Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daredevil S2:
Berthal's Frank Castle/Punisher is excellent. D'onofrio's Fisk is still excellent. Stairway fight was excellent...had to top S1's hallway fight, I suppose.
Elektra storyline is less engaging, and she makes Murdoch look too much like the weaker Oliver Queen. The Hand's troops are like Ninja Imperial Stormtroopers, and scenes with them take the quality of the show down a notch. The thing that made Netflix's treatment so great in S1 was that there wasn't too much suspension of disbelief; The Hand is begging you to remember that this is a comic adaptation.
Bout to watch the finale; but so far this season is all about Frank Castle, and Jon Berthal is bringin' it.

Has anyone else given Vinyl a try? I can't see myself giving it a second season.

Musically and historically it's a bit of a mess - but the cast is strong and the direction/writing could very well improve dramatically considering who they have on that team.
It is kinda disappointing that Nasty Bits is apparently an amalgamation of The Dead Boys, Stooges and whoever considering the show is based in '73 and is just a few short years from CBGB's, which could be a high point for the series.
And yeah, that band doesn't exist in 73 either way..

Just finished the Season 3 finale of Black Sails. A dramatic mixture of real-life pirates and well known fictional characters from Treasure Island.
Very good large-scale show that finally moved into battle stages..
We lost a favorite character or two but the pirates are starting to live up to their names.
Wish I could see Season 4 now!

Daredevil S2:
Berthal's Frank Castle/Punisher is excellent. D'onofrio's Fisk is still excellent. Stairway fight was excellent...had to top S1's hallway fight, I suppose.
Elektra storyline is less engaging, and she makes Murdoch look too much like the weaker Oliver Queen. The Hand's troops are like Ninja Imperial Stormtroopers, and scenes with them take the quality of the show down a notch. The thing that made Netflix's treatment so great in S1 was that there wasn't too much suspension of disbelief; The Hand is begging you to remember that this is a comic adaptation.
Bout to watch the finale; but so far this season is all about Frank Castle, and Jon Berthal is bringin' it.
Stairwell fight was phenomenal. Kicked it to 11 since it was a tracking shot.

Still slogging my way through Daredevil season 2... 6 episodes in. IDK what it is but it just isn't getting its hooks in me like season 1 did.

Watched Flaked. It's pretty "meh" for about 4 episodes, but I loved the other half of the season.

Don't go into it thinking it'll be typical Will Arnett. He actually gets to act in this, and the twist is great.

Done with season 1 of Curb. Kinda hard to binge, his voice and personality kinda takes a grind on you. Will probably get into season 2 tomorrow.

Arrow Bites The Big One

Okay, I know most of.you have dropped it already and I haven't actually seen last night's episode but it looks like Guggenheim finally went full retard:

Laurel is stabbed to death, briefly proclaims her secret love to Oliver, and then makes the death all about Olicity by talking about Olicity while dying.

Okay, done with it now.

That show is so horrible.

Thing is, it's one thing for a show to be horrible; it's quite another to start out good and continually become exponentially more horrible with no chance of turning it around. When it finally crashes, Mark Guggenheim should be blacklisted and never allowed to write again.

Missed last 4 episodes of Arrow now and it's officially off my DVR list. First 2 seasons were really good, 3rd I gave the benefit of the doubt it could bounce back, and then this happened....

Just like Hydra, when you cut off one head (Arrow) two more will take its place (Luke Cage, Marvel's Most Wanted).

Arrow Bites The Big One

Okay, I know most of.you have dropped it already and I haven't actually seen last night's episode but it looks like Guggenheim finally went full retard:

Laurel is stabbed to death, briefly proclaims her secret love to Oliver, and then makes the death all about Olicity by talking about Olicity while dying.

Okay, done with it now.
Oooh happy days oh.happy days!!! Oh happy days!!!!

Arrow Bites The Big One

Okay, done with it now.

Lots of people jumped ship after that.

@GoT Did you check out The Last Kingdom? The second episode premiers

Not having Shane was a big let down. And I agree, way too much crazy Abi.

YES

I have the season finale to go.

like it a lot.

Like Vikings I have zero clue about historical accuracy, but it appears they give it a little thought anyways. Some of the background stuff appears to be reenactors. Of course I am just guessing.

really liked the justice Uhtred dished out to the corrupt 'warden'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back