Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this pick. Great value and I actually would have been fine with this pick in the 2nd round. Even if he doesn't end up being the next starter for us, he puts pressure on tanny immediately and we can use him in a wildcat type formation day one. I know the "wildcat" isn't something you can regularly do in the NFL, but it has its place. Also we have 3 wrs and a te that can run the ball well in addition to Willis and our rbs.

I wonder if Tim Kelly being brought in as passing game coordinator will open up the opportunity for Pat O'Hara, our QB coach, to focus more on Willis' development.

I don't know what a PGCo's responsibility is during the season but I would assume it heavily overlaps with what a QB coach would normally do during the week in helping Tannehill prepare to execute the weekly game plan.

I love this pick. Great value and I actually would have been fine with this pick in the 2nd round. Even if he doesn't end up being the next starter for us, he puts pressure on tanny immediately and we can use him in a wildcat type formation day one. I know the "wildcat" isn't something you can regularly do in the NFL, but it has its place. Also we have 3 wrs and a te that can run the ball well in addition to Willis and our rbs.

A willis red zone package is a must by seasons end. So many options. Jet sweep to burks or the new fast TE... Read option with Henry... Would just be a nightmare to defend.

This may be nutty, but... Anyone worry about how that plays in a locker room? Personally, I cringe away from Bible thumpers whenever I have to work with them.

I understand what you’re saying, and i think it results from an ineffective approach sometimes. I believe the best evangelizing is just being prayerful, seeking to be holy, and Christ-like.

The strong, humble, compassionate, and competitive teammate is the kind of teammate most athletes (and others) are drawn to. Not preaching, just being.

I have no idea re Mr Willis, but using a pejorative term like that probably doesnt do him justice, nor is it close to what a true Christian is.

I understand what you’re saying, and i think it results from an ineffective approach sometimes. I believe the best evangelizing is just being prayerful, seeking to be holy, and Christ-like.

The strong, humble, compassionate, and competitive teammate is the kind of teammate most athletes (and others) are drawn to. Not preaching, just being.

I have no idea re Mr Willis, but using a pejorative term like that probably diesnt do him justice, nor is
it close to what a true Christian is.

I agree. I personally loathe religion in all its forms, but I get that's a me issue.

I know many very religious people of several different faiths that, while I don't agree with them, I have utmost respect for.

I used the term Bible thumper for a reason. No, they aren't real Christians, but you and I know that they are numerous. Probably more numerous than the real thing.

This may be nutty, but... Anyone worry about how that plays in a locker room? Personally, I cringe away from Bible thumpers whenever I have to work with them.
Eh I think at this point people are desensitized by opinion smotherers, mostly because in the modern era you can't blink without a Woke cultist ruining everyone's day with their doctrine and demand for pervasive eggshell dodging, both online and IRL.

I find these types to be most the pious in their dogma now, especially in the workplace. Most of them lost their religion in general but not their intuition to follow and worship. We're truly in strange times - self-proclaimed, ardent atheists are totally irrational religious fanatics impervious to facts and logic.

A guy like Malik will sit there and go "praise Gawd" over and over as a response to everything, but that's about the extent of his thumping. A Wokeist literally will try to ruin your life if you don't agree with their ridiculous and ever-changing doctrine.

It's like David Foster Wallace said, everyone worships something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mahomes sat a year and it helped him. Of course, I have more faith in Andy Reid and Co. Developing a QB than downing...

Step 1 is malik to learn the offense enough to at least beat out woodside and be on the active roster each week.

At that point, I'd like to see a package for him. He'd be lethal in a redzone zone read package with Henry.

And knock on wood... Tanehill has not missed any time in two years now. Can that continue?

sitting out the 1st year to learn I'm fine with that; sitting most the 2nd year which we've seen before is not good; being overly protective of a young QB i feel is to their detriment- and it underscores why the titans haven't had a great track record of drafting and growing 1st round QB picks(young, locker, etc)

Eh I think at this point people are desensitized by opinion smotherers, mostly because in the modern era you can't blink without a Woke cultist ruining everyone's day with their doctrine and demand for pervasive eggshell dodging, both online and IRL.

I find these types to be most the pious in their dogma now, especially in the workplace. Most of them lost their religion in general but not their intuition to follow and worship. We're truly in strange times - self-proclaimed, ardent atheists are totally irrational religious fanatics impervious to facts and logic.

A guy like Malik will sit there and go "praise Gawd" over and over as a response to everything, but that's about the extent of his thumping. A Wokeist literally will try to ruin your life if you don't agree with their ridiculous and ever-changing doctrine.

It's like David Foster Wallace said, everyone worships something.

Oh you're absolutely right there. As much as I've always loathed the religious right, I loath the new religion of woke as much or more.

There are already Some Malik Willis football cards on the market, but if you can be patient, they should drop precipitously by mid-late season when he is long forgotten by just about everyone. This is one where patience will likely save you substantially.

My expectations are very tempered because history is not on Willis’s side….most mid to late rnd qbs do not turn into quality starters and even less can say they are SB champs.

sitting out the 1st year to learn I'm fine with that; sitting most the 2nd year which we've seen before is not good; being overly protective of a young QB i feel is to their detriment- and it underscores why the titans haven't had a great track record of drafting and growing 1st round QB picks(young, locker, etc)
Both young and locker didn’t sit for more than a few games. I’m not sure if we suck at developing new QB’s or do we suck at drafting good ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back