he’s anything more than a top 10 guy even over the past couple years. If anything, you’ll find my posts saying I thought he was outplaying his talents and that his numbers would average back out. Well they have,

There are multiple, multiple posts from you defending and excusing him.
Me saying he sucks is my opinion.
So…. Not sure what the “lie” is but thanks and you do you.

Tanny sucked with Aj out there along with Henry.
Let’s first overlook his last two season’s body of work to point out how wrong this statement is and use just this year.

Henry went out week 8 against Indy, I’m counting that as a “pre-Henry injury”

8 games before Henry goes down
250 YPG 10 TD/ 7 INT. 20 rush YPG and 3 TD Avg team score, 28 PPG

6 games after Henry
186 YPG 4 TD/ 7 INT, 13 rush YPG and 4 TD. Avg team score, 18.3 PPG.

Yea. Henry leaving had zero affect on THill.
:sarcasm:

Please don’t just say things, look them up. You’ll not only be accurate but you won’t help push stupid, incorrect narratives.

Vrable - Turnovers the issue
I’ve had enough of him. He didn’t have his team prepared to protect the football. That should’ve been the main message all week. If it was and it still was an issue, then these guys are an absolute joke.

Tannehill is not playing well, but what did he have to work with out there today? A WR who has a chronic hamstring injury who again existed a game early . The other WR's are no better than 4/5 on most teams (NWI lined up as the #2 receiver today for crying out loud). A TE group led by Firsker who might be the biggest disappointment on the team this season. While Jonnu isn't putting up great numbers, this team certainly misses his blocking abilities. Furthermore, the offensive line is hot garbage in pass protection. Brewer was abused all game long by Hayward and Jones had to provide more and more help to him as the game progressed. Davis/Quissenberry were also worked by Watt pretty well. The only lineman who can actually pass block, Lewan, wasn't stellar as well. Tannehill literally had no pocket and no time to throw today. The only real positive on offense has been the combination of Foreman and Hilliard, players who were only signed a couple of weeks ago.

Can Tannehill play better? Sure. His passes this season have had a tendency to sail on him and his ball placement hasn't been nearly as accurate. He also needs to learn to take some sacks instead of throwing a costly INT.

Of course, Downing isn't absolved of fault either. This game was begging for a run heavy offense because of the Steelers being so porous defending the run and the Titans problems in pass protection. But each time this team had the ground game going, Downing went right to long developing PA passes that didn't fool the Steelers (likely because they knew the offensive line would never hold up). On the season, Downing has failed to develop any sort of short/quick passing game. The screen game is lackluster. The teams passing offense is entirely dependent on those long developing PA passes without AJ.

Look at today. Brewer got eaten alive leaving Tannehill no time to hit Julio for a TD. NWI trips and then drops a long pass from Tannehill. Julio doesn't run a great route on zero coverage and Tannehill can't get the ball to him....then the turnovers. Offense has a **** ton of problems that aren't just Tannehill. Getting AJ back, and maybe Henry will help some. But the offense has no depth and a piss poor o-line in pass protection. Tannehill hasn't been spectacular, but the offense has a whole has been problematic all season.

Same excuses we made for MM8 for 3 years. Rinse and repeat. Time for a new argument.

Our offense is trash. Most of the players wouldn't even make it on another team.
Julio hurt again. That was a wasted 2nd round pick we are going to miss to help retool some areas next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back