Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is really disappointing is that we trusted Tannehill to deliver game winning drives when needed, it was believable, but this year, he's totally whiffed in several games that could have easily been won. Against teams willing to give it to us too. Trust is gone. Confidence is gone. And I don't know how he gets it back.

Basically, Henry should get the MVP because not one Titan is any good without him. One player can control an entire game. See Brady. See Henry. The idea that it's a team game is dead to me.

It really, REALLY sucks to lose to the Steelers. But we are still OK and on track for return of our key offensive personnel.

We are probably going to see much of the same offensive ineptness Thursday against the 49ers. But then we have a 10 day break before the Dolphins and Texans. Hopefully we see AJB, Saffold, Jones and even DH22 get significant snaps in the last game against to get up to speed.

We REALLY need to win those last two to get some home playoff games.

Firkser fumble sucked. Great punch out, we gotta prevent that.

The Tanny interception was just an uninspiring play call. We were getting destroyed up the middle and they were blitzing, so he had to throw early. Charlton was playing contain and made a great play. Some people criticized Lewan for not engaging the DE, but how many times have you seen an OT charge forward on a pass play?

McMath fumble sucked. Inexperienced guy trying to make things happen. Plus his shin was down.

Tanny snap fumble. Routine play probably somewhat influenced by all the interior pressure they were getting. I'm sure Jones was trying to get a good first step.

People criticize NWI for not running past the marker. Steelers were playing zone and sitting on the marker. NWI took what they gave him. You really think Haden doesn't get an easy pick or at least bat that ball down if NWI tries to run right to him? And if that happens, it is Tanny's fault for throwing into coverage.

I'm not defending them or making excuses. It is what it is. Our line is outmatched and we are currently putting a bunch of 4.6 or slower gritty special team guys at WR that aren't going to beat anybody one on one. I think Julio can still be a great #2 paired with AJ, but I don't think he is opening up the field for anyone else this season. We are going to have to grind out any win we can get.

Basically, Henry should get the MVP because not one Titan is any good without him. One player can control an entire game. See Brady. See Henry. The idea that it's a team game is dead to me.
That's a very good point, how do you know someone is MVP if the team hasn't had to play without them? We see that with losing Henry ..we lost our best player, our heart and soul, our identity.
Would Indy be playing the same without Taylor? Taylor was playing when they were 3-5 so how is he a MVP?
Just because Henry is out doesn't take the MVP away from him..it just highlights it more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back