Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's everyone think about this season of AHS? @CRUDS ?

I guess this first "story" is in the books. Overall I liked it. I thought the way it ended was a bit weak though.

Flash: I agree that the "Butterfly Effect" storyline is tiresome, and I hope that ends.
AHS: Are they short story mix tapes now? I've only seen the first season because I get tired of the story about 1/3 of the way through. Never finished "Asylum" and "Coven"; never started "Freak Show" or "Hotel".

AHS: Are they short story mix tapes now? I've only seen the first season because I get tired of the story about 1/3 of the way through. Never finished "Asylum" and "Coven"; never started "Freak Show" or "Hotel".
This season is. I think there's been 5 episodes so far and it just concluded the first story. Assuming there will be 2 more stories.

Yes. First 2 seasons, Blood and Sand and Gods of Arena were great. Wasn't as good after Andy Whitfield (who played Spartacus in Blood and Sand) died. John Hannah who played Batiatus really stole the show imo. You can maybe skip seasons 3 and 4.

And @rekirts

I have given season 3 a chance and am happy I did. Love that big fire scene in the gladiator arena.

And @rekirts

I have given season 3 a chance and am happy I did. Love that big fire scene in the gladiator arena.

I enjoyed season 3 a lot as well. Did as good as job as you can hope for when you need to replace the main guy. Thought it closed a lot of the plot points and felt like a good place to stop watching.

Haven't tried season 4 and haven't really felt the need to watch it.

I enjoyed season 3 a lot as well. Did as good as job as you can hope for when you need to replace the main guy. Thought it closed a lot of the plot points and felt like a good place to stop watching.

Haven't tried season 4 and haven't really felt the need to watch it.

Well, I mean you know what is going to happen in the end :)

I just started season 4 and it is interesting how they are portraying Crassus.

3.5 seasons into Bojack Horseman. This is a great show. As you would expect, it has absurd characters and situations with plenty of animal gags but deals with issues of lives gone wrong and the consequences of bad decisions. It really seems like this was the product of a comedy writer who just got out of rehab and is hitting 12-Step meetings on the daily.
The big down side is the character of Todd, created and voiced by executive co-producer Aaron Paul. Drawn to look like his Jesse character from Breaking Bad, Todd is the obligatory Incredibly Stupid And Oblivious character in all adult animated sitcoms. I hate them in every other show, and I hate him even worse in this one...Peter Griffin is actually funny in cutaways while Homer Simpson actually has some redeeming qualities, but Todd is just a really bad, unending Kato Kaelin gag which contributes nothing to the story arc...and he's ALWAYS there. He's like JarJar Binks; ever-present and weapons grade stupid.
Aside from Todd, I recommend this show.

3.5 seasons into Bojack Horseman. This is a great show. As you would expect, it has absurd characters and situations with plenty of animal gags but deals with issues of lives gone wrong and the consequences of bad decisions. It really seems like this was the product of a comedy writer who just got out of rehab and is hitting 12-Step meetings on the daily.
The big down side is the character of Todd, created and voiced by executive co-producer Aaron Paul. Drawn to look like his Jesse character from Breaking Bad, Todd is the obligatory Incredibly Stupid And Oblivious character in all adult animated sitcoms. I hate them in every other show, and I hate him even worse in this one...Peter Griffin is actually funny in cutaways while Homer Simpson actually has some redeeming qualities, but Todd is just a really bad, unending Kato Kaelin gag which contributes nothing to the story arc...and he's ALWAYS there. He's like JarJar Binks; ever-present and weapons grade stupid.
Aside from Todd, I recommend this show.

I tried watching it again after that video you (i think?) posted praising it. Got through about 7 episodes and it just wasn't doing it for me.

Love Will Arnett, but this one kind of strips him down and makes him more boring than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back