Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
well its clearly not supposed to be reality cause that would be guardsmen not military. (I know the guard is military but the guard would be older and less military looking due to being civilians 50 weeks of the year)

I never claimed any expertise involving made up zombie threats.

I just dont believe for a moment the military would treat American civilians in a callous way.

And one of the things they would do would be share information that they had. Why would they not.

Again background things not being revealed could be driving what I see as heavy handed treatment of civilians.

And driving golfballs into neighbor's homes is pretty real callous.

Military people are not infallible. You don't think a callous person could make his way up in rank?

You don't need to experience military action to get command. So, yeah... an asshole is in charge of that zone and found some golf equipment one day...

Not farfetched at all, really.

Well i just watched the new Heroes show.. and it was ok more of the same really. Although i could live without the stupid video game power the Japanese chick has.

That power is hard to follow...
I mean what were they even thinking with that shit? It might not even be that bad if it wasn't for the fact the animation looks like a early 2000s cheap Chinese ripoff of a Pixar movie. I can't believe it made it through development without some one going this is stupid lets not.

She sheaths the sword when inside the building, in the game... and appears in the building. Kinda cool.

However, when she first fights those guys in the town... she sheaths the sword and is... in her room?

Uh...

Yeah now that you mention it that is pretty strange.. also why is her power only activated by the unsheathing of the sword? Could it be any sword or just that one it seems kind of off.

The comic Joker's name is Jack Napier. Dunno why this is a problem...I can easily see Jerome changing to Jack in adulthood.
No it isn't. That's his name in Burton's movie.

Only until somewhat recent has the name "Jack" been mentioned toward him. DC has avoided naming him, for most of his existence.

Yeah now that you mention it that is pretty strange.. also why is her power only activated by the unsheathing of the sword? Could it be any sword or just that one it seems kind of off.
Also... she was pretty skilled when she sheathed the sword, in the real world...

I believe he was named "Napier" as a homage to the actor who played The Joker on the old series... or something like that.
Yep. I think he has been called Jack in the comics before but his identity/back story has been left largely ambiguous.

As for Gotham, I really don't mind that they gave him a name and back story. It's obviously meant to be its own thing and not super tied into the comic world/mythology. I mean, Riddler works for Gotham PD. Bruce, Selina and Poison Ivy all knew each other as kids. Etc.

I guess it might be safe to assume this is more of an "Elseworlds" story.

The parts are there, but the story is arranged differently or something similar.

Just feel like it was originally proposed as a, sort of, beginning to the Batman mythology.

If it is its own thing, fine with me... it's enjoyable watching Gordon work.

I guess it might be safe to assume this is more of an "Elseworlds" story.

The parts are there, but the story is arranged differently or something similar.

Just feel like it was originally proposed as a, sort of, beginning to the Batman mythology.

If it is its own thing, fine with me... it's enjoyable watching Gordon work.
Yeah ill admit it didn't end up being anything like I was expecting. But I still enjoy it for what it is.

On a slightly related topic, Kevin Smith does a podcast called Fatman on Batman. He had Paul Dini on one episode and they out of the blue created a pitch for a show where Bruce is a teenager and attending a private academy. I thought it was actually a REALLY cool idea for a CW-esque show lol.

I know I've probably said it like 9 times already, but holy s*** this kid playing Joker on Gotham is so on point. I honestly think he's the truest to the comic's version of Joker that's ever been put on the screen.

Gotham is getting really good imo.

rewatched Fear the walking dead.

yes the military did in fact have a backstory that explained why they were such dicks.

Cobalt

when that is plan B you cant afford to get close to anyone

Finished watching the first season of Gotham on Netflix. Pretty awesome, but the young Bruce Wayne/cat woman story lines kinda bug me. Gordon has always been an underrated badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back