Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this pick my only concern is the silly Titans will over-protect the QB have him sit for two years with tablet in hand and not get any confidence to play in real games. They have done this with high pick QB's in the past and it has killed careers- let the young player play sure he'll make mistakes now and then but guess what so do veteran QB's if you look at successful young QB's in league they didn't sit 1-2 years they got game experience early on and as a result gained needed confidence. Really hope the titan brass and coaching staff puts some slack with this kid and do not micro-manage the playing time and positive/negative results he gets

Mahomes sat a year and it helped him. Of course, I have more faith in Andy Reid and Co. Developing a QB than downing...

Step 1 is malik to learn the offense enough to at least beat out woodside and be on the active roster each week.

At that point, I'd like to see a package for him. He'd be lethal in a redzone zone read package with Henry.

And knock on wood... Tanehill has not missed any time in two years now. Can that continue?

This may be nutty, but... Anyone worry about how that plays in a locker room? Personally, I cringe away from Bible thumpers whenever I have to work with them.
I prefer that over guys like Matt Corral who’s basically Johnny Manzeil 2.0. Panthers gonna find Corral passed out drunk in the locker room one Sunday morning. No thanks.

Mahomes sat a year and it helped him. Of course, I have more faith in Andy Reid and Co. Developing a QB than downing...

Step 1 is malik to learn the offense enough to at least beat out woodside and be on the active roster each week.

At that point, I'd like to see a package for him. He'd be lethal in a redzone zone read package with Henry.

And knock on wood... Tanehill has not missed any time in two years now. Can that continue?
Brady and Rodgers both got a year to watch too.

I’m sure there’s a few examples although most teams don’t give that year.

Flip side, any way to determine all the immediate QB failures because they DIDNT sit a year?
NFL tosses QB out too quick in general to give any development time. It’s happened so often that I can’t see why teams haven’t reassessed this process and almost mandatorily have their new QB sit a year or half at least.

Brady and Rodgers both got a year to watch too.

I’m sure there’s a few examples although most teams don’t give that year.

Flip side, any way to determine all the immediate QB failures because they DIDNT sit a year?
NFL tosses QB out too quick in general to give any development time. It’s happened so often that I can’t see why teams haven’t reassessed this process and almost mandatorily have their new QB sit a year or half at least.

Its an unfortunate thing of the nfl. You only get the top qbs by being a dumpster fire. And then you really have little option but to throw the guy in a bad situation.

I just watched the presser with Jrob and vrabel. They are trying to play it off as, oh, he was just the highest player on our board. We have no thoughts whatsoever on his possible future or anything. Hilarious.

I just watched the presser with Jrob and vrabel. They are trying to play it off as, oh, he was just the highest player on our board. We have no thoughts whatsoever on his possible future or anything. Hilarious.
Tampering down expectations, as they should. This pick is a roll of the dice.

Since most QBs don’t pan out anyway, the odds are this guy will never be more than a backup. But it’s nice to have the “hope” that he could be a lot more. The potential it there, time will tell if he’s the steal of the draft or just another guy.

JRob - "He was sitting there, staring us in the face". Wouldn't you say that if it was your original pick at 90 and he was still there? lol

JRob - "He was sitting there, staring us in the face". Wouldn't you say that if it was your original pick at 90 and he was still there? lol
Prolly not. I'd show some enthusiasm.

I'm taking it at face value, he was there and they just figured "why not". If he bombs they're not out much, if he develops they got a steal.

Being religious no... Being obnoxious about it... Maybe.

I only ask because of liberty. Isn't that fallwells outfit?
I don't think he would be preaching in the locker room I wouldn't see the reason for him to do it. I will come up but a lot of guys in the NFL are religious in one way or another. I don't know jack about Liberty.

Or ya know, they're telling the truth and aren't as delusional as the fans that think that every player drafted is the next big thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back