Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not crazy about this pick. You would hope a first rounder would be ready to go right away, but this guy is going to take a lot of time IMO to get to where we need to be, if he ever can.

This guy is going to play guard. I'm fine with that. Some positional versatility.

No way in hell can this team go into the season with Nate Davis and Dennis Kelly being the only options on the right side of the line.

GUARD IN THE FIRST :wooo:

tenor.gif

The only reason I'm down at all on this pick is bc I thought we had bigger needs. BUT...
There are still lots of good CBs available and I expect us to get one today.
If we draft CB today and sign Clowney after the draft, then I'm very happy with this pick.

It's not an exciting or sexy pick, but it makes sense. I saw a big drop off coming from Conk to Kelly, so I'm glad JR got some competition with huge upside.

Wilson's benefit is this teams identity. His current weakness is pass pro, which can be coached, improved, and is less of an issue for us than other team.s The guy JUST turned 21, lots of time to improve. The right side of the line concerned me, so at least this will help the future.

There was lots of talent on the board, but as always, I'll trust JR knows what he's doing more than us.

Also, I'm very surprised Taylor and Swift are still on the board. I anticipate they won't last far into the 2nd.

As for the rest of the draft, assuming Clowney is signing after the 28th, I want a CB, RB, WR and K. EDGE would be good, but talent after the 50th pick usually drops off a cliff.

Massive mauler, but this pick would've made total sense if we didn't sign Dennis Kelly.

Why sign Kelly if you don't have total faith in him?
To be fair, Kelly is still extremely valuable as a swing tackle that can fill in on either side if someone gets injured, or as a 6th OL.

There are so few guards in the league at over 6'5". It's an extremely rare thing to have a guard that big. Would make no sense at all to have him play there when he's been a pretty darn good RT.

We want to maul people. He can blow people out in the run game, and is not a liability in pass pro, and can get better in that.

I admit that I wanted a CB in the first and was a little down on this pick at first, but I've come around on it. He's basically a bigger, meaner, more powerful Conklin.

Kelly will probably start the season just due to the shortened offseason, but I expect Wilson to come in some and play pretty early.

To be fair, Kelly is still extremely valuable as a swing tackle that can fill in on either side if someone gets injured, or as a 6th OL.
And Kelley’s cap hit is just $3.5 million this year. That’s a bargain for a quality starter/high level reserve tackle.

Love the pick. Had to solidify the OL and sitting all the way at #29 to grab a guy that plays so angry and has a high ceiling is a good value. He’s big, and pushes people around. This is going to suck for opposing defenses looking across and seeing Henry and Wilson...600 pounds grinding you down for 4 quarters. Side note: Jrob was smart here. He knew CB’s and RB’s/WR’s would be plentiful in round 2-3. Also, it saves us money at a premium position for 4-5 years. Push Conklin’s money to Clowney and replace conk with someone graded just as well coming out with more potential. We also gave up nothing to get him, unlike moving up to #8 to get Conklin. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
my bad

Well, worked out for GB once before so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rodgers was a top QB that year that fell though. Big difference. Rodgers contract isn't cuttable until after Love's 3rd season. So they will be deciding on his 5th year option by the time Rodgers can leave GB.

And he ain't retiring early... no way he leaves that money on the table especially since they picked this dude round 1

Rodgers was a top QB that year that fell though. Big difference. Rodgers contract isn't cuttable until after Love's 3rd season. So they will be deciding on his 5th year option by the time Rodgers can leave GB.

And he ain't retiring early... no way he leaves that money on the table especially since they picked this dude round 1

I was surprised they took a QB because I thought maybe in the 1st round you can get some really good players that can help this team win now. Nothing against Jordan I think he is a great player. I don't know him personally but I'm sure he is a great kid. I just don’t know how backing up or being the third, who knows where he’s going to fall in the depth chart but helps us win now but that’s not my decision to make that’s all the coaches and the GM and owner...if they feel like he can help our team, so be it but I was a little surprised
-Rodgers today, probably

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back