Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
People point to the fact that he played against bad competition. Which is fair.

The flip side is he played with bad talent around him too. He was always the focal point of the defense.

Will be interesting to see what he can do with us.

LOL you guys cracking me up with Titans running specialty packages... based on what exactly?

Titans hardly ever do that... Sh1t Titans dont even run toss sweeps and yall predicting multiple plays a game with a gadget package... not gonna happen

what will happen is a late TC injury so they can hide him year 1 cause woodside is all that followed by becomming a BU in year 2 and year 3 he will be handed the keys ... no matter what
I agree with the first part. I don't think the Titans will go the Raiders route and have 2 QBs in and out....

The second part I don't agree with. He doesn't get the keys just because. He's a 3rd round QB...if he doesn't look the part of a starting QB in a few years, he'll be a back up in TN at best or off the team.

I’ve read several scouting reports that say he will struggle to learn the NFL game based on the overly simplistic system he had at Liberty. Fair or unfair, it’s out there.
I suppose that’s a bright side for him Tennessee got him.

Hike, hand the ball off, occasionally throw short to whichever guy is short of the sticks.

This draft has been super heavy on comparing guys to a former player of the team they were drafted too. Accurate or not they have been pushing this like crazy this year, kinda annoying/lazy

Think he will get the keys to the car quickly. Tanny has nobody to throw too. And Tanny will be expected to keep us above .500, but that seems implausible without Henry going into total beast mode. So some shiot is going to hit the wall later in the season, and opportunity will knock.

His footwork. The way he stands in the pocket. The way he throws it. The way he runs. Everything
Too bad none of that is true. McNair had one of the best seasons in the history of college football. Willis was average. They don’t run the same, they don’t pass the same, Willis’ footwork is crap, his pocket presence is below average. Man, I hope he proves me completely wrong, but right now I Believe this was a bad pick.

But, he’s not a modern McNair. I watched McNair in college. I went on a recruiting visit to Samford and watched him dominate. I’ve watched Willis. My brother-in-law works for Hugh Freeze at Liberty. Willis has never looked like McNair.
I know even Liberty played tougher opponents than Alcon St, but McNair was playing madden on easy, Willis was apparently on difficult.

I just love the fact that we got such a talent at pick 86 and he doesn't have to be rushed in to play.

Good character guy that is willing to learn. Let's be patient with him. He'll be fine and prove to be a massive steal.

Think he will get the keys to the car quickly. Tanny has nobody to throw too. And Tanny will be expected to keep us above .500, but that seems implausible without Henry going into total beast mode. So some shiot is going to hit the wall later in the season, and opportunity will knock.
Because AJ browns 5 TDs last year really led the Titans to a 12-5 record. Oh yeah, Henry was out half the year too. Come on now...

I just love the fact that we got such a talent at pick 86 and he doesn't have to be rushed in to play.

Good character guy that is willing to learn. Let's be patient with him. He'll be fine and prove to be a massive steal.
I hope so. But, the only reason you think we got a steal is because of the pre-draft hype. There’s a reason he slid all the way to the 3rd round. Who knows, he might have been available in the 4th.

Too bad none of that is true. McNair had one of the best seasons in the history of college football. Willis was average. They don’t run the same, they don’t pass the same, Willis’ footwork is crap, his pocket presence is below average. Man, I hope he proves me completely wrong, but right now I Believe this was a bad pick.
It’s true to everyone except you. What’s that tell you?

LOL you guys cracking me up with Titans running specialty packages... based on what exactly?

Titans hardly ever do that... Sh1t Titans dont even run toss sweeps and yall predicting multiple plays a game with a gadget package... not gonna happen

what will happen is a late TC injury so they can hide him year 1 cause woodside is all that followed by becomming a BU in year 2 and year 3 he will be handed the keys ... no matter what
Because of the difficulty level and success rate, simple plays like screens count as specialty packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back