Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans are 0/3 at drafting QBs, 0/4 counting Malik but I'm not mad at a 3rd round bust.

Attached least carr can play QB, tannehill just stares at 1 receiver the whole way

Titans are 0/3 at drafting QBs, 0/4 counting Malik but I'm not mad at a 3rd round bust.

Attached least carr can play QB, tannehill just stares at 1 receiver the whole way
I’d say 0/3 with VY/Locker/MM8
If we start counting MW7 we can start counting Mett, Macdonald, or any of the other non-first rounders.

fwiw - Spotrac analyzes all the NFL team's QB room, with regards to their status
NFL Offseason Financial Analysis: Quarterbacks

Tennessee
Before 2022, Ryan Tannehill had no chance of sticking around Tennessee for the final year of his contract. That sentiment has changed (and not because he lit up the stat boards this season). Tannehills non-guaranteed $27M for 2023 comes with a $36.6M cap hit. A small restructure should clean things up a bit while not damaging their future caps too much. With that said, Tennessee could very much be a landing spot for Jimmy Garoppolo, Jordan Love, etc… this offseason, which then puts Tannehill’s contract on notice. The Titans can free up $17.8M of cap space with a Pre June 1st release of their veteran QB.

Backup Malik Willis didn’t exactly instill confidence in the position going forward, but his 3 year, $3.5M non-guaranteed remaining rookie deal offers little to no risk from here out. Will Tennessee try to find their next future QB this offseason, or is that plan still a year away?

With concussion spotters having the ability to remove players from the game at anytime, the league needs to allow every team to carry 3 active QBs on gameday.

Malik should never have had to play this season. he should have been the #3 only used in an emergency situation. But we had no choice but to make him the backup.

With concussion spotters having the ability to remove players from the game at anytime, the league needs to allow every team to carry 3 active QBs on gameday.

Malik should never have had to play this season. he should have been the #3 only used in an emergency situation. But we had no choice but to make him the backup.
I don’t really like the league doing this.

I’m not a believer in anything rigged, but some league BS could be worked fairly easily like that.

actually had a choice... could have put him on PS and let him go... granted a bigger fool would have claimed mw7 early in season... but no longer

No question Carr would love to come to Tennessee.

He could reunite with Downing
He could be part of an offense that doesn’t need him
He could take savage beatings week after week experiencing the OL with downing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back