Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's currently a dedicated WD thread, arguably the hottest show on television, and no one even uses it.

Last post in the WD thread was in April.
WD posts are pretty much exclusive to this thread now - and of course subject to early die off via SH choke out.
Again, whatever - until forum member turnover or trends dictate a change, TV outside of SH content won't get a lot of play here.

I think it's more the fact that apparently the most active posters in this thread like superhero shows and have that in common. So it's what ends up getting discussed the most. If people would actually start talking about other hot/popular shows maybe that wouldn't be the case... or at least not as much.

As for the bolded, I see where you're coming from. The problem is as long as there's a generic "TV show" thread those other shows/topics are inevitably always going to creep back in. There's currently a dedicated WD thread, arguably the hottest show on television, and no one even uses it.
To go a little deeper into this, I think the fact that most superhero shows are rather absurd by nature also plays a big part in feeding the discussion. There is almost always some new villain or revelation to talk about after each and every episode. So while they may not necessarily be the highest quality shows on television, they are still fun to discuss.

Also many of us grew up on these characters and it's super cool to finally see them being done justice in movie/TV formats. Regardless of the reasons, these shows are really popular right now. It is what it is.

Winder Twin powers activate! Shape of Sawdust - Form of Gunnery Sgt.
Lookout criminals!
latest

Just finished binge-watching the first season of Legends. Pretty solid show. There was some CSI/24 cheese, but it also went in some unexpected directions. Season 2 looks to be darker and more 'cable-esque'. Worth looking into during this apparent dead time for quality TV.
According to some on here... all that is talked about is super hero shows - although the majority of posts in the last three or 4 pages are about other tv shows.

So, I guess all posts are about super heroes...

To go a little deeper into this, I think the fact that most superhero shows are rather absurd by nature also plays a big part in feeding the discussion. There is almost always some new villain or revelation to talk about after each and every episode. So while they may not necessarily be the highest quality shows on television, they are still fun to discuss.

Also many of us grew up on these characters and it's super cool to finally see them being done justice in movie/TV formats. Regardless of the reasons, these shows are really popular right now. It is what it is.
Also... they are tv shows.

If the others want to discuss all the others shows out there, please do... instead of bitching.

So.... FARGO season 2 is turning out to be pretty f'n great.
War is coming. The Gerhardt Family is a true spectacle. Been a fan of Angus Sampson for a while (check out 100 Bloody Acres) and I hope he gets some more face time, though the Burn Notice guy is pretty great in the main role so far.
And Kirsten Dunst finally gets to act again..

You're just trying to make a point that isn't there.

LOL - that's exactly what you are doing.
I suggested splitting Soops TV from the TV thread so other TV could breathe.
Both would maintain - but not if done visa versa.
Has nothing to do with "all that is talked about is super hero shows" and I never said that.

Soops deserve a thread - and I fully acknowledge that. Popularity dictates it.

But more specifically I have said Soops choke out the discussion about other shows (and that is fact) and that there is a group of members who specifically Soop-troll any attempt at working around it (again - fact).
It is what is and we'll continue as is until the trend slows or member turnover dictates it.

War is coming. The Gerhardt Family is a true spectacle. Been a fan of Angus Sampson for a while (check out 100 Bloody Acres) and I hope he gets some more face time, though the Burn Notice guy is pretty great in the main role so far.
Keep on meaning to watch that but never have. At this point it might be one I just wait for to be over then binge watch in short order.

Loved the beginning of last episode with Saul from bsg being awesome.

Finished my annual viewing of Band of Brothers.

Easily in my top 5 of all-time.

That show is so good, glad I own the physical copy. Would not believe how many people who have recently gotten HBO Go/Now and haven't even thought of watching it. Sopranos? Wire? Silicon Valley? True Detective? All great choices but Band of Brothers is never mentioned.

Flash and Agents of Shield had very strong episodes last night and are both progressing very well. The writing in both shows has really improved compared to last season. Can't even predict what is going to happen in the second half of both seasons and that's great.

Another good episode from Gotham, I'm a newish fan so I can't put it above Flash and Shield yet, but I'm loving the Riddler arc.

Dream team tonight, Green Arrow and Constantine. It's finally our time @Tennessy XO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back