Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol What is amazing to me is all the clowns on here who are gullible enough to believe what Vrabel is saying to the press. Since when has he EVER tipped his hand on the gameplan?? C'mon folks. He loves screwing with reporters! If you truly believe that he doesn't have his starter already picked out, then that's just on you.
Fair enough. He still doesn't have to be a dick tho

I really thought we were gonna get Rivers when he came over. Disappointing all around. We could have won a championship possibly if we had him.
I really thought Whisenhunt was a great hire and the team overall would succeed.
I was unaware of the extended amount of time he needed to prepare for games whether it was the win after a bye week or the 2 wins after a full offseason, camp, and preseason.

Like Ken Whisenhunt yea!!!

Was Wisenhunt really an offensive guru though? Seems like he was just the OC/HC where good QBs were. Doesn't seem like there was anything especially exciting or modern about those offenses. Not to mention, those were some really, really bad Titans teams. I think the first year J-Rob took over, he jettisoned like 60% of the team. But I digress.

I want an offensive guru that actually employs an offensive style from this century. Not someone that wants to give Henry and Spears 30+ carries every game and have game managers at QB.

I really feel like if we win this one, Henry stays and we try to salvage the season. If we lose this one, Henry is a Raven by lunchtime on Monday.

I really feel like if we win this one, Henry stays and we try to salvage the season. If we lose this one, Henry is a Raven by lunchtime on Monday.
I think I’d stop watching the titans until the GM and HC were gone if they traded Henry to the Ravens. I hate the ravens

Was Wisenhunt really an offensive guru though? Seems like he was just the OC/HC where good QBs were. Doesn't seem like there was anything especially exciting or modern about those offenses. Not to mention, those were some really, really bad Titans teams. I think the first year J-Rob took over, he jettisoned like 60% of the team. But I digress.

I want an offensive guru that actually employs an offensive style from this century. Not someone that wants to give Henry and Spears 30+ carries every game and have game managers at QB.
I don’t think he was a guru and hindsight proves it.
He’s an example of a name getting hot but really because he had Warner, Fitzgerald, and Boldin for a short time. 1 of only a handful of teams with 3 1K WR on the same team (Breaston was the 3rd).

I really thought Whisenhunt was a great hire and the team overall would succeed.
I was unaware of the extended amount of time he needed to prepare for games whether it was the win after a bye week or the 2 wins after a full offseason, camp, and preseason.

Right there with you, I was super stoked about that hire.

My WAY TOO EARLY prediction for our next head coach is Bobby Slowik. Mark it down, you heard it here first!

My WAY TOO EARLY prediction for our next head coach is Bobby Slowik. Mark it down, you heard it here first!

Vrabel is going to see this team through rebuild or retooling whatever it’s called.

The Titans don’t have a QB. When THill was good we won. He won’t be blamed until we have another good one and he still fails. Vrabel is and is widely respected as a very good HC. Some of y’all talk about loyalty to players and no Free Agents wanting to come here. No great HCs will come here if they don’t get a chance to win with talent and get blamed for a trash roster. We are suffering through JRobs destruction of this team with bad drafts and bad contracts. Vrabel, like most NFL HCs didn’t have control of personnel like some of you think. He might now, but HC/GM don’t work usually. Too much to do.

The Titans biggest problem is talent. The biggest talent void which affects the team more than any is at QB. Once that is resolved the team will be instantly better on both sides of the ball.

Vrabel is going to see this team through rebuild or retooling whatever it’s called.

The Titans don’t have a QB. When THill was good we won. He won’t be blamed until we have another good one and he still fails. Vrabel is and is widely respected as a very good HC. Some of y’all talk about loyalty to players and no Free Agents wanting to come here. No great HCs will come here if they don’t get a chance to win with talent and get blamed for a trash roster. We are suffering through JRobs destruction of this team with bad drafts and bad contracts. Vrabel, like most NFL HCs didn’t have control of personnel like some of you think. He might now, but HC/GM don’t work usually. Too much to do.

The Titans biggest problem is talent. The biggest talent void which affects the team more than any is at QB. Once that is resolved the team will be instantly better on both sides of the ball.

Agree in that I believe Vrabel isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future, unfortunately. The media and fans around the league seem to think his a GOAT.

Could be facing 2-22 and gets to keep his job and is looked at one of the best HC's in the NFL is absolutely mind boggling to me.

I was the one talking about loyalty and I agree.
I think for HC loyalty is almost automatic 3 years to get the team competitive and playoff bound or more.
Vrabel did all that which is why he’s on year 6 right now. That surpasses most coaching gigs and it’s his decisions that have him on the hot seat.
If he were fired after this season, I don’t believe there is any reason for a future potential HC to use franchise loyalty as a hold up. AAS has shown it.

Another issue with loyalty is what is gonna get Vrabel s**tcanned. He was too loyal to the OC/DC that haven’t done anything to fix the problems. I’d have no issue even keeping the same guys IF there was some sort of sign that they were adapting and changing to another formula that doesn’t suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back