Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bull****.

You can teach technique. You can teach footwork. You can teach how to read a defense. You can teach accuracy.

You can't teach "make that guy miss, roll out, and either run it downfield with your crazy speed, or fling it 65 yards downfield.

Hes raw as hell, an needs a ton of work, but some of the highlights are jaw dropping Mahomes Allen level stuff.
Did I say that? I just said Logan Woodside is the 65th best qb in the league and that makes us number one at number three.

there are literally coaches who specialize in teaching speed... like its their speciality & Jim Bob Cooter runs a QB camp where, guess what, they teach QBs to throw the bomb

You can certainly learn how to run correctly and gain a little speed, but you can't turn a Tom Brady into a Lamar Jackson.

Similarly, you can teach a a QB to have better throwing mechanics and how to throw a better deep ball. But you can't turn Tua into Josh Allen no matter how many drills you put him through.

Bull****.

You can teach technique. You can teach footwork. You can teach how to read a defense. You can teach accuracy.

You can't teach "make that guy miss, roll out, and either run it downfield with your crazy speed, or fling it 65 yards downfield.

Hes raw as hell, an needs a ton of work, but some of the highlights are jaw dropping Mahomes Allen level stuff.
Ryan Leaf, Jake Locker, and JaMarcus Russell want to take your class.

Point to ANYONE... a single guy... Who came into the league with a weak arm and "learned" a cannon. One.

Show me a guy who came in with a 4.7 40 and learned speed?

This is the dumbest take in this forums history, and that is impressive.
Jerry Rice? Anquan Boldin? Drew Brees? Patrick Mahomes? Your take is dumb.

Bull****.

Just think if Kerry Collins had went to speed school, he could have been KC2K

Vince Young had a running ability.
Lamar jackson is constantly ragged because he has a running ability.

Mike Vick had no shortage of the same lack of post season success as THill.

These are some of the best recent QBs with “running ability”.

I’m really hoping he can pass, preferably without needing or even using said “running ability”.

Mike Vick was born about 15 years too early. OCs didn't know how adapt his skill set to NFL offenses. They just kept trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. He would dominate in today's NFL, though. The read option has allowed for unpolished, athletic QBs like Lamar, Allen, and even Hurts to have a lot of success early in their careers.

Ryan Leaf, Jake Locker, and JaMarcus Russell want to take your class.

Watch Ryan leaf on rich eisen show. He openly admits that he was a dumbass who didn't work hard enough.

Locker was improving, he just couldn't stay healthy.

Russell was not working at all and drunk on codeine syrup. You couldn't teach that guy how to do a tik tok dance.

Meanwhile Allen, like willis, was a guy from a low level school with amazing tools, but bad fundamentals and accuracy. He learned.

Mahomes fell for similar reasons. He learned.

Its all going to come down to how bad willis wants it, and how hard he's willing to work.

From what I've seen his running ability is no where near those guys you named. But he does seem to sling the ball. Now can he hit a WR?
Watching a few of his highlights, he does have an arm. Couple things I see among a lot of himself highlights, there are WR WIDE open a lot and he doesn’t slide often.

Now WR being wide open on most of those videos can be bad competition, excellent play calls, really good WR, or not a lot of highlights with war covered well. But he doesn’t seem to miss them.

Watch Ryan leaf on rich eisen show. He openly admits that he was a ******* who didn't work hard enough.

Locker was improving, he just couldn't stay healthy.

Russell was not working at all and drunk on codeine syrup. You couldn't teach that guy how to do a tik tok dance.

Meanwhile Allen, like willis, was a guy from a low level school with amazing tools, but bad fundamentals and accuracy. He learned.

Mahomes fell for similar reasons. He learned.

Its all going to come down to how bad willis wants it, and how hard he's willing to work.
All of this is true. I didn’t feel like putting in the effort to list every single QB bust who had a “high ceiling” though. History says this is a useless pick.

Watching a few of his highlights, he does have an arm. Couple things I see among a lot of himself highlights, there are WR WIDE open a lot and he doesn’t slide often.

Now WR being wide open on most of those videos can be bad competition, excellent play calls, really good WR, or not a lot of highlights with war covered well. But he doesn’t seem to miss them.

Its pretty apparent from the highlights that the "system" was "let malik run around and do crazy stuff."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back